Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I wonder if they realize the teams that go through our stores have the keys to all the keepers/cases we are only stopping the small time people the professionals we are only slowing down. in fact their we probably selling the cases to some other mom and pop store.
At least at my store, we keeper them so we don't have to repackage everything when Karen rips the packaging apart so she can "try the case on". (As if a case made for her phone won't "fit")

I don't do SFS (yet anyway) so I don't understand how this figures in.
But, the product contained in the pharmacy repacks is the same kind of product it's always been - just a whole lot more of it. The product that came in case packs before still does. Could be different for other parts of the store though; it's been a while since I've pushed elsewhere.

Pharmacy? We call that stuff HBA at my store. It transitions soon (next week maybe?). That's why you are getting more of it.

Ah. Fond memories of the original cardboard amplified gifting ‘fixtures’. The large stuffed animal one survived 18 hours before falling victim to
Pharmacy? We call that stuff HBA at my store. It transitions soon (next week maybe?). That's why you are getting more of it.

I got 1 better we use both pharmacy and HBA and they mean different things at my store

I've taken to calling it pharmacy to separate it from beauty, which I no longer do. For back stock purposes, it's in pharm so it seems appropriate. It's mostly been reset already between last week and this. Might be completed since I was there for my last shift.
And yes, I was getting a pile of transition, but even before all of that product was coming in, I was still getting a lot more repacks than normal. I've been afraid that it's the new normal.

Since almost all I do is repacks, I guess I have to at least sort of like them. How they're sorted on the unload line now is monumentally stupid, but I still try to do a good job of it.
I push the pharmacy repacks and like pushing them for the most part. It is sort of refreshing though to push a u-boat of case packs - I can plow through it so quickly compared to a u-boat full of repacks!

How many repacks for pharmacy do you get on a typical truck?

How many repacks for pharmacy do you get on a typical truck?
Lately, it's been more like 14-17, with a couple of them being single-product cases with their own repack label. It'd be nice if it stays that way for a while. For what seems like a long stretch, it was more like 20-25 consistently and I was a little nuts over it. (That was before the spike with transition product.)
Back when I broke out all of HBA from pallets into carts, it was a heavy repack day to get 25 for both beauty and pharmacy together. Doesn't seem like it's different product, just more of all of it. Which would seem to mean that sales are up, so where are the hours?

Our AP has now decided that EVERY phone case and phone accessory now HAS to be keepered. Not breezing through those Zone 9 repacks. Oh, and AP thoughtfully ordered us multiple cases of keeper sizes we don't need to help us out.

I also have an over zealous Ap. Phone cases are also all over the base deck and planograms jammed because the planogram is not made to fit cases on pegs. Good times. Maybe I’ll share some pictures for amusement one day. 🙃

I'm sick of hearing, "This should take 3 hours to push,". Get that bullshit outta my face. Those numbers don't take into account all the little things. Sure, it'd take that long in an empty store. Guests make things so much harder.

No kidding! I had this issue the other day. Even with a scanner I couldnt get my u boat done, because we were slammed with people and they all seemed to want to be lead by thw hand or call their mother to see what she wants instead of what we dont have....etc.

No kidding! I had this issue the other day. Even with a scanner I couldnt get my u boat done, because we were slammed with people and they all seemed to want to be lead by thw hand or call their mother to see what she wants instead of what we dont have....etc.

Isn't this the whole point of moving people to when the people are shopping so we can help them? Management can hardly complain that you are actually helping guests WHEN THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING PEOPLE PUSH WHEN THE STORE IS BUSY.

What bullshig to say ..... it's all about the guest experience ... and then hold them to some imaginary and arbitrary time limit to push product.

Am I supposed to tell Erma that I'm under a time limit to push Depends as she's asking me for help? "Ma'am, I can help you for 1.4 minutes."

If I'm told my first priority is helping guests, that's what I'm doing. Everything else is secondary.

Can't have it both ways management. You can try.

