Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

truck TMs were supposed to leave and come back the next day, and if we didn't want to/couldn't come back the next day, we were supposed to just lose our hours.
That's just wrong. We haven't had this problem - yet, anyway - but with one of our trucks last week, it wasn't left for some weird reason and taken back to the warehouse. And we all got sent home. So far, my question about how we still get those hours hasn't been answered. It'll be interesting to see how this week goes. Some of us on truck have other commitments (I have other work) so it's not like all of us can just be there whenever.

So apparently in the *second* round of post New Year permanent hiring, they hired a dude who I’ve worked with at not one, not two, but 4 previous jobs, quite the impressive combo. I mean I like the guy but having to compete with him for those hours is depressing like two enslaved brothers fighting to the death in a Roman gladiator pit. Feels bad man.

The 1 time of year were the team goes from all being best friends to secretly hating the ones who got hours and everyone is working extra had and showing off do they have a better chance of being kept for the day versus being sent home at break

Shout out to my ETL
He told us that he will not be hiring anymore new flow tms unless had has to to replace people moving or leaving. He said he would rather give any extra hours he has to the team because he told us that he told the stl that he can get alot more done extending 3 tms of his star group for 8hr shifts that are fast and dont need to be watched vs hiring 3 new tms for 4hr shifts at 7am that have to watched and given tasks the whole day.

Our power went out for about 45 minutes today before open and holy shit this store is darker than the depths of Tartarus without lights. ETL-log told everybody to stop what they were doing and sit down and chill, over the walkie “no fucking working because you might get hurt and we don’t have any lanterns.” So after 45 minutes of being in total fucking darkness your eyes will adjust if there’s any light at all, but nope still nothing after almost an hour. Yikes.

So true i used to be able to do so much in a full day now its like unload truck
Push 2 vehicles and make the daily bale and boom time to go home and theres like 20 u-boats left

Minus doing the bale and unload and that's my day basically. Sometimes I'll do 5 uboats, but it's usually 3 or 4 because of how damn many guests are around during the day. Someone wants help or needs to get by you, or there's a huge line to the baler and it takes 10 minutes to get your cardboard in it...if we were still at 4 am this would not be such an issue.

And for gods sake someone please tell the TLs and above that you can't keep the uboat up your ass at all times

Last edited:
Our power went out for about 45 minutes today before open and holy shit this store is darker than the depths of Tartarus without lights. ETL-log told everybody to stop what they were doing and sit down and chill, over the walkie “no fucking working because you might get hurt and we don’t have any lanterns.” So after 45 minutes of being in total fucking darkness your eyes will adjust if there’s any light at all, but nope still nothing after almost an hour. Yikes.
We have a backup generator that kicks in within seconds of a power outage.

So a friend of mine I met online a few years ago just got hired on flow at a Target in Wisconsin and he’s stoked because he knows what to expect thanks to me (—> thanks to TBR) and the ETL he talked to told him they’ve got hours for days. Unfortunately I forgot to mention that Wisconsin is dangerously close to Minnesota and the dread Barad-dûr of Mount Doom. Suits and blazers will be popping in every fuckin week and everybody will be wanting to die all day so rip in pieces homie, it was nice knowing ya

Also good motherfucking evening ladies and gents on the midnight grind, I’m about to start an O V E R N I G H T shift for POG here in a couple hours. I hope this wasn’t approved by corporate so they can seethe while I yeet. Anyways, let’s get this bread while the normies are in bed

Back