Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

Anybody elses flow team just moral dead right now like they just dont give a shit anymore
Like i know there hard workers because i know them and every now and then they go back to there old selfs then they get there ass kicked by the truck and boom back to being disgruntled

you schedule people twenty hours or less a week what do you expect? and yet there are sales floor people complaining they only have 32 hours on the newest posted schedule? the company is lucky that the flow teams in their stores don't rise up.

you schedule people twenty hours or less a week what do you expect? and yet there are sales floor people complaining they only have 32 hours on the newest posted schedule? the company is lucky that the flow teams in their stores don't rise up.
Three people on my team have over 20 hours. The rest of us have less than 16. Five of us have 5 or 6 hours. Salesfloor doesn't have any more than flow does. At least there are 3 trucks a week. I got more shifts when I was on flow and I left flow because of the hours.

Three people on my team have over 20 hours. The rest of us have less than 16. Five of us have 5 or 6 hours. Salesfloor doesn't have any more than flow does. At least there are 3 trucks a week. I got more shifts when I was on flow and I left flow because of the hours.

That's my store in a nutshell. No hours for flow or salesfloor. Shockingly, we aren't getting anything done. We finished pushing yesterday's truck at 5pm today. We're not even halfway through stocking the seasonal reset. Pulls aren't getting done. Zones are a complete mess. Toys gets reset this week. I wonder when that'll get stocked...?At least I got more hours though. Started with 16 scheduled, but I'm up to 27 now for this week by picking a shift up on swap and being around to have my ETL ask to come in tomorrow to help. Hopefully, the rest of my team will find some hours and we can get stuff done that needs doing.

That's my store in a nutshell. No hours for flow or salesfloor. Shockingly, we aren't getting anything done. We finished pushing yesterday's truck at 5pm today. We're not even halfway through stocking the seasonal reset. Pulls aren't getting done. Zones are a complete mess. Toys gets reset this week. I wonder when that'll get stocked...?At least I got more hours though. Started with 16 scheduled, but I'm up to 27 now for this week by picking a shift up on swap and being around to have my ETL ask to come in tomorrow to help. Hopefully, the rest of my team will find some hours and we can get stuff done that needs doing.
We didn't have the softlines workload done on Friday evening when I left either, and most of us had decent hours last week. I can't wait to see how behind we get next week.

I can tell they’ve destroyed both staffing and hours for flow at my store because I’ve come in a few times since the holidays and just was told to do truck that didn’t get done. With so many guests recently complaining about empty shelves you’d think they’d care a bit more about flow being able to get stuff done. But what do we know? Doesn’t help that they seem to be getting rid of our flow lifers and replacing them with people who want to chat all day, leave massive defective items in the middle of aisles, and get uboats done at a snail’s pace.

They expect me to get these trucks 100% clean everyday but drastically cut my team’s hours. Normally I have 20+ TMs but now less than 15 TMs on truck days. I have to add people daily
Our flow team only has 8 people scheduled per truck and that includes the TL. They are scheduled for 4 hours and the TL gets 8. After pushing leftover freight they unload and then maybe push for a bit before leaving. Needless to say our trucks do not get done.

Almost back to regular truck sizes and we're back to regular number of trucks, but right, cut hours means the truck still doesn't get finished. I was told to leave at my scheduled out time, despite having 2 very full u-boats still to push in my area. Guess what was still there 2 - that's right, 2 - days later when I came in for the next truck day? Moms are wanting to buy cough syrup for their sick kids and they're going to head over to Wal-Mart because our shelves aren't stocked. Sales floor TMs obviously aren't getting it done; let those of us who know how to do it quickly and correctly stick around and do our jobs. Fortunately, the truck on that second day was small and very light for my area AND my TL asked me to stay late - lo and behold, it all got done. It was a miracle, I'm telling you, a miracle!

Almost back to regular truck sizes and we're back to regular number of trucks, but right, cut hours means the truck still doesn't get finished. I was told to leave at my scheduled out time, despite having 2 very full u-boats still to push in my area. Guess what was still there 2 - that's right, 2 - days later when I came in for the next truck day? Moms are wanting to buy cough syrup for their sick kids and they're going to head over to Wal-Mart because our shelves aren't stocked. Sales floor TMs obviously aren't getting it done; let those of us who know how to do it quickly and correctly stick around and do our jobs. Fortunately, the truck on that second day was small and very light for my area AND my TL asked me to stay late - lo and behold, it all got done. It was a miracle, I'm telling you, a miracle!

