Gantz

I can go on, and on.

how can you pick just one?!
you can't have "one" favorite. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Favorite show of all time, hands down. So great. I constantly rewatch it when I have nothing better to do. Speaking of which, I should watch a couple now...

Also, Kiki's Delivery Service > Everything ever.
YES! Though Spirited Away is my number one, Kiki's Delivery Service is my number 2. It just resonates with this weird, dream like, nostalgic feeling in me that no movie has ever done before. It feels like dreams I used to have, that leak into reality. Or vice versa. When I first saw it, I was probably only 7-8 years old. It aired once on Disney channel, and that was it. I had no idea what it was called, and didn't hear of it again until I was older. That sort of enhanced the mystery of it.

You know that part where she loses her ability to fly? So she's running down the hill, trying to take off, and she just floats for a few moments before falling back down? I have a shit ton of dreams like that. It was weird to see something visualize that same feeling.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
When someone says they don't like anime...

KingBear

Don't let me talk
Can I just say that I'm finally putting my crunchyroll subscription to use and that I binge-watched about 17 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans last night and I started out like "oh no why are all of these teenage boys shirtless is this another version of Gundam Wing (and is that really a bad thing)" but now it's sort of getting like..... shadowy mastermind conspiracy theorist shit that doesn't entirely make sense??? like it started as "this lady needs to get to Earth to free Mars" which is easy enough but then there's one Really Fucking Rich Guy pulling all sorts of strings and it's like.... okay, that's a way to bring that character back into the fold, but whhhyyyy is he in the fold in the first place??? Was a super-powerful collection of creepy megafamilies governing the entire space system not good enough?? Now we need one guy who's just doing a bunch of unexplainable shit on top of that?? "Oh, I wanna kill that girl. NVM she's got more potential than I realized, I'll just do whatever and go against my own goals on whatever fucking whims I want because I have money bwahahaha"

At least the robots are really flippin cool but man I hope this show does some seriously weird explaining or course correction or something before it's over

M

MrGeppetto

Can I just say that I'm finally putting my crunchyroll subscription to use and that I binge-watched about 17 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans last night and I started out like "oh no why are all of these teenage boys shirtless is this another version of Gundam Wing (and is that really a bad thing)" but now it's sort of getting like..... shadowy mastermind conspiracy theorist shit that doesn't entirely make sense??? like it started as "this lady needs to get to Earth to free Mars" which is easy enough but then there's one Really Fucking Rich Guy pulling all sorts of strings and it's like.... okay, that's a way to bring that character back into the fold, but whhhyyyy is he in the fold in the first place??? Was a super-powerful collection of creepy megafamilies governing the entire space system not good enough?? Now we need one guy who's just doing a bunch of unexplainable shit on top of that?? "Oh, I wanna kill that girl. NVM she's got more potential than I realized, I'll just do whatever and go against my own goals on whatever fucking whims I want because I have money bwahahaha"

At least the robots are really flippin cool but man I hope this show does some seriously weird explaining or course correction or something before it's over
If you like mecha anime, you should check out either Eureka 7 (if you like romance) or Gurren Lagann (Action adventure)

KingBear

Don't let me talk
If you like mecha anime, you should check out either Eureka 7 (if you like romance) or Gurren Lagann (Action adventure)
Gurren Lagann is definitely on my list, but I hadn't heard of Eureka 7 before! I'll give that one a shot.

M

MrGeppetto

Gurren Lagann is definitely on my list, but I hadn't heard of Eureka 7 before! I'll give that one a shot.
You'll love Gurren Lagann, definately bring tissue's for both. Pro tip - don't watch the movie for Eureka 7 and NOT the E7 AO spinoff series. It pissed me off like most Eureka 7 "fans". :(

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Hmm, I'm surprised Crunchy Roll doesn't have Elfen Lied. That's my recommendation for the anime folks! That shit made me cry.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Also....FLCL. It's only 6 episodes long, so it's easy to get into. Except you'll come out of it wondering, "What the fuck just happened?" But hey! It's only 6 episodes! Watch it 2 or 3 times! Here's episode one. I'm assuming most anime fans already have seen this since it was TV...but just in case, you're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkz7_7AaAq8
EPISODE 2 (dub) - (sub)
EPISODE 3 (dub) - (sub)
EPISODE 4 (sub) *sorry, no dub.
EPISODE 5 (sub) *
EPISODE 6 (dub) - (sub)

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
I actually haven't thought of FLCL in a long time. I don't know what made me think of it again. I guess the mention of robots. Anyway, I've since decided to look up stuff about the series to get some insight on it, since it's so odd. This was a good video....

I remember buying the first DVD (with 2 whole episodes on it, woooow) from SunCoast at the mall with my own money. Yeah, remember SunCoast stores? It was like Anime central when I was in high school. Yet within my high school time, they also went out of business. Meh. ANYWAY, I then took that FLCL dvd to school so that I could play it for everyone in the anime club. The anime kids were kinda assholes honestly. I didn't get along with many of them. We were all social misfits for the most part, and I somehow managed to be the misfit of the misfits. So, I felt embarrassed that they mocked the first episode so much, and frustrated that they didn't really pay attention. I didn't show that I was embarrassed though and just tried to be impartial. After feeling so proud to contribute to the club, it was kind of a let down to realize how unimportant everything actually was. I didn't really have many expectations, but I was still irked by the experience. I guess I expected to connect with people more for participating, but nothing came of it. To be fair, I made very minimal efforts to be social, so it's just as much my fault for being such a loner.

They laughed, and I guess enjoyed it, but I felt oddly insecure sharing it. Like me liking it and endorsing it, meant them mocking it feel just a little too personal. It's irrational of course, but that's still how it impacted me on the inside at the time. I still have that same insecurity now with music oddly. Despite making a full 360 in certain aspects of my personality, I get embarrassed playing music for people in my car. It's like I have the thought, "This song suddenly seems incredibly stupid." even though the previous night I was playing it as loud as I could. It's an odd thing to still haven't gotten over.

One day though, one of the guys taped two thick eyebrows made of construction paper to his face (like that one guy in the series) and wore it around during anime club. It made me smile. I thought, "OH! So he liked the show!" It made me feel better.

I remember buying the first DVD (with 2 whole episodes on it, woooow) from SunCoast at the mall with my own money. Yeah, remember SunCoast stores?
Try buying Robotech there on VHS before DVDs were gleam in anyone's eye. Two 20-minute episodes on a tape yet I could fit 2/3 of the original Star Wars trilogy on one cassette. My younger self still seethes at the $25 a pop prices.

Kaitii

The face of true betrayal
sOMEONE TALK TO ME ABOUT THE DUMB LADYBUG SHOW

I HAVE SO MANY STRONG FEELINGS ABOUT THIS SHOW

HALF MY COWORKERS KNOW IM IN LOVE W CHAT NOIR

I JUST SPENT 4 HOURS READING FANICTION AFTER MARATHONING THE SHOW

.....help me