Archived Thanks Target (somewhat rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...not sure who else had to work today but working over in market was nuts. We had someone opening for their first time in pfresh today, the team leader somehow having tuesday through thursday off, and the food truck having all of our lovely transition product on it which i thank target for sending on the 4th so much. Not to mention all the corn coming in thats on sale that cant stay in the boxes because it has to be dealt with because of ice being placed in the box as it comes in.

Anyway i could rant a couple paragraphs but short version. I appreciate the pay and the hours im getting this week but having to work 12:30-9 tonight on the 4th and then having to open 6-2:30 tommorow im pretty sure im the most #&&#% employee at the entire store when it comes to my shifts this holiday, so thanks target!!! Life and Work Balance am i right. Not to mention Wednesday is supposed to be the day I pretty much always have off

Also forgot I had to do the market close, market open earlier this week too...so two close opens on the fourth of july week , horray

Last edited:
Did you at least get time-and-a-half?

Clopening can be rough, especially twice in the same week. The closing GSA tonight was complaining about having to triple clopen into next week (6 consecutive days).

my week is similarly chaotic, but i seem to have picked up 16 hours out of nowhere so .. hellsyeah

Ditto. Although I have today (the 5th) off. Yesterday I worked market and pfresh alone from 6am to 3pm. Everyone is so pressed for time that when I came in there were crap carts everywhere. Push, backstock, fixtures, just laying everywhere. The coolers were FULL of backstock that our team didn't have time to backstock. There was a busted pallet of ice that made our freezer a deathtrap, and I spent at least half an hour cleaning it up.

Fortuntately the three LODs present had a complete 180 change of attitude toward market. At the start of the day one of them was hounding me about reshop. I had more important things to do, like keeping our ad outs in stock even though they're unlocated, and purging all the patriotic cookies from the bakery. And pushing milk, bananas, ice, etc. Not to mention CAFs. I suspect the DTL called, or something. All of a sudden they all came over and said "Oh, you're all alone in market, do you need help with anything?" They all took CAFs.

Ditto. Although I have today (the 5th) off. Yesterday I worked market and pfresh alone from 6am to 3pm. Everyone is so pressed for time that when I came in there were crap carts everywhere. Push, backstock, fixtures, just laying everywhere. The coolers were FULL of backstock that our team didn't have time to backstock. There was a busted pallet of ice that made our freezer a deathtrap, and I spent at least half an hour cleaning it up.

Fortuntately the three LODs present had a complete 180 change of attitude toward market. At the start of the day one of them was hounding me about reshop. I had more important things to do, like keeping our ad outs in stock even though they're unlocated, and purging all the patriotic cookies from the bakery. And pushing milk, bananas, ice, etc. Not to mention CAFs. I suspect the DTL called, or something. All of a sudden they all came over and said "Oh, you're all alone in market, do you need help with anything?" They all took CAFs.

Haha....I wish LODS could work a market shift and see what its really like. Yes im just over in market partying every day and just jerking off not doing anything. On especific LOD pretty much always does a working huddle in the morning and for a few weeks straight it would be either apparel reshop or zone for like 30-45 minutes. Sometimes this LOD even has the Audacity to basically tell me to do a whole cart of market reshop too even after helping in apparel and when I have an order, research, and have to leave at 12:30. Then on the walk points out what things didnt get done. Well no **** it didnt get done, I spent the last hour on my break and in apparel. And the walks this LOD does takes forever as well. Today in market I cashiered for about 20 guests maybe coming up 2-3 times for backup, grabbed carts twice for about 40-50 minutes combined, along with the normal market stuff and I backstocked my own morning pulls.

The 4th tho, was a complete beast of a night. First of all. We were setting the back to school section so backroom was backed up a ton from plano. Then our C+S push team went over their scheduled time because we got pushed not only freezer transition which in itself is alot, but decided hey since they are making time and a half lets give them all of the cooler transition product too. Usually it is one or the other, I dont think ive ever seen both at the same time.

To your post tho. We had pushed out all of our patriotic cookies on tuesday so all that was done thank god. We also flexed out some corn sunday so we had alot of that on the floor which was nice because we didnt have to constantly fill it. But ya for closing I pushed out 2 flatbeds of beer, all of our hamburger and hotdogs buns franz left, flatbed of milk, a couple boxes of bananas, a box of ribs, prob 2 boxes of corn, stocking like 20 bags of ice, and several times bringing bags of ice to the checklanes plus all of the CAFS + backstocking them all, taking care of a few boxes of corn, which btw I have no idea what best practice is on those. We take them out of the box and put it in a long waco and cut the tip off and peel a couple layers or so because if you just took it out of the box and didnt do anything it molds in a day or two ( we tried, it failed), along with looking like crap on the salesfloor. After the team pushes produce we have the pallet with corn on it. We had 8 boxes of corn come in so doing all the cutting on that and having the ice melt all over our ambient room floor was just fantastic to clean up after with the puddles of water and soggy cardboard and all =)

Pfresh dude, I got your back!

Thanks. And I dont really hate this LOD anymore, they just want **** done, as do I and they are a hard worker just very demanding. Sometimes I just have a little TOO much to do that I cant get to everything I had wanted to do, but such is target life and market specifically. "Way to much to do and not enough time to do it" is the market slogan haha. I pulled through though and get to enjoy a nice day off tommorow =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back