So we were told today after we had a visit that are new unload goal is to be done in under 2hrs regardless of truck size so we can help push and zone.
This is with a 5tm inbound team on a good day that has to unload 7 trucks a week all over 2200 the rest of flow is general merchandise and can not be pulled for the unload

So we were told today after we had a visit that are new unload goal is to be done in under 2hrs regardless of truck size so we can help push and zone.
This is with a 5tm inbound team on a good day that has to unload 7 trucks a week all over 2200 the rest of flow is general merchandise and can not be pulled for the unload
quick way to get a mass exodus

reminds me of the old batman meme."some just wanna watch the world burn". wed get stuff done faster if you left us to either customer service OR freight. we cant do both, were not the flash.

Hmmm... so what about smart sort?

/rhetorical question.

It can be done.I get mine done in 90 minutes if it’s 25-2600 pieces and obviously faster for smaller trucks

Anyone successful with dedicated stockers? How are you scheduling people?
Pp1 comes in at 6 am with unload team , they do returns, pull thei manual and then work their freight from the line , also shoot an exf , and they have been able to set salesplaner with me helping doing their pulls . Pp2 comes at 10 by then i already pulled their manuals so they just go do returns , work their pulls and freight and zone and if they have salesplaners they get those too.

It can be done.I get mine done in 90 minutes if it’s 25-2600 pieces and obviously faster for smaller trucks

Interesting can you go over you inbound teams routine so i can see were mine can approve. Here is are routine right now.
3:30a- TL and line setter arrives and starts pulling vehicles to the floor for pp2 general merchandise to work on at 7am
4am- unload team arrives (3tms) and pushes pp2 vehicles to use for unload
4:30am- pp1 arrives 4tms
6am- unload starts
We have 3 tms on front of line and 1 on the back with 1 thrower in the truck.
If we dont have any vendors breaking the line or vehicle shortages then we can finish a 2200 by 7:45am but we do get lectured as a team by the LOD if we take longer then 8:30am so need to shave half a hour off are unload time but im not sure how

Most of unload is new because most of the team left and went to general merchandise after they were told they well never stay past 8:30 if they stayed on inbound

Last edited:
Interesting can you go over you inbound teams routine so i can see were mine can approve. Here is are routine right now.
3:30a- TL and line setter arrives and starts pulling vehicles to the floor for pp2 general merchandise to work on at 7am
4am- unload team arrives (3tms) and pushes pp2 vehicles to use for unload
4:30am- pp1 arrives 4tms
6am- unload starts
We have 3 tms on front of line and 1 on the back with 1 thrower in the truck.
If we dont have any vendors breaking the line or vehicle shortages then we can finish a 2200 by 7:45am but we do get lectured as a team by the LOD if we take longer then 8:30am so need to shave half a hour off are unload time but im not sure how

Most of unload is new because most of the team left and went to general merchandise after they were told they well never stay past 8:30 if they stayed on inbound
Do you have dbo’s? 5:30 I come in and the setter , except that when I leave at 2 the line is already set for the next day, so when I come in I acknowledge the truck and get the skate ready and all.6 am unload team comes , one thrower , one back of the line , one for the first block , one middle and one st the end for market. The back of the of the line is my pace setter . 6:30 am pp1 dbos comes , they pull their manual if we don’t have anything full for them yet. Unload gets done by 7:30 . 10 dbo’s for pp2 comes in . They pull their manuals and then works the freight off the line . My team unload team is scheduled only until 10. By 10 am pp1 is done and the unload team moves into pp2 . Keep in mind that my unload team is scheduled until 10 and except the bulk person.

Where in the world do people come up with these expectations.

In your case, that equates to unloading about 18 boxes a minute (2200 pcs./120 min.) or 1 box every .3 seconds (2200/7200). Your moving at that pace.

Now there are circumstances where you might be able to hit that rate for a period of time. But given the irregularities of the freight along with all of the other crap you deal with, you will not keep that pace or at the least repeat it with consistency.

Not to mention we don't offer enough in compensation to keep team members around long enough to work that hard.

Last edited:

How many throwers? Or rotations?

Your talking about 1 box on the line and taken off at .48 seconds/box rate. (2600 pieces/5400 seconds). Not saying it's not doable, but your going to wear down your people and increase the risk of injury.

Back