Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

I’m writing this with a heavy heart as it seems our ETL-log has been got at. He’s always done his own thing more or less, and I’m guessing the infernal powers that be finally noticed and gave him some kind of ultimatum. Toe the line or that schmoney we’re paying you goes poof. He obviously chose the schmoney as any sane man would, but it still hurts. :(

Before this he was letting me use our one officially remaining trash cage to push rugs, since they roll off of any other vehicle, but yesterday he flipped out when he saw me loading them up. Literally looking over his shoulder in a panic. I dryly observed that I didn’t see our DTL anywhere at the moment unless she was going to pop out of a repack or something. Fuckin yikes.

I’m writing this with a heavy heart as it seems our ETL-log has been got at. He’s always done his own thing more or less, and I’m guessing the infernal powers that be finally noticed and gave him some kind of ultimatum. Toe the line or that schmoney we’re paying you goes poof. He obviously chose the schmoney as any sane man would, but it still hurts. :(

Before this he was letting me use our one officially remaining trash cage to push rugs, since they roll off of any other vehicle, but yesterday he flipped out when he saw me loading them up. Literally looking over his shoulder in a panic. I dryly observed that I didn’t see our DTL anywhere at the moment unless she was going to pop out of a repack or something. Fuckin yikes.
That sucks. It's like they're trying to make it harder on us.

Given the bonuses that ETLs get... my sympathy factor for any of them is pretty much nil.

Given the bonuses that ETLs get... my sympathy factor for any of them is pretty much nil.

Same, but I make an exception for this guy because he's a teetotaler (no Koolaid ever).

In other news our shitty line rollers were kinda sorta fixed by our PMT the other day, so now they're really shitty instead of extra shitty. Yeet I guess.

Well folks now that I think about it this Q4 so far has been much smoother than last year, all things considered. Back in July they said in a huddle that we’d be going back to E2E starting in October but it’s now December and nothing. Lmao. Guess they didn’t feel like it would be a good time for ~80% BRLA and a backroom that looks like a 9.0 earthquake hit it. Also, ETL-log has been coming in before close including on his days off to straighten receiving and set the line, so we can actually get through the aisles during the unload. YUGE! And finally, they did a much better job with the seasonal hires this time around so we actually have help. Well, sorta...read on.

The main bitch I have right now aside from the uboats is the staggered flow schedule. There are now several days a week where we only have one thrower and it makes the unload take 500 more minutes than it needs to. The unload used to be decent most days but now it’s pretty consistently awful and tedious. Big trucks hurt a lot more than they once did, even with more flow TMs. reeee.

Can anyone please explain why it is necessary for us to get so many of the same toys on every truck when only 2 fit in the sales floor location? Yes I know SFS and OPU will need them as well as guests in the store but we get a truck every day. By the time our unload is done we only get to push the many, many toys and totally ignore seasonal and our A push. Nevermind that the toys we send back for backstock will sit their for days before the backroom team has time to deal with them and then SFS can't find them anyway

Anyone find black Friday stuff still in their backroom that should have been out Thursday???
Our brilliant softlines team followed the "no more than 2 of each size" rule for their 2-day sale items, so now we have tons of items that were specifically for Black Friday that's just going to chill in the backroom until the end of time. I found a ton of the $7 flannel shirts that now ring up as $19.99 since they have the same DPCI as Goodfellow, but are much lower quality so nobody will ever buy them, and we have tons of those $1 touchscreen gloves because they never got pushed at all.

Our brilliant softlines team followed the "no more than 2 of each size" rule for their 2-day sale items, so now we have tons of items that were specifically for Black Friday that's just going to chill in the backroom until the end of time. I found a ton of the $7 flannel shirts that now ring up as $19.99 since they have the same DPCI as Goodfellow, but are much lower quality so nobody will ever buy them, and we have tons of those $1 touchscreen gloves because they never got pushed at all.

Those gloves for every one kids, adults are chilling in repacks in the backroom, we stowed them in repacks so when we get orders we can actually find them. Unlike all the PJ's which are just everywhere but where the are supposed to be which is on the floor or backstocked. I am thinking of doing the same thing for the PJ's I find just taking a repack and throwing them all in there so we at least can find them. Cause softlines as been so fucking horrible at doing anything.

I found a Halloween hat in my softlines backroom area on Friday. It was a seasonal department item...so yeah.

Today was the worst so far had a double yesterday that was unloaded but not pushed and we had another double today that was kinda pushed but we ran out of time
And to make things worse we had a visit and no more OT so yeah we basically rolled over 4trucks in 2 days and we had to cancel tommarows truck because theres zero space or vehicles or pallets.
We cant even get to parts of the receiving because of the huge walls of pallets and did i mention we dont have a ETL right now because they couldn't handle Q4 and left the company after black Friday

Today was the worst so far had a double yesterday that was unloaded but not pushed and we had another double today that was kinda pushed but we ran out of time
And to make things worse we had a visit and no more OT so yeah we basically rolled over 4trucks in 2 days and we had to cancel tommarows truck because theres zero space or vehicles or pallets.
We cant even get to parts of the receiving because of the huge walls of pallets and did i mention we dont have a ETL right now because they couldn't handle Q4 and left the company after black Friday
How about 7 doubles every week since November 10 th and cannot cancel any of them. It’s a shit show st my store back room and sales floor

I hear our store is cutting hours the week of Christmas cause of over spending on hours already this month. Wtf it’s 4 th quarter till end of January

And dry grocery is hurting when you pull 2 team members every day to push toys and seasonal for 8 hours.

Our store made 4 bales in 8 hours on Friday.
I made 2 of them myself

Last edited:
I hear our store is cutting hours the week of Christmas cause of over spending on hours already this month. Wtf it’s 4 th quarter till end of January

And dry grocery is hurting when you pull 2 team members every day to push toys and seasonal for 8 hours.

Our store made 4 bales in 8 hours on Friday.
I made 2 of them myself

That was what it was like for me after black Friday. For some reason i am the only one in logistics right now who can make a bale so i spent almost my entire shift making bales from all the cardboard and black fri. Shippers. I think i made like 6 in 8hrs

Back