If your store is like mine, it's all about the lack of hours. Salesfloor isn't being given the hours to do our stuff so we don't have the time to pick up the leftover truck that results from flow not getting enough hours. I walked into my last shift to learn that no one had been there all day before me to do pulls and no one would be coming in after me to do them. I needed to do them all or at least as many as I could do. Not just for one section. For all non-specialized hardlines except toys because toys are being left until the transition is finished. So, that was the pulls from chemicals, paper, plastics, pets, stationary, kitchen, small appliances, vacuums, home furnishing, HIPA, domestics, lamps, diapers, and sporting goods. I was supposed to do all of that while doing guest service too. It's amazing how many guests manage to find you when you're the only person working on the floor. I got the majority of it done and probably would have finished it if they had given me an 8 hour shift to do it. But, nope, it was a 5 hour shift. I'm fast. I get tasked to do this stuff because I can push as fast as our veteran flow trainers. I'm not superhuman though. I'm not that fast. So, yeah, I know there were still vehicles left from the truck that were work back there. But, since they aren't giving me or flow the hours to work them, they'll just have to sit there unpushed.

I love how much pain im in now thanks to being flow teams only thrower because i sure to like throwing 2 trucks at a time during the holidays and 6 trucks a week during the normal time of year and spending 4+ hrs by myself throwing for the same pay as the autofill pusher on my team

I'm so scared I'm going to be the only unloader at my store soon. Our normal unloader was on a vacation for a couple of weeks but was scheduled back in this week and has NCNS twice and our only other unloader is just here during his college break for a couple of weeks. Idk if I can handle it physically tbh, I've only unloaded 3 trucks a week once, and usually I only unloaded once a week. I had to unload on Monday and my back is still barking from that. Idk if I'd hold up having to unload 5 times a week.

I love how much pain im in now thanks to being flow teams only thrower because i sure to like throwing 2 trucks at a time during the holidays and 6 trucks a week during the normal time of year and spending 4+ hrs by myself throwing for the same pay as the autofill pusher on my team
Probably the same pay as a cashier, too.

I just found out through the rumor mill, that my store will be switching from an overnight process to a 4am process. I asked an ETL about this, but he played dumb. Lots of chatter going on about this. For those that will be changing to 4am/6am process, do you know when this is going to happen?
Many of my peers have kids and will not be able to make the switch. I just hope Target gives us a couple of months notice, so some of us can be better prepared to find a new job.
THanks

Notice? Hahahaha, good one.
Like the ‘notice’ given to the poor seasonals that weren’t Kept, or the ‘notice about wearing jeans.....so many missed communication opportunities!
I heard ‘end to end’/‘modernization’ 2 years ago and still have not been told anything formally about changes.

Heck, best one here: I was flex/backroom TL a few years back, came in Monday morning and found out one of my team members is the new flex TL ! I was NOT told it was no longer my dept., not even told they were thinking about it or asked my advice on WHICH tm would be best suited.

Chance of NOTICE is less than than winning the lottery or being struck by lightning, but I wish you good luck anyway!

Our new STL seems the most open with communication than the last few but I still think sometimes even their hands are tied to what they can tell/share.

I just found out through the rumor mill, that my store will be switching from an overnight process to a 4am process. I asked an ETL about this, but he played dumb. Lots of chatter going on about this. For those that will be changing to 4am/6am process, do you know when this is going to happen?
Many of my peers have kids and will not be able to make the switch. I just hope Target gives us a couple of months notice, so some of us can be better prepared to find a new job.
THanks

I'd advise people to start looking for a different job now.

I'm so scared I'm going to be the only unloader at my store soon. Our normal unloader was on a vacation for a couple of weeks but was scheduled back in this week and has NCNS twice and our only other unloader is just here during his college break for a couple of weeks. Idk if I can handle it physically tbh, I've only unloaded 3 trucks a week once, and usually I only unloaded once a week. I had to unload on Monday and my back is still barking from that. Idk if I'd hold up having to unload 5 times a week.
This job is not worth you doing a number on your back. Two of the people on our unload team wear back support braces to help with keeping their backs healthy. Back injuries are really hard to recover from, and get back to 100%. Wear a brace (hey, Target sells them in HBA!), practice good lifting techniques, and don't over-do (even if your TL pushes).

This job is not worth you doing a number on your back. Two of the people on our unload team wear back support braces to help with keeping their backs healthy. Back injuries are really hard to recover from, and get back to 100%. Wear a brace (hey, Target sells them in HBA!), practice good lifting techniques, and don't over-do (even if your TL pushes).
And stretch before you get to work! When I was on truck, a lot of us worked out. Most of the truck team now doesn't, but doing so can help prevent injury.

Back