Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Or you do like store get the DTL to shut down SFS/OPU and use those people to make up for everything.. I was told to not cross-clock to flow hours when I have pushed truck for my entire shift.. Umm well I am using fulfillment hours for your truck push.. I want it documented where our hours went.

My DTL apparently moved and now lives like 15 minutes away from my store. She's been there like 8 times in the past 2 weeks so maybe (hopefully?) that means my STL's days are numbered. Things have gotten so much worse recently as we've kept getting added trucks and are getting worse and worse at finishing them. Like 60% of our push time is spent in Toys and there are just aisles upon aisles that are empty as we struggle to stay stocked. We have scheduled trucks like this past Sunday where they only scheduled 3 people for the line and 1 unloader, which made me have to stay in the trailer in sub 20 degree weather for 4 hours for only a 1700 truck. The only thing I like about this process is that we are so behind and they are so desperate that I have been getting 50+ hours the past month which is going to help when they thank us for working our asses off all 4th quarter by giving us only 12 hours a week next month.

Double today cancelled. Couldn't fill. Blessing! Hammer came down today for flow/inbound. No more ot, no extra days, no staying late. Must work you exact schedule as posted on wall. I am so glad I left when I did. With new DTL it has only gotten worse. Love shopping there and chatting up my leaders. They are ALL sad but trying to push thru. Thankfully I didn't have to!

Here too. I seriously think we have a potential safety hazard with the way we have to stack things so high and so close together. There have been times when it seems that if there was a reason to evacuate the backroom quickly, the TMs who break out soft lines might not get out.

We've had injuries already AND Osha fines. Ridiculous

I haven't personally counted, but our overnight flow ETL says that there are over 200 pallets of back stock floating around my store and outside container storage. They are cramming pallets anywhere they can because they don't fit in the backroom: 8ish pallets behind the deli/bakery, 16 in produce ambient room, 10 INSIDE the meat cooler, etc. There is literally NO more space and we are continuing to get double trucks every night.

To help, lets cut hours! Great thinking!

We managed to come clean with truck push today for the first time in about 3 weeks. It just required having flow come in at 4am, putting everything on pallets and bowling that shit out. Hmmmmm....kinda makes you think.
When Modernization first hit, management was completely against bowling out freight and using shopping carts to sort repacks even before the store was open. Now they're like bowl that crap out and go grab those carts. Shits gotta get done!

It's far more efficient than the current process.

I thinking the same thing
When we ran out of vehicles after rolling over to many trucks. My store canceled one of are truck days so we could catch up.
And we just said fuck it and bowled everything out and waved and what would of taken almost 2 days to finish with day stocking off vehicles. Only took us about 4hrs to do before the store opened.
Its gotta be cheaper overall even with the night pay to have a small overnight team do the bulk of the logistics process for 4hrs and only have like 3tm stay 8hrs to finish up and clean . Then to have 18tms stay full days and still not make a dent in the push

It's far more efficient than the current process.
Except efficiency (bowling the boxes, pushing truck before the store opens, etc.) is NOT what they're after. Totally doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know.
Sorting the repacks on the line absolutely stinks. I've sorted the repacks in a number of different configurations in the time I've worked at Spot and this is the worst. By a lot. When the DC just puts "RR" on practically every one of them, it's just that much worse. And it already was pretty bad.

My store got approved for overnights this entire week since we missed sales by, to quote my eloquent ETL, "massive shitload of money" the past couple of weeks and they finally realized that we can't sell shit when all of the shelves are empty. I'm also scheduled into overtime next week, which, according to a TL that has been at my store forever has literally never happened in the last 20 years at my store. None of this will last into the new year, but I'm going to enjoy stocking without guests and a ton of hours while I can.

Last edited:
My store got approved for overnights this entire week since we missed sales by a quote from my ETL "massive shitload of money" the past couple of weeks and they finally realized that we can't sell shit when all of the shelves are empty. I'm also scheduled into overtime next week, which, according to a TL that has been at my store forever has literally never happened in the last 20 years at my store. None of this will last into the new year, but I'm going to enjoy stocking without guests and a ton of hours while I can.

HELL yeah that’s whassup! When y’all in bed, we getting this bread!

The flow mascot should be a white owl with a bullseye on one eye. Hoot hoot bitches!

We managed to come clean with truck push today for the first time in about 3 weeks. It just required having flow come in at 4am, putting everything on pallets and bowling that shit out. Hmmmmm....kinda makes you think.

We started coming in at 4am this week too and bowling when needed. First day was funny Flow TL said to bowl boxes off the u-boats because we needed empty ones for the truck unload. At this point our sales are off too, considering this time of year we should be doing great but we are barely making sales. We are finally catching up to stocking the full truck but backstock is still behind a little.

We started coming in at 4am this week too and bowling when needed. First day was funny Flow TL said to bowl boxes off the u-boats because we needed empty ones for the truck unload. At this point our sales are off too, considering this time of year we should be doing great but we are barely making sales. We are finally catching up to stocking the full truck but backstock is still behind a little.

Our toy backstock is so far behind that we're just reworking it to the floor whenever we get a chance. All of flow and most of hardlines pushes toys first. Then, we toys TMs do the pulls and rework old backstock. About 60% of it ends up going out.

Back