Archived that whole thing about how etls have to be hot and 22

• Thread starter MrTaskMule
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 13K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what the etls look like but just give me one with a brain that can think for themselves. And can say no we didn't get the 4x4s done with the two people we have for 6 hours because they are doing back up. When the district comes in. Have a back bone. I think that's why they go for the 20 year olds they are very good with those kool aid smiles.

oh 4x4s.....someone at HQ decided...hey, heres a good idea..lets cut hours on the floor and front lanes and then force another task on the allready overburdened SF...great idea!!!

Remember that time I said I had a bunch of old and/or less pretty ETLs (and stl)? Most of them are gone, now. Replaced with young, pretty people. Stl is only 26 (that's what I guessed, after finding his resume online haha) and I got lost in his eyes the other day.

None of them (wait, except 1) seem bad as leaders, though. The stl has a bunch of target-y achievements on his resume, though, so he's probably really annoyingly corny and just all about that bullseye flavored kool aid.

So we're still waiting on our new ETL-GE to start at the store, and I'll bet anything she's one of "those" ETLs.

The APTL at my store is hot and 22. It's kind of distracting.

Mine is now too.

I think, about that age anyway. She started this week after the previous one was transferred to another store and promoted to ETL-AP. I was rather shocked to see she was that young. The previous APTL served as security on black friday and such, can't really imagine the new one doing so, she might be good with technology, but the idea of her apprehending a criminal or breaking up a fight just seems super unlikely, she might weigh all of 100-120 pounds.

Our previous previous APTL (not the previous one, but the one before him) was a similar size and also a woman. She did a good job, but she was also middle aged and took shit from no one. Our current APTL is apparently doing a better job though. I'm surprised the current guy got the job, being so young, but he's really into his job and says his numbers are a lot better than our other two APTLs.

The APTL at my store is hot and 22. It's kind of distracting.

Mine is now too.

I think, about that age anyway. She started this week after the previous one was transferred to another store and promoted to ETL-AP. I was rather shocked to see she was that young. The previous APTL served as security on black friday and such, can't really imagine the new one doing so, she might be good with technology, but the idea of her apprehending a criminal or breaking up a fight just seems super unlikely, she might weigh all of 100-120 pounds.

I don't know, my wife's niece is the same age and size.
She's also in the Israeli Defense Forces and is a master of Krav Maga.
I'm pretty pretty sure she could break me in half and I'm three times her size.

People can surprise you.

^^ I can tell you she is not the norm. I would love to an AP ETL who would do half their job.

A woman with martial arts training and military training?
Nice. :D

I would hope that the woman wouldn't look like a Klingon. Sorry but I have to stick with my species.

That what happens with a sexist hireing work force.

In the case of Target they aren't sexist, they're ageist and lookest.
They pick the people who fit a certain profile that they want representing their company.
This means both mental and physical.

I'm really assuming you're not talking about the Israeli Army.

Yeah, certainly not sexist. Only one of our ETL's is a guy. The rest as well as the STL are female. 1 of the 2 Sr. TL's is male.

Isn't the military mandatory for Israeli citizens? Like don't you have to do a 1 or 2 year stint? I think there are exceptions like medical and religious reasons but pretty sure it's required. I remember seeing this gorgeous Israeli actress Alona Tal talking about it on Craig Ferguson.

Back to the subject, I think if you're good at your job, looks shouldn't matter. However, some people may not respect a gorgeous woman that has authority and a lot of responsibilities. It is sexist but for some strange reason, a lot of people think that unattractive or average looking older women are the only types of males that can be bosses and in some type of authority role. It's not right but I definitely see it sometimes when I'm out in public at a store or some type of business.

Isn't the military mandatory for Israeli citizens? Like don't you have to do a 1 or 2 year stint? I think there are exceptions like medical and religious reasons but pretty sure it's required. I remember seeing this gorgeous Israeli actress Alona Tal talking about it on Craig Ferguson.

Back to the subject, I think if you're good at your job, looks shouldn't matter. However, some people may not respect a gorgeous woman that has authority and a lot of responsibilities. It is sexist but for some strange reason, a lot of people think that unattractive or average looking older women are the only types of males that can be bosses and in some type of authority role. It's not right but I definitely see it sometimes when I'm out in public at a store or some type of business.

Yes, it's mandatory for everyone (now even for the ultra-religious who used to be able to get out of it). My niece reenlisted and went into a special unit.

I agree. Being competent and a good leader are the two most important things when it comes to being an ETL. If you are eye candy, super. If not, fine. Not the end of the world. Besides, you are there to get a paycheck and not to perv and/or fantasize about your coworkers and bosses.

Lol... I fantasize. And the stl's eyes... I'm sure even a straight man looks into those eyes and says wow internally. I get my work done, still, though. Work is muscle memory at this point. I can think about one thing and still continue doing my work. It's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back