Archived Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything....has Target posted their intended Thanksgiving opening time yet? Maybe they are waiting until after Halloween to make it public. Does anyone have any inside intel? Just curious.

We will likely open at 6 to compete with Wal-Mart. I told my HR that, I did not want to work on the day this year. We'll see what happens. Since I am a PA, I do not believe I am a critical part of Black Thursday. Plus, we get C&S on Friday.

I'm a "PA" also and I would get scheduled Thursday evening til 1 then back at 9. Last year I got scheduled 5-1am then back at 6-230..I worked thru it and went home around 10am because it was dead and I was dead tired. I told them I wasn't going home for 5hrs. I'm never doing that again but I did get a lot of cleaning done haha

I'm a minor but I work in both Hardlines and electronics. When do they normally schedule minors for Thanksgiving/Blackfriday? Should I expect to be there from like 4-9:45 on thanksgiving, or at like 5 am on Black Friday? @HRZone maybe you have some insight as to when minors are usually scheduled?

I'm a minor but I work in both Hardlines and electronics. When do they normally schedule minors for Thanksgiving/Blackfriday? Should I expect to be there from like 4-9:45 on thanksgiving, or at like 5 am on Black Friday? @HRZone maybe you have some insight as to when minors are usually scheduled?

We usually only schedule minors on black Friday and not thanksgiving. Because the store doesn't open until 6 there is no point in you working a 6 to 945 shift.

So the Black Friday circular won't go into effect until Friday, but we will still be open on Thursday night?

Not true, I've seen some black Friday guides and we are told to expect Doorbusters

They gonna let the guests camp in the store overnight?

Exactly why I don't believe it's true. Since we are open through Thanksgiving night into morning there isn't a good way to do this

I know that there was an article about Spot reducing the Christmas presence until after Thanksgiving but I don’t know if it includes Black Friday and maybe she misinterpreted it. Seems a bit risky to scale back after doing it a few years already but I wouldn’t complain if Thanksgiving went back to a normal holiday

I haven't seen anything....has Target posted their intended Thanksgiving opening time yet? Maybe they are waiting until after Halloween to make it public. Does anyone have any inside intel? Just curious.
That info is usually kept completely away from everyone at the store level until around the time the schedule for that week is due to be posted. I'm expecting it to be 6pm like the past few years, but I doubt we'll find out earlier than Thursday 11/9.

I really thought I’d pull off taking Black Friday off :(

All hands on deck, at my store. You might be doing sales floor or back room.

Yeah last year we had our OPU team in white on black Friday so they could work and not be bothered by guess (But still in uniform)

I also heard we will have a team here thanksgiving morning to do SFS.

We are probably working overnights thanksgiving week to do picks plus a pack crew dayside. I dont know if they'll expect us to work thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back