Archived The day has come

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PM2NO

I have given Spot 16 years of my life but the last 9 months have been challenging. A lot of leadership changes and them questioning my decision making has led to me to this point. Today was my breaking point and decided to resign effective March 2. I don’t know where I’ll go from here but I know that I will be happy in the long term and start fresh.

The STL was actually respectful about the news as a good representation of the company and I was respectful about it as well. I have 3 years in this role so it markets good for a leadership or PMT like role.

Good Luck,I hope everything works out great for you,tough to have to make that decision after 16 years.

I was telling some more people today about my departure. Then my ETL got into the conversation about she’s sad our 9 year work relationship is ending since I worked with her in another store. Well she played a big role in my decision so you reap what you sew.

I was telling some more people today about my departure. Then my ETL got into the conversation about she’s sad our 9 year work relationship is ending since I worked with her in another store. Well she played a big role in my decision so you reap what you sew.
Just make sure to thank everyone for the opportunities you were given. Be humble, graceful and classy.

It’s always the guys who give a shit that end up getting pressured out. Apply to your local grocery chain for prop Managment. Most have work trucks and pay for licenses for electrical and refrigeration.

Then you’ll want to come back to Spot because you’ll have a 5-10 store route instead of one location haha good luck brotha, you’re a property manager not just a technician. Keep it that way on the resume. We delve into a lot of shit that’s actually illegal to touch in most states with out licenses so consider fire inspections and municipal building inspection gigs too since it already falls in to our PM scope.

It’s always the guys who give a shit that end up getting pressured out. Apply to your local grocery chain for prop Managment. Most have work trucks and pay for licenses for electrical and refrigeration.

Then you’ll want to come back to Spot because you’ll have a 5-10 store route instead of one location haha good luck brotha, you’re a property manager not just a technician. Keep it that way on the resume. We delve into a lot of shit that’s actually illegal to touch in most states with out licenses so consider fire inspections and municipal building inspection gigs too since it already falls in to our PM scope.
Oh yes I walk into many jobs with the PMT name and they have no idea what that means. Unless someone worked with Spot, they don’t know so I could call it a variety of things either PM, PMT or Senior TL based on the audience I’m targeting.

Thanks for the insight. I found out another PMT is gone too. Though I’m finishing out my two weeks.

The PMT just a couple miles away when I talked to him and let him know I put in my notice he didn’t mention anything. I think he may have walked out though. He did hint that he was ready to tell the PMBP to stick it up you know what.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HRZone @HRLady Question as far as remaining vacation. My last day is March 2 but since the paycheck period ends on March 10 is it still possible to claim a week of vacation for the week after my departure on eHR or would I have to get with HR to see if they can key in vacation hours?

@HRZone @HRLady Question as far as remaining vacation. My last day is March 2 but since the paycheck period ends on March 10 is it still possible to claim a week of vacation for the week after my departure on eHR or would I have to get with HR to see if they can key in vacation hours?

Vacation hours cannot be entered on any day that falls after your termination date (in your case, your term date will be the same as your last day worked which is 03/02). Partner with HR to see if you can get these vacation hours entered for previous weeks in which you worked less than your average hours.

Also, see post #18 in this thread to see if your state pays out accrued vacation time at the time of termination: How to use PH hours? - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/how-to-use-ph-hours.18630/. If your state is a pay out state, then you won't need to worry about anything.

What @HRLady said is spot on. I have also been known to key the termination a week later to let people use their remaining vacation if I like them :)

The only issue with keying it is previous weeks is sometimes you're using .5 hours at a time over multiple weeks.

I managed to get some time from previous vacations. I didn’t lose too many hours though. And some weeks where I didn’t truly hit 40, I went back and added time to those weeks. I think I’ve gotten more than enough benefits from Spot.

Initially it’s less pay hourly just because it’s a temporary job but I think if I go long term it will be either roughly the same or more than before. One thing about it, I don’t have to worry about going over my hours because I have the option to work more than 40 if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back