Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah baby bring back a thread from the dead zone.

No better place to put this.

So some one thought that putting a 1,000+ pound bale of cardboard up on the top of the steel was such a good idea they did it twice. But there’s more

There is a big arse unsecured bag of recycling on top of one of the bales. So bring on the death and dismemberment.

After moving around the steel again to accommodate a new way of sorting softlines, I noticed none of the feet of the moved steel where bolted to the floor anymore. I asked the PML about it. He said he'd get to it. I then told AP a week later that all it would take is the stacker hitting that to knock it out of kilter and cause the steel to come crashing down, product and all.

2 weeks later. Guess what is still not done.

If you hear about some steel crashing onto softlines inbound sorters, you'll know what happened.

After moving around the steel again to accommodate a new way of sorting softlines, I noticed none of the feet of the moved steel where bolted to the floor anymore. I asked the PML about it. He said he'd get to it. I then told AP a week later that all it would take is the stacker hitting that to knock it out of kilter and cause the steel to come crashing down, product and all.

2 weeks later. Guess what is still not done.

If you hear about some steel crashing onto softlines inbound sorters, you'll know what happened.

PM sent a field project to PMLs regarding heavy duty steel months ago that included checking for floor bolt counts. He should have already known about it at the least but have taken action by now, whether that's ordering bolts and such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back