Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I hope I’m wrong. I really do but my experience was the start time gets later and later. Experienced tms will have to leave or be leveraged out. They will be replaced with newbies- not fit and no experience. You will have roughly one third of the team to unload, stock, backstock work outs etc and about 5 hours to do it.
5 hours? Most of our flow team is scheduled 3 or 4 hours. They're expected to unload, push, zone, and backstock. Fucking hilarious expectations. A few have quit recently with no notice and I'm sure more will follow when they start coming in at 6am instead of 4am.

5 hours? Most of our flow team is scheduled 3 or 4 hours. They're expected to unload, push, zone, and backstock. Fucking hilarious expectations. A few have quit recently with no notice and I'm sure more will follow when they start coming in at 6am instead of 4am.
They've added the audit, move, strays and backup. Salesplanners for some. Supposedly done away with price change and pog. This is what the former flow team do now.

I forgot to add that they don't allow them to take 15 minutes breaks even if they are scheduled 4 hours.

Some dont because 4 hr shift. But your more productive members may work longer on truck days and supposed do the tasks. A few who work non truck days have to do tasks in areas other than their own.

But Target has those "high standards" of no pallets, cages out when the store opens.
Not at my store. Pallets aren't on the floor so much after opening, but cages are. And some of the areas that don't have cages have trash just on the floor - near an end-cap, maybe, or just in the aisle. Guests just love steering their carts around random piles of falling-over cardboard, don'tcha know. Sometimes, I'm embarrassed to work there.

I forgot to add that they don't allow them to take 15 minutes breaks even if they are scheduled 4 hours.
Is this even legal in your state? In my state, a 4-hour shift comes with a 15-minute paid break. (Which is moot for most of us, since we're scheduled for only 3 or 3 1/2 hours these days.)

^ I unpack H&B repacks every truck and I sort them by what goes in which aisles. Before I got that task, whoever did it just dumped out the boxes into carts and they were a bitch to push. Our flow TL tried to make me do the same thing and I refused. It honestly does not take me any longer to organize them that way, and back when other flow TMs helped push H&B, everyone liked the way I did that because it made pushing those carts more efficient. Now with beauty being a "specialty area" they take the makeup, hair, and skin products, and I push the rest of H&B myself.
The TMs who unpack the domestics and other hardlines repacks also sort them.

^ I unpack H&B repacks every truck and I sort them by what goes in which aisles. Before I got that task, whoever did it just dumped out the boxes into carts and they were a bitch to push. Our flow TL tried to make me do the same thing and I refused. It honestly does not take me any longer to organize them that way, and back when other flow TMs helped push H&B, everyone liked the way I did that because it made pushing those carts more efficient. Now with beauty being a "specialty area" they take the makeup, hair, and skin products, and I push the rest of H&B myself.
The TMs who unpack the domestics and other hardlines repacks also sort them.
They’re not sorted by aisle at the dc? We were told that would be sop. Eaches. In repacks. No case freight. No backstock. The rest of this post is incredibly sarcastic and probably not helpful. Hang in there tms it’s going to be a rockety ride.

Right now I’m trying to figure out how in the hell I can push these trucks with limited hours they give me. I have to use every TM I have and that means I, the TL, have to help bowl A&B (Chemicals, HBA, Office/Stat/Home) and Paper, push with the team, do 9 bins of overflowing trash, and then the damages.

I have to pray to Bullseye that I get no callouts.

But hey, since everyone’s getting paid $12, does that mean I can use any TM in the store to push?

Going to be fun with three 2000+ back to back

They’re not sorted by aisle at the dc? We were told that would be sop. Eaches. In repacks. No case freight. No backstock. The rest of this post is incredibly sarcastic and probably not helpful. Hang in there tms it’s going to be a rockety ride.
I think we're supposed to start getting trucks that are more like you've described, but I have no idea when that's supposed to happen. It would be kind of nice, cause some of our repacks from the DC are either consistently mislabeled or we have several boxes on each truck that have products from mixed areas in them. It's been that way for years.

The 3tier carts or shopping carts?

I honestly don't believe for a minute that the DC modernization thing will stick. If you've been in a DC (and I know people who have) they're fucking massive Pentagon sized buildings that would require a total wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling remodel for the new process to even be possible. In the modernization videos I've seen posted on TBR it's obvious that they staged the whole video in a regular store while it was closed overnight and the vehicles they pulled from the "truck" were just that day's backstock that they wrapped and loaded into a sweep trailer as props before rolling the cameras.

We'll probably end up with some weird deal where flow is kept on but title changed to "merchandise replenishment advocates" and the schedule is staggered so that truck push takes place from open to close to avoid any one TM working more than 3 hours.

Some dont because 4 hr shift. But your more productive members may work longer on truck days and supposed do the tasks. A few who work non truck days have to do tasks in areas other than their own.
Work longer? That's not an option and no flow team members work nontruck days at my store. Lol. Oh well.

I honestly don't believe for a minute that the DC modernization thing will stick. If you've been in a DC (and I know people who have) they're fucking massive Pentagon sized buildings that would require a total wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling remodel for the new process to even be possible. In the modernization videos I've seen posted on TBR it's obvious that they staged the whole video in a regular store while it was closed overnight and the vehicles they pulled from the "truck" were just that day's backstock that they wrapped and loaded into a sweep trailer as props before rolling the cameras.

We'll probably end up with some weird deal where flow is kept on but title changed to "merchandise replenishment advocates" and the schedule is staggered so that truck push takes place from open to close to avoid any one TM working more than 3 hours.
This sounds about right.

I’m thinking doing the same thing. With the hours they give me for Flow I must as well let them know Hardlines need to start pushing the autofills on non truck days.

I might as well also suggest Softlines need to start breaking their own repacks because I don’t have the time for my 3 TMs waste their time sorting out all the repacks

Back