Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Is it just my store or is everyone struggling with hours this year like even more then it is normally this time of year.
Like were only getting the bare amount of tms to unload the truck and no pushers
And only 4hr shifts
Even are bulk /2nd receiver tm is only working 5 1/2 hrs a day now so nothing were back to improvising to stay somewhat caught up. Like we literally found a pallet of valentine that we just sort of lost in the sea of pallets
More salvage and go backs for the sweep, target logic at its finest.

I've never seen so much clearance at my store before now. But I'll grant that I've been here maybe 3, 4, 5 years? I forget. Not that long, overall.

We still have ugly bedsheets from Christmas that they're trying to hawk. Wonder how long before they go salvage.

What about Flow: The Patio Saga. So many fucking rugs and chairs
Not rugs they are carpets

613d46bc36966a8e5480860e626f59bc39561ca3d729b70bc740dcb5b94ee32b.jpg

got told last week that starting next week people who come 30 mins later after truck has a different task. Instead of pushing uboats we instead have to do exf/reshop/zone/pulls and if we still have, time push uboats from the truck. Lets see how it works im not against it but im just gonna do what im told and lets see how it works. I work 4 hours shifts and have a second job and cant stay longer to do more.

got told last week that starting next week people who come 30 mins later after truck has a different task. Instead of pushing uboats we instead have to do exf/reshop/zone/pulls and if we still have, time push uboats from the truck.

Like to seem them try that shit at my store. We have to pull backroom people from the backroom on bad days here, and the Flow TL is all the time doing stuff to help us out too--hell, we had to get a whole other team (softlines floor folk? I dunno. I never see them for more than a few seconds at a time) to put away stuff from the softlines repacks! We wouldn't have the time/man-hours to do this nonsense

Last edited:
Shit just 32? And i complained That I only got 550h for the next schedule .
My TL gets 7 hours unloading truck and the other one that subs him gets 8 and the 7 hour one works harder than the 8 hour one. I see the difference when he's there. And mostly truck is the same amount. Unless a double.

I have never seen anyone this stressed out besides Q4.
Literally it now feels like were never going to finish pushing with the hours we have.
Literally we had to skip autos yesterday because its was that or unload the truck .not enough hours for both which creates its own problems. I never seen my leaders almost breakdown or look like there about to cry all the time. Untill this process got rolled out and were the best store right now and other flow leaders go to are store to get ideas for there store all the time.so i cant even imagine how bad the other stores are

My flow team is on point with backstocking (due to past process changes) but the salesfloor team is k i l l i n g our location accuracy. Like, my ETL SF said right to my face his team has no clue what they're doing and then proceeded to still never train them. 😒 But then again, he ends up on the report too...

Newbie ETL after seeing me spend 1 hour in the backroom:
ETL: You need to show these guys how it's done.
Me: Give me a full time team and I can.
ETL: There's no reason they can't learn it while they're back here.
Me: I've been doing this since you were barely out of diapers and for several years, I was running the team. No one is going to get to that level on just 1 hour a day.
ETL: This is the new paradigm, everyone is expected to be good at everything.
Me: Did they not teach "specialization of labor" in economics?

Newbie ETL after seeing me spend 1 hour in the backroom:
ETL: You need to show these guys how it's done.
Me: Give me a full time team and I can.
ETL: There's no reason they can't learn it while they're back here.
Me: I've been doing this since you were barely out of diapers and for several years, I was running the team. No one is going to get to that level on just 1 hour a day.
ETL: This is the new paradigm, everyone is expected to be good at everything.
Me: Did they not teach "specialization of labor" in economics?
ETL: Figure it out.

😂😒

Yeah, I got told I should be training them too. No mention of how they expect me out by 9am every morning and they never have anyone from salesfloor there before 11...

Back