Archived Thanksgiving shifts what's every one working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday I work 2pm to 10pm SFS and Friday I work 6am to 2:30 backroom. And then come back Saturday at 5:30am sfs :(

4pm - midnight on Thanksgiving. Bright side is the overtime pay + not having to deal with guests on Black Friday. Downside is it ruins Thanksgiving and I can't see the Packers game (where Favre is getting his number retired).

Just like last year, my store is stupid and is having a truck on black thursday.

We are for sure taking a C&S truck, not bad no one in that side of the store anyways. But we had some STL drama so she didn't them cancelled. Our new STL is trying desperately to make sure a C&S is all we are dealing with. Our last STL was a newbie more worried about getting her husband to be on the same side of the state. She was frankly over her head and derelict in duty. She dropped her notice and was told to leave the same week. Not work out her two weeks.

I will never understand putting a newbie in charge of a 70+million dollar store. This is the third time in six years it has gone badly.

I work 1230 am to 900 am no sleep?? Yes!! Count on many many red bulls or Starbucks for me lol. I'm a night person but I usually go to bed at midnight so this night I'll be like I should be in bed lol. There is one guy who works at our store he's totally unavailable Thursday, Friday and Saturday and guess what ( not scheduled at all) I mention to some buddies of mine and there like ya if you're unavailable you can't work ( that's not how I see it) I'm not able to work Saturday but guess what they scheduled me soo.. I mean granted Saturday isn't a requirement but it is also busy so they scheduled me. I don't understand why this guy gets off all 3 days because he's unavailable??

So on thanksgiving its time and half plus 1 diff pay? Right? Then at what time do you get over night pay? And does that stack onto the time and half and extra 1$
So like 18$ hr for time and half
Then plus 1 for the holiday diff pay
Then another dollar for over night?

So at some point I'll be at 20$
Is that right?

I've got a double. 5:45pm Thurs to 1pm Fri. Plus a closing shift Wed till midnight? And a random Saturday sf shift. Which isn't available to them to schedule...so that has to change...

So on thanksgiving its time and half plus 1 diff pay? Right? Then at what time do you get over night pay? And does that stack onto the time and half and extra 1$
So like 18$ hr for time and half
Then plus 1 for the holiday diff pay
Then another dollar for over night?

So at some point I'll be at 20$
Is that right?
That is the way HR explained it to us. So yes, between 10pm and midnight you would get time and a half plus both $1 shift diffs if applicable.

Edit: Wait, you normally make $12/hr???

That is the way HR explained it to us. So yes, between 10pm and midnight you would get time and a half plus both $1 shift diffs if applicable.

Edit: Wait, you normally make $12/hr???

Ok cool thanks I thought that's how it would work, didn't want to ask HR.
Yea they started me at 12hr. I had asked about that on another post sounds like I was pretty lucky from what other people where saying.

Off Thursday but they scheduled the flow team to come in at 1am instead of 2am Friday because the geniuses are not only taking a truck but a C&S that morning as well. Probably going to tell them I won't be in until my regular shift time because I'm not rushing back from dinner in another state. They didn't ask and family is way more important.

Last edited:
I am technically off on thanksgiving, but I volunteered for OT. Luckily I get to work from home at anytime I want. Unfortunately, Friday I work 12 hours in the office.

some of these shifts are just insane, I remember last year when I was working 6pm to 4am on black Thursday and around 2 to 4 it was so slow and quite, everything felt like I was in a dream/nightmare.

Oh and one more ? Is it normal that I'd be doing signing? I have no idea what it is or anything, I don't mind but will there be someone to give me a hand?
I'm not sure if anyone has responded to you yet (I've only read the first page). Sunday morning signing is basically putting up sales signs (stickers mainly and some 7x11 paper signs) before the store opens. I do it every Sunday (except I go in at 4). I love it. It's the fastest 4 hours worked in that place. You can put your headphones on and have nobody bug you...until around 7 when the dayside LOD comes in to check on how you're going with hanging signs. It's not hard at all. Just make sure you're hanging the right sign in the right place (you'll check the DPCI before placing the sticker over the perm sign).

I am not available on those days and they did ask me when I could work those days and I never answered them so they didnt schedule me. Works out perfect for me! I am debating on still working for 5 or 6 hours on Thursday for the time and a half. I need to make some purchases on Friday to get that 20% off coupon so this will give me reason to be there.

Thursday
5PM to 7:45PM TPS
7:45PM to 12AM whenever I feel like leaving tbh Signing under LSA (what's LSA??)

Friday
10AM to 6:30PM Electronics

Saturday
oh look I have saturday off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back