The Breakroom Memes

123164328_2492889124342103_6741370802466719391_n.jpg

There was a year at Borders when we had three different versions of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside".
I seriously was going strangle someone by the end of December.

There was a year at Borders when we had three different versions of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside".

Same here, but at Kohl's. I did the math once and determined over my years there I was subjected to the same curated Christmas list for over 2,000 hours. Certain songs are still a trigger and I haven't worked there in well over a decade!

Same here, but at Kohl's. I did the math once and determined over my years there I was subjected to the same curated Christmas list for over 2,000 hours. Certain songs are still a trigger and I haven't worked there in well over a decade!

At Sears it was that godawful Cyndi Lauper song Feels Like Christmas - I loathe it.

I'm more of a traditionalist, but I actually like All I Want for Christmas is You, lol. And I like Kelly Clarkson's Winter Dreams and George Michael's Last Christmas.

One place I worked, I stayed out of the radio wars from January - early November. Then I cashed in my tolerance by insisting on the radio station that plays Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. Mix of very traditional to newer but still a calm format to pop.

I did hate Where Are You Christmas? though. The little girl in The Grinch has a beautiful voice and hearing an adult woman sing a song meant for a child's point of view was grating on the ears.

One place I worked, I stayed out of the radio wars from January - early November. Then I cashed in my tolerance by insisting on the radio station that plays Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. Mix of very traditional to newer but still a calm format to pop.

I did hate Where Are You Christmas? though. The little girl in The Grinch has a beautiful voice and hearing an adult woman sing a song meant for a child's point of view was grating on the ears.

That little girl sings a different tune now.

Is that the actress or the singer? (Assuming that the actress lip synched the singer.)

Both.
She quit acting (she was on one of the CW shows for a while) to do her band full time.
But she sang the song too.

Hey I remember Borders! I used to get my oil changed at a Jiffy Lube where all they played in the waiting room was Michael W. Smith and my wife & I used to go to a Chinese Buffet where they always played Jewel. I remember these ridiculous things while forgetting what I was looking for two minutes after starting to look for it. It's a Wonderful Life trying to sidestep the Twilight Zone!

Back