Thanksgiving and payday

Should team members be expecting any delay due to Thanksgiving being a day before payday? Will it affect direct deposit? I usually get my check in on Thursday around 5pm, and am not sure if itll be later this check due to the holiday.

thatcashierdude

Former Service Desk Ninja
It shouldn't...but banks are weird with this kind of stuff. It's an electronic transfer so it shouldn't be affected by a holiday though I don't know for certain. For me payday was last friday (different stores get paid at different times).

Should team members be expecting any delay due to Thanksgiving being a day before payday? Will it affect direct deposit? I usually get my check in on Thursday around 5pm, and am not sure if itll be later this check due to the holiday.
you will probably get it a day early, because its a banking holiday

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really wouldnt mind it to come in on Wednesday. Prep money for a few items i need to buy.

I really wouldnt mind it to come in on Wednesday. Prep money for a few items i need to buy.
i know love it when it happens

I got mine on Wednesday last year. I'm hoping I get it direct deposit this week, it's my final check and I gather that can go 2ways. I really don't want to go pick up one on Friday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got mine on Wednesday last year. I'm hoping I get it direct deposit this week, it's my final check and I gather that can go 2ways. I really don't want to go pick up one on Friday.
I thought final checks were paper only? I know terminated employees are done differently. Maybe voluntarily leaving is different.

That is what I'm needing to find out. I really needed the money Wednesday AM to pay my car registration... Of course that means I won't get it right?

Then the little check would look little-ER!!

I called and asked, she wasn't sure, but told me if I have to come get it Friday to wait until after the rush...

No. If you have paper you may have a harder times trying to deposit it, but direct deposit will be fine.

Well, I have a pending direct deposit. I'm leery because I read a couple of post the last year about them snagging it back. It was more than I expected, it must have had the hours I took as vacation which is why the last check was less than I thought it should have been.

And now I need a check stub, I wonder if I can log into eHR? My mytime login finally dropped off, I'm guessing when they actually termed me.

A little off topic, but curious. . . I will receive my first paycheck on Friday. Which two weeks will I be paid for? November 2-15 or November 9-22? Some companies are "behind" more than others when they pay you.

A little off topic, but curious. . . I will receive my first paycheck on Friday. Which two weeks will I be paid for? November 2-15 or November 9-22? Some companies are "behind" more than others when they pay you.
Friday's payday covers thru last Saturday night. So your 2nd set of dates!

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
Last year I got mine on Wednesday. This year it looks like Friday since today is Wednesday and it hasn't posted.

LogisticsFox

Perishables Prince
I believe Regions 100 and 200 get paid one week and 300 and 400 get paid the week after.
I know stores' pay schedules are broken up but I don't think this is the dividing line. My original store was a R400 store and they got paid last week. Now I'm in a R3oo store and we get paid this week. It might have something to do with the store's age?