Archived Tech/Beauty Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I know some stores are definitely keeping the tech/beauty lead, but has anyone heard of them going away because they’re failing at selling and basically not doing shit except standing around looking slick all day. (Or this could just be my store?)

We were set to start someone in this role and the STL was informed by the HRBP that it failed. Now I have to keep damn electronics 👎

Only High Volume Stores and possibly low volume stores will keep this position. It may be a Specialty Lead that would absorb Style too in Low volume. Or it could just stay the same in High volume, but don't expect a single Beauty TL or Tech TL to stay aboard.

I heard they just didn't see the value in the position and seeing as I went into this role from a Senior TL position I can tell you the payroll was not there! My STL really opened up the schedule overlap for me but if we went by the hours the department actually got, the TL would be stuck as single coverage 80% of the time making training and sales development very difficult.

Beauty and Tech report directly to the Specialty Sales Leader. There will be no Lead that they report to. The feedback was that the Beauty/Tech Lead could only focus on operations and not on the selling culture due to both areas requiring a lot of dedication and planning.

In the pilot there are three org charts: high, med, and low volume.
Through "feedback" and "discussions" they have revamped the charts.
From what we were told by our Store Director (STL) If you are high you get a one beauty and one tech lead. Med gets one beauty\tech lead and low gets a style\beauty\lead. They are also reducing Leaders(ETLs).
The position was challenging, it's two very different products to sell, the departments are generally not located near each other, and there was definitely not enough hours to give double coverage so you could check on both or train your team.
We are losing our beauty\tech lead. Our B\T lead had it down, it sucks we are losing her. She got chose for because she wore make up, (that's the right way to promote somebody :rolleyes:) and they threw her in electronics, not going to lie she struggled. How can you sell or teach someone to sell something you know nothing about? It took her a few weeks and she learned it, developed a strong team and they are excelling. Every visit her team rocked it, the tasks got done and they have only missed goals for sales a few times. I loved when she would be giving a break in electronics a full face of make up and in all black and totally sell electronics to a guest that underestimated her ability. My fave was a guy stood in toys and waited for to finish giving a break because she intimidated him with her knowledge and beauty.:rolleyes:
Our Style Lead can't handle softlines let alone any of the home style elements and now she has manage all style, beauty and electronics? :eek:
And with us going into the 4th quarter:eek::eek:
And with my GM Leader as her boss:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back