The Car Thread!

We had a thread like this on the old forum.

Wish I could post up what I drive, but it's somewhat unique. PM me if you wish to know.

Anyway, I love talking cars, or anything else motorsports related.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

candyland

LOD of Shopping Baskets
I'm an enthusiast as well, but this thread is doomed to out people. My car is very unique and I don't feel like posting it is a good idea. I'm happy that their are other car people on here!

I'm not a car enthusiast as much as a co-worker I know, but I do enjoy going to the car shows when we have them in my area. He listens to the radio program car talk and downloads the pod casts from itunes. Recently we saw a Lamborghini Gallardo when we went out to eat. Took out my camera phone to get a pic. Only to discover later, the pic wasn't there. :( I like the older model Mustangs myself. My brother and his sons each have a Mustang and are members of a Mustang club.

Scram

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Scram, how you likin the Challenger? I heard they're pretty comfy boats. :senile:
I'm a fan. I had the Charger before, but only a V6, and man the V8 is such a huge improvement! I love the car, it's great.. And so many gadgets and whatnot it feels like sitting in a friggin jet fighter, haha.

candyland

LOD of Shopping Baskets
I'm a fan. I had the Charger before, but only a V6, and man the V8 is such a huge improvement! I love the car, it's great.. And so many gadgets and whatnot it feels like sitting in a friggin jet fighter, haha.
Heck yeah, V8s are definitely where it's at.

And FS, go you having those toys on a target budget!

Formina Sage

Crown stacker champ
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks :) I had a deal-of-a-lifetime on the beemer, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. Still paying off the bike but my other expenses are minimal at this time so it's not hurting me too badly.

I've never been a big fan of BMW, but I can't hate on the M3. They really do look and perform great.

I've been developing a new love for the Mercedes AMG line. Oh if I only had 200k to blow on a car :dash1:

pzychopopgroove

cyberpunk//my little pony
I currently drive an 05 Focus with a massive dent on the driver side just behind the door. I call it the "chuck norris" dent. I actually hit a concrete pole turning too tightly when I was 16.

But lately I've had my eye on a '78 trans am with a 400ci engine.... *drools* I'm a sucker for american muscle! Provides for good conversation between a coworker and myself (he too is a huge fan)

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
Wow, you guys make my car sound so boring lol. I drive a 2003 Malibu. I used to have to give people rides everywhere, so it became known as the MaliBus (though it was the Maliboom for a while when my exhaust line broke a few months ago).

pzychopopgroove

Wow, you guys make my car sound so boring lol. I drive a 2003 Malibu. I used to have to give people rides everywhere, so it became known as the MaliBus (though it was the Maliboom for a while when my exhaust line broke a few months ago).
Probably saves you money on gas right? The 400ci in the car in my above post is a 6.6L engine. very bad on gas.....

pzychopopgroove

Yeah, I'm a college student and have two jobs = too poor to buy an interesting car lol.
I'm in the same spot, minus the college student. Lol. My 05 was a hand me down that my father basically got handed to him by Saturn because they had a royal f*ck up and he got cut a check for the price of said Saturn and used it to pay for the Focus lol.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
I wanted to start a topic on cars but there's already one.

All hail the 2002 Dodge Durango R/T fully loaded with a 5.9L V8 engine, power seats, power windows, heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear climate control... oh, and chrome rims.

This is my baby.

I'm a Durango fan for life, I hate the 2nd generation look, but the facelift after 2005 and the 2009 Citadel/Crew edition doesn't look horrible, but if I had the choice, I'd get a 2012 R/T for the sexy facelift and black top edition, mmm.

GIMME GIMME GIMME

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
yeah, my new ride is hella specific.

I wanted a charger. But not only could I not find anything used to fit my budget, most of the dodge dealerships here are 80% ram, 15% work van, 5%other. I only saw two chargers and a dart between for dealerships. Although I'd love an interceptor, but my local guy didn't have anything under 150k miles.

Love the Durango. Loved the stealth. Dodge has my heart on designs for vehicles.

Bmw I prefer bikes to cars. So sweet.

TTGOz

"Suit"-able
yeah, my new ride is hella specific.

I wanted a charger. But not only could I not find anything used to fit my budget, most of the dodge dealerships here are 80% ram, 15% work van, 5%other. I only saw two chargers and a dart between for dealerships. Although I'd love an interceptor, but my local guy didn't have anything under 150k miles.

Love the Durango. Loved the stealth. Dodge has my heart on designs for vehicles.

Bmw I prefer bikes to cars. So sweet.
Me and @PaleIrishmen have been talking a lot about motorcycles lately, I would love to own a Harley 1200 or 883 and then straight pipe the hell out of it. I love Dodge cars, too.

Grew up with Dodge/Chrysler, only time my family has deviated was back when I wasn't even alive in 1997 and my dad got a 1995 Ford F150 XLT Eddie Bauer with a 5.0 V8(It's a 5 liter V8 can't remember what specifically it is) but the truck is in horrible condition.. rusty.. never gets driven.. lots of underlying issues with it I bet, she don't accelerate very fast and I think that might just be because it's an old truck but the pedal is so close to the floor it's hard to really punch it.

For a car I'd love a Challenger, even if it's just a V6, but I'm currently looking into the R/T version once it gets a bit more dated and cheaper, probably a 2011 or 2012 Challenger R/T would be great, but I'd be okay with a V6 for the looks of it and the even better price. After a stint trying to be a car sales man, I really fell in love with the new generation Impalas and Malibus with Chevrolet, Dodge doesn't have a lot of "daily driver" looking cars with the MPG to back it up and I just really like Impalas for some reason.

soyaxo

Human Bean
Going to get the starter in to my car tomorrow, so I can start driving it again. Feeling pretty excited to have it back and running again. We just replaced the battery, hubcaps, and soon will need new tires :(