Archived The Backroom Breakroom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed that while working for Target as a backroom team member for over the past and a half, that we in the backroom seem to be separated from the rest of the team. I mean we don't interact with guests, we are not in the huddles, and we are very rarely recognized for our hard work aside from the BS compliment that we from the Closing LOD. So since being separated from the rest of the team, we in the backroom are not anywhere near fit to share the same breakroom with the other TM's......we should have our OWN! Following in the steps of fantasy football (or something like it, okay it involves imagination), let's create our own brekaroom and what it would look like, for starters, it would be located in Aisle 11 (the shoe aisle), all the way in the back, where there is a little room to move around and in front you see what looks like a blank wall, but do the secret knock (which will one be shared with other fellow BR team members), the wall will pop out and slide over to uncover a luxury lounge. There would be a bar and happy hour would be every 2 hours. Next to that would be a 55" LCD TV which would either be on A) ESPN or B) One of the following movie channels (HBO, SHOWTIME, CineMax, REEL, Encore, Flix, etc...). Aside from that there would be 5 32" Tv's mounted on the wall hooked up to Wii's, PS3's and Xbox's, so that even if you can't stick around to catch a good part of a movie or football game, then you can get in a quick round of street fighter or complete a level of Call of Duty (or other game of your choice). In a little corridor of the lounge, there would be a therapist for those of us traumatized by recent work experiences and need some advice or counseling to feel better, and juice box and balloon for being the "best you, you can be" (this would probably become really helpful, even tho it sounds cheesy). One other idea, which you probably thought I would leave out, but haven't forgotten, our certified spa/physical therapist's, because being in the backroom, we all need a good massage now and then. So what other idea's do you have for the backroom luxury lounge?

of course, that is one thing that I probably had in the back of my mind, but more so that would be in the spa area. But yea a hot tub would be a must!

All access to the best PDA's, walkies and printers, tape guns that are fully stocked 24/7, personal equipment keys for everyone. We once had an idea of building a fort on top of the steel near the bedding section. We could easily run electric cords and rig anything we need, hell mini fridges are already up there! Of course the only way to reach this comfy hideout is via Wave. :D

All access to the best PDA's, walkies and printers, tape guns that are fully stocked 24/7, personal equipment keys for everyone. We once had an idea of building a fort on top of the steel near the bedding section. We could easily run electric cords and rig anything we need, hell mini fridges are already up there! Of course the only way to reach this comfy hideout is via Wave. :D

Reminds me of the movie Employee of the Month where Dane Cook's character and his friends have that hideout on top of the steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back