Archived Terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santee

Planogram
So apparently I've been terminated. Something went wrong with my paper work. I can't punch in but I'm still working, doing punch corrections. HR tells me that even though I do punch corrections I still might not get paid. I've signed the paperwork. Now I have to wait to get reinstated.

Huh?
Let me see if I got this right.
You were accidentally terminated, so now they have you doing punch corrections and they can't guarantee you will get paid?
Wow.
That is an HR nightmare.

If you're working you will get paid... If HR at your store has any brains that is.

There is legal trouble for them having you work without being paid.

So apparently I've been terminated. Something went wrong with my paper work. I can't punch in but I'm still working, doing punch corrections. HR tells me that even though I do punch corrections I still might not get paid. I've signed the paperwork. Now I have to wait to get reinstated.

Sounds like there was a problem with the I-9 at orientation. You'll get paid for any hours you work, it's illegal otherwise. The HR is slacking if it came to this point - it's pretty simple to fix and avoid these issues. {If that's what happened}

HR called me saying that I've been terminated, I think it was the I-9. My TL asked HR if I can still work, they said yes but no guarantee pay because there is no proof or something of me working since I don't have a TM number? It's been two days so far. I'm just working because my TL needs me.

Just found out im not the only one this had happened to at my store,it happened a few weeks ago to another TM. Hes been working two weeks doing punch corrections since HR didnt know what was wrong.

Yes one HR member has been talked to about this issue.

You may want to talk to your ETL-HR if you haven't already. When a TM at my store was accidentally fired after being on LOA for several months, our ETL-HR had to fix the problem and reinstate her.

If you don't get paid, then that is illegal.
So you should get paid, if not then hire a lawyer and sue them.

I can only think that you have been taken off the Payroll computer some how.

If you employment with Target has been terminated. Then they wouldn't allow you to work.

I can only think that you have been taken off the Payroll computer some how.

If you employment with Target has been terminated. Then they wouldn't allow you to work.

Im not in the system no more. My ETL told me the system deletes my # at midnight.
I work LOG-O/N ,I had clocked in at 11p.m. And at 3:00a.m for lunch i punched in and it said TM #not found or something . Ive signed the paper work and HR has turned it in, so now its a waiting game

You cannot work for free. This is an absolute fact. If there is an issue with your I9 then they need to be denying you from even clocking in and sending you home until the situation has been rectified.

You cannot work for free. This is an absolute fact. If there is an issue with your I9 then they need to be denying you from even clocking in and sending you home until the situation has been rectified.

. and there is NO WAY i would even come to work if someone told me that they couldnt guarantee me pay, No matter how much my TL needed me. Even telling you that you might not get paid for working is just stupid on there part, as much as they enforce the "working off the clock" thing im surprised they said it. Hell i got stopped by a TL while i was off the clock and asked a question and she forced me to do punch correction for 15mins

Im not in the system no more. My ETL told me the system deletes my # at midnight.
I work LOG-O/N ,I had clocked in at 11p.m. And at 3:00a.m for lunch i punched in and it said TM #not found or something . Ive signed the paper work and HR has turned it in, so now its a waiting game

You'll be all set in a few days. The I-9 is that important to be done correctly the first time. If not, you are termed automatically by the system. The HR and STL receive emails ahead of this so that there is time to correct whatever error. Usually it's a pretty simple error, but this is the result of not heeding the email to got it corrected promptly. You will be paid - although I am worried about the people at your store getting this completed.

You'll be all set in a few days. The I-9 is that important to be done correctly the first time. If not, you are termed automatically by the system. The HR and STL receive emails ahead of this so that there is time to correct whatever error. Usually it's a pretty simple error, but this is the result of not heeding the email to got it corrected promptly. You will be paid - although I am worried about the people at your store getting this completed.

This is reassuring. Thanks Annie
:yes3:

The Department of Homeland Security is very picky about their I-9's...if you don't dot an i or cross a t it'll be asked to be re-submitted...this should have been done way before you were termed though...sorry you have to go through that.

Everythings normal again. My TM number works, im back on the schedule.:so_happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back