Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really you SHOULD, however this can (or at least used to) impact TWT and transitions set on time % scores for score.. Could be a TL/ETL fake tied to make sure all transitions were tied to a location.

If you untie something, could have negative implications, I would check with someone before you untie a bunch of stuff.
I let them know, but when things are tied to S,Q,R, or some other thing that does not exist I tend to not worry as much.

They can see who is untying stuff by tm#, I think.

9999? You sure? I don't think the quantity can be above 999 in a location. Kinda limited but 999 is still a lot.

The specific combination of numbers doesn't matter. You can use any number so long as it is greater than the combined capacities of every sales floor location for that item. So if the item you are trying to reset has three locations with a capacity of 50 each then any number greater than 150 would reset the accumulator.

Yeah, don't worry about using 9999. There is only a handful of items above a capacity of 100 anyways. And even though I don't STO before SUBT like someone else said, is there some error or something that comes out of it? I've been told anything from it counts as a baffle error to it bypasses prompts (clearance, challenge, MIR,) I can see the last one but if we got dinged with errors for every time we subt9999 an item we would be blood red and we are always 98.5 or higher.

Yeah, don't worry about using 9999. There is only a handful of items above a capacity of 100 anyways. And even though I don't STO before SUBT like someone else said, is there some error or something that comes out of it? I've been told anything from it counts as a baffle error to it bypasses prompts (clearance, challenge, MIR,) I can see the last one but if we got dinged with errors for every time we subt9999 an item we would be blood red and we are always 98.5 or higher.

There is no error that comes from using SUBT9999 to locate an item that was previously unlocated.

I always get the feeling when a person says something bad about using SUB 9999 or 999, they just don't want to use it. Personally, I have no sympathy for that laziness. If you are going to back stock stuff that I will have to pull the next hour then you should be obligated to pull those items. Non backroom day people forget that we get timed on this. We have only 60 minutes for each hour of the CAF pulls.

When you SUBT9999 an item, you're using the standalone SUBT app, as opposed to pulling items in a batch. It would only count as a baffle if you do it while pulling a batch. That loophole is the reason you can set the accumulator without dropping your BRLA to 0.005%. And as others have said elsewhere in the forum, don't STO the items before you SUBT9999 them. If you do that, they may still be pulled in the CAFs.

I always STO before SUBT, to make sure I'm putting things in the right fill group and to make sure I'm not going to accidentally backstock clearance or MIRs. I've never had them come out in CAFs.

Does anyone else have a flow TL that refuses to sort transition off the truck? Even when the STL tells him to and when I print out the transition items report the night before and label the pallets?

I never had a problem. My flow team lead was all about getting it sorted and depending on how early we got the transition we staged them in bulk or in our extra trailer.

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the back to school thread. With back to school coming in what has to be sorted? Does some of it come in case packs? I thought everything was shipped individually. I want to try to come up with a plan to make back to school run as smoothly as possible.

They usually come in both repacks and casepacks. If it has a home in stationery, it'll get worked there and sent back. If not, it just gets separated per normal transition process.

Thank you! I cannot remember pushing a lot of things in case packs. Everything I remember pushing back there was in sealed boxes so that's what's confusing me.

Bts with push all is gonna be a nightmare. I don't know which location is going to be on the pick label, but I hope it's not the home. Hopefully some will have the home, and the rest of that dpci will have a transition label, but I'm not holding my breath.

Does anyone else have a flow TL that refuses to sort transition off the truck? Even when the STL tells him to and when I print out the transition items report the night before and label the pallets?
They "attempt" to sort it. Pretty much have to do redo it all anyway with so many mistakes and horrible stacking.

Getting so close to the nightmare that is bts transition :shiver:

If it doesn't have a location, it must be transition. If the pick label says it's transition, it must be transition. I might give them the second one, but it's not like they didn't see where the POG team was working the day before and that that area is not transition anymore.

Subt999 is pretty much done in my store.

Typing SUBT doesn't work anymore in my store. You have to do the process in the toggle screen. Logging in again and again because it logs us out since we're mainly in the RF apps. f'ing up the password thanks to MyFA. Yup. F that shit.

SCNT doesn't work either. Now I have to use the SCNT app, which is pretty much shit because it's too f'ing slow.

This has probably been covered somewhere, but after searching couldn't find anything. When I am pushing, if I come across something that has no location and says active not on planogram I usually backstock it. Today doing challenge this came up. I felt it should be flexed out because it came up challenge. What is the correct thing to do. Thank you Also, along the same line, if it says discontinued not on planogram I always flex it out. Is this correct thinking?

Batteries are the worst. Will get entire cases in my electronics pulls and they're all 100% full.

SUBT9999 that shit!
Are you sure that they don't also go on the battery outposts? Pulls don't care where it goes, just that it goes.

Today doing challenge this came up. I felt it should be flexed out because it came up challenge.

If the item was on a planogram that was recently killed, the system might still want it out on the floor because the accumulator doesn't recognize killed POGs right away. Or maybe someone killed the POG after the item flagged as challenge.

Batteries are the worst. Will get entire cases in my electronics pulls and they're all 100% full.

SUBT9999 that shit!
Are you sure that they don't also go on the battery outposts? Pulls don't care where it goes, just that it goes.

Well I can't check the whole store, but the ones in the back part of the store are usually always full too.

SUBT9999 that shit!

Well I can't check the whole store, but the ones in the back part of the store are usually always full too.
No, but you sending them back as backstock rather than letting the LOD know that the rest of the batteries are ready to be pushed isn't helping anything.

What do we have that's over 100? One Spot stuff?

I always get the feeling when a person says something bad about using SUB 9999 or 999, they just don't want to use it. Personally, I have no sympathy for that laziness. If you are going to back stock stuff that I will have to pull the next hour then you should be obligated to pull those items. Non backroom day people forget that we get timed on this. We have only 60 minutes for each hour of the CAF pulls.

And I have to agree. I've heard complaints about it taking longer, but it really isn't much extra time once you get moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back