Archived Termination question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long story short, during Black Friday while working hardlines due to some confusion I accidently honored the wrong price of a tv to a guest that happened to be about a 100$ difference and ended up getting confronted by one of the ETL's. She completely ignored my reasoning for it and just wanted validation on if I actually gave the customer the okay for that price to which I admitted I wrongfully did.
Do you think this is something I can get terminated for, considering I'm a seasonal worker still under my 90?

Well, chances aren't very good if you're under 90 days. You'll just have to feel it out, perhaps your store is keen on second chances.

I thought all price changes over $20 prompted for a supervisor override? Or is that just for price matches?

Well, chances aren't very good if you're under 90 days. You'll just have to feel it out, perhaps your store is keen on second chances.
After the confrontation I apologized several times and she told me that it was fine but idk what she meant by that so that's why I'm freaking out lol

I thought all price changes over $20 prompted for a supervisor override? Or is that just for price matches?
It was simply a confusion between the tag price and actual price. I thought it was part of our Black Friday deal so I thought there was no need for a supervisor override

Yeah, in the black Friday thread there was advice to call for a supervisor on huge overrides.

On the one hand I don't think you are going to be fired on the spot because it was an honest mistake but your chances of being kept past the holidays are really small. One of the stereotypes of a seasonal worker ( unfair or not) are being naieve and not asking for help when needing it and you checked both boxes.

That is a perfect example of needing to partner with a leader.

It's never too late to try to get back on your leaderships good side. Picking up shifts, staying late, tipping off AP to shoplifters but yeah... Don't ever do that again

Last edited:
After the confrontation I apologized several times and she told me that it was fine but idk what she meant by that so that's why I'm freaking out lol

Just like what HRzone said, you will have to ride out your seasonal position and see what happens. perhaps it's not recommended but if you would like to talk again to your ETL about your concerns you could probably meet with them sometime in your next shift.

Shit happens, I once turned a $70 R.C car into a $28 R.C car because the customers were in a hurry and pressured me saying it was the wrong price and they had to catch their little girl at the bus. I never let it happen again, granted I was WAY past my 90 days but I haven't let anyone pull my dick around since. I wasn't ever talked to about it, surprisingly, I was extremely surprised I wasn't.

But you can only hope for the best! Good luck, you are welcome to stay and post here some more and get involved in the community!

Let this be a lesson learned. Not just in retail, or target, but, in life. Always always double check when in doubt. Always always ask questions, specially if you are new at something. ALWAYS!
Just work hard and prove you can learn from your mistake.....you’ll be fine.

This is the exact reason I avoid cashiering like the Plague mixed with Ebola, MRSA and HIV, just way too easy to make expensive mistakes that can alter your employment destiny in a hurry

The only Target money I touch is the bundles they toss me every other Friday
Lol, bundles! You ballin huh?

I don't think you'll get terminated for one mistake. Now if you were making price adjustments for friends or another team member it might be a different story. Now you might not get terminated on the spot but you might not make it past the 90 days unless they find potential in you but still you would leave on good terms I believe because you were seasonal.

That shouldn't have been possible in POS. it should've sent out a MyAlert to anyone who is getting GSTL alerts on a MyDevice. Large price adjustments or price matches have to be approved by someone with supervisor numbers, especially for a $100 difference. Unless I'm misunderstanding what actually happened.

Make it right for the guest.... asants but my store wouldn’t care at all.

Any change over a certain amount is investigated by AP.

This is true. So many TMs have been terminated for gross misconduct after AP investigated them for giving out mad discounts. I would be wary about doing any changes that may be misconstrued as shady. It is better to play it safe and ask your leader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back