Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Hope spot is paying attention to how much the stores are hurting this year and fixes it
Thanks to the new unload we have been forced to us P-fresh pallets because of the lack of normal wood/plastic pallets and vehicles in general because according to the STL we must start the unload no later then 5:30am (were a 4am store)regardless of how many vehicles we need to properly set the line.

Hope spot is paying attention to how much the stores are hurting this year and fixes it
Thanks to the new unload we have been forced to us P-fresh pallets because of the lack of normal wood/plastic pallets and vehicles in general because according to the STL we must start the unload no later then 5:30am (were a 4am store)regardless of how many vehicles we need to properly set the line.
SFS is using alot of pallets

You know how they'll fix it after Christmas? By cutting hours. That ALWAYS fixes everything.

Adding a truck? Cut hours.

Pog behind? Cut hours.

Pricing behind with 50 batches to be pulled? Cut hours.

I'm willing to give the DC the benefit of the doubt and figure y'all hire seasonal TMs too. Which would explain the really wacky boxes I've been opening lately. A 4 that has everything except kitchen & pets in it. (And it wasn't just one box marked wrong - it was a whole bunch of them.) A green repack with a can of hair spray and nothing else. Repacks with 3 numbers circled - take our pick?
I've given up on the idea that beauty would be kept separate from health care a long time ago. Even the idea that stationery and HBA and electronics would be kept separate. But wow, has it been bonkers just lately.

I think I've opened at least a dozen security repacks this month filled with beauty and hba with maybe a couple of actual zone 9 items thrown in.

Mix that in with a couple of missing iPhone XSes leads to a very cranky APL.

Okay, but peanut butter in a softlines repack?? How does that make sense to anyone? Electronicswith HBA and Beauty is weird too. I just don't get what's so difficult about it. How high is their turnover rate that it happens this often? Because this isn't just a seasonal issue at my store.

pb or market pantry sparkling water in my sl repacks used to be an almost every day thing bc the casepack would rip during the unload and the guys in the truck would just toss them in untaped repacks. little cans of olives or cat food too.

So my store announced were going through with the next steps for end to end during the holidays instead of waiting for January
I was thinking why the fuck are we doing huge changes during the most stressful and demanding time of year.
My ETL and TL have had visible break downs already in veiw of the team
The flow captain has been in tears every day and are unload captain is always pissed every day the unload takes more then 4hrs because he gets stressed to make it happen in under 4hrs with 5 people.
1 team 1 dream is dead as far i am concerned
Yet when I get a breakdown, they don't give a shit. At least your ETLs TLs captains are human and have feelings. It's not that someone is "upset" when they are in tears. They are stressed and get way too much pressure. In an engine, when the cooling system fails, it overheats, steam comes out, head gasket fails. In a TM, same shit.

Double trucks with this new process is stupid. It's so dumb you just want to laugh at the stupidity of who ever came up with overhauling logisitics. You know they are laughing all the way out the door with their golden parachute after the company goes belly up.
Probably some college grad who never worked logistics decides fresh outta college to shake things up. Because now I got all the intelligence, let's get rid of the old school process and do it my way since I don't like to get up early and I love to party all night long, we're getting rid of overnite and early birds.

Probably some college grad who never worked logistics decides fresh outta college to shake things up. Because now I got all the intelligence, let's get rid of the old school process and do it my way since I don't like to get up early and I love to party all night long, we're getting rid of overnite and early birds.
I still scan my double trucks .

(wistful harmonica) I remember when we came in early and finished clean. Store opened and there were full shelves, cardboard all baled. People who worked the post-open pulls greeted regular guests. All was right w the Target world.
I miss those days 😭...and it was only a few months ago. My life was less miserable.

This is by far the worst day before Thanksgiving I've ever seen. We took a double truck, and there are pallets from the fitting room to toys. Plus there are no uboats to work my huge fresh truck. We're not even doing pulls because the batches are over 1000 for most areas. And we were clean last night.

I have 7 people in dry market today and we might just barely get freight done. And 2 in dairy/freezer. Same there. I keep a clean freezer, but it's packed to the door with freight. We had to break the gm line to unload our food truck.

This year is a shit show to say the least.

And this is my last fucking week with the clusterfuck that is inbound!!! No more softlines sort for me!! Just salesfloor 😄😄
I'm sorry, I love y'all, but an issue with another TM escalated to the point where I had to have my ETL-log take me off truck. Was upset at first, then pissed, but now I'm honestly relieved.

This is by far the worst day before Thanksgiving I've ever seen. We took a double truck, and there are pallets from the fitting room to toys. Plus there are no uboats to work my huge fresh truck. We're not even doing pulls because the batches are over 1000 for most areas. And we were clean last night.

I have 7 people in dry market today and we might just barely get freight done. And 2 in dairy/freezer. Same there. I keep a clean freezer, but it's packed to the door with freight. We had to break the gm line to unload our food truck.

This year is a shit show to say the least.
I have over 200 pallets just at the off-site

Today a driver showed up trying to take one of our two filled trucks (he thought it was empty) and drop off another one. We came THIS close to my first ever triple.
And the fdc truck showed up this was my store today triple plus food truck.
We started at 10:30 pm Tuesday to unload second truck from Tuesday. Then unload 1st truck for Wednesday at 3 am then 2nd unload at 6 am. And fdc shows up at 7:30.
Are we a truck stop or what.

Last edited:
Back