Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Has anyone else been getting more trucks than usual but they are tiny af? Like the past 2 weeks we've gotten 6 trucks (as opposed to 4 being our normal non 4th quarter load) but the biggest one has been 1600 and we've gotten like 6 trucks 1000 or smaller. And it's not like they're covered with pallets either, they are just literally sending us trailers that are half empty already. Lots of transition too, barely any new product to push right away and we still can't get them done because of lack of hours.

Did anyone else get a ton of those Threshold cube organizers that came in looking like they got chewed on by Balerion? I've seen scruffed/ripped corners but to have half of the box torn off and the crushed shelf pieces sliding out as it rolls on the rollers is something else

Did anyone else get a ton of those Threshold cube organizers that came in looking like they got chewed on by Balerion? I've seen scruffed/ripped corners but to have half of the box torn off and the crushed shelf pieces sliding out as it rolls on the rollers is something else

I have been getting loose product's and torn apart boxes this whole week

Well I have a 1200
That’s gotta be just for the unload. People stocking should be scheduled in Hardlines.

Which is only enough for thrower and 4 sorters.

Now I need 2 pp1, 2 hba repack pushers, and 2 Softlines sorters.

2-3 PP2 (the ones under hardlines hours) come in after 8.

Now this lineup works on maybe 1800 pieces. It also depends on how much repacks we get (we always slow down if repacks are over 150)

Been working at Target for a year and a half now. We’re a VERY high volume store. 2 trucks per night (with one three-truck-night per week) and 3 per night during fourth quarter and back to school.

We do a lot of things that I’ve since learned from friends who work at lower volume stores were phased out due to modernization (10PM-7AM shifts with 40 hour weeks, bowling, cardboard cages etc).

Our store is next for remodel, and I’m pretty goddamn worried that modernization will finally hit us in the face.

Been working at Target for a year and a half now. We’re a VERY high volume store. 2 trucks per night (with one three-truck-night per week) and 3 per night during fourth quarter and back to school.

We do a lot of things that I’ve since learned from friends who work at lower volume stores were phased out due to modernization (10PM-7AM shifts with 40 hour weeks, bowling, cardboard cages etc).

Our store is next for remodel, and I’m pretty goddamn worried that modernization will finally hit us in the face.

Yeahhhh enjoy it while it lasts bruh, you’ll be on those 12 hour weeks just in time for back to school

Anyone elses store go right back to bowling and waving as soon as hours got cut back
Because my store did as soon as January started and the stl and dtl are perfectly fine with it untill hours go back up then we have to go back to the new processe.
Because its impossible to unload and push a truck with 10tms only scheduled 4hrs + TL
I mean are TL really tries to work push all day but there only so much he can do by himself

Anyone elses store go right back to bowling and waving as soon as hours got cut back
Because my store did as soon as January started and the stl and dtl are perfectly fine with it untill hours go back up then we have to go back to the new processe.
Because its impossible to unload and push a truck with 10tms only scheduled 4hrs + TL
I mean are TL really tries to work push all day but there only so much he can do by himself

Definitely not my store. They've gotten much more strict about the new process. The magical thinking is that if the new process is followed precisely, then everything will get done faster so fewer hours doesn't matter. Of course, in reality it doesn't work so TMs not part of the new unload/push process get called in regularly to clean things up "while we work out the kinks." Keeps my hours up so I can only complain so much, but it doesn't seem like a great way to run a store.

I like when the stl is like why are you guys so far behind on push and were like cause we get 7 trucks a week around 1700-2200 and were only allowed to have enough hours for 4 unloaders and 3pushers plus 2 backroom tms a day right now and your making us push softlines and parts of p-fresh along with are normal push plus were dealing with storing easter

Is it just my store or is everyone struggling with hours this year like even more then it is normally this time of year.
Like were only getting the bare amount of tms to unload the truck and no pushers
And only 4hr shifts
Even are bulk /2nd receiver tm is only working 5 1/2 hrs a day now so nothing were back to improvising to stay somewhat caught up. Like we literally found a pallet of valentine that we just sort of lost in the sea of pallets

God bless you flow idiots who have learned to backstock. I swear I'm trying to make the other few BR jackassess appreciate yall.
My flow team is on point with backstocking (due to past process changes) but the salesfloor team is k i l l i n g our location accuracy. Like, my ETL SF said right to my face his team has no clue what they're doing and then proceeded to still never train them. 😒 But then again, he ends up on the report too...

Back