Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

My store did not come clean on a 900 DPCI truck today. No hours to even get that pathetically small truck done. Meanwhile, plano who technically aren't supposed to exist anymore are getting all the hours. There were three "fomer" plano TMs scheduled in toys and three salesfloor TMs to assist them. (To be fair 2.5 of those SF TMs are useless.) Toys seems like something you really want to prioritize in January. Of course, the big sale right now is in bedding. But, that's all sitting on pallets in the back still.

My store did not come clean on a 900 DPCI truck today. No hours to even get that pathetically small truck done. Meanwhile, plano who technically aren't supposed to exist anymore are getting all the hours. There were three "fomer" plano TMs scheduled in toys and three salesfloor TMs to assist them. (To be fair 2.5 of those SF TMs are useless.) Toys seems like something you really want to prioritize in January. Of course, the big sale right now is in bedding. But, that's all sitting on pallets in the back still.
Too bad the kool-aid doesn’t come fortified with common sense, or any sense...🙄

As someone who works at a store that once did 4am but moved to 6am... there's usually not much notice the change is coming, and if your store is anything like mine they don't allow much flexibility even if you explain your circumstances. Your availability may have fit the job before, but if it doesn't fit whatever your unload time and usual end time morph to, then start looking for a new job because they'll probably pull the guilt trip business needs card on you. That's how we lost most of our good flow team members, unfortunately.

I work at a 6am store, though our crew is parsed out to the latest coming in at 9:30am. For the next two weeks, I have 8 hours for the entire week, with a grand total of 16 hours for two weeks. :mad: How they expect anything to get done is beyond me. If I didnt have a second job in medical, id be SOL. Guess its time to replace target for good.

“Business needs” is Spot’s bs justification for whatever insanity is going on with the schedule at the time. What it really means is “because corporate said so”, since the schedule changes are part of Modernization which doesn’t allow most stores to meet actual business needs. Unless u-boats blocking sales floor aisles, empty shelves, pallets of salvage, backrooms from Hell and guests complaining all over Facebook are considered business needs.🙄

Well today was interesting...I had a triple root canal performed yesterday and they gave me OxyContin, so I went to work today (by way of Uber) completely steezed out of my mind on one 10mg dose. HR was laughing at me when I went in to disclose that I was taking a prescribed narcotic, and to make sure they were aware that I won’t be touching any power equipment with a ten-foot pole. The poppy plant is truly God’s gift to mankind...I literally threw a 2300 piece truck and can barely remember doing it

Well today was interesting...I had a triple root canal performed yesterday and they gave me OxyContin, so I went to work today (by way of Uber) completely steezed out of my mind on one 10mg dose. HR was laughing at me when I went in to disclose that I was taking a prescribed narcotic, and to make sure they were aware that I won’t be touching any power equipment with a ten-foot pole. The poppy plant is truly God’s gift to mankind...I literally threw a 2300 piece truck and can barely remember doing it
You got Oxys for root canals. I had to bitch and moan just to get hydrocodone at 5 mg for my three root canals. You got about three times the potency than I did. Lucky! And yes it does make everything more "efficient" without the pain.

I straight up told the oral surgeon that I would take my business elsewhere if I couldn’t get something super strong, because I was planning on being at work later that day and literally can’t think straight when I’m in excruciating pain. They said okay sure but no refills. Oh well. N-now l-let’s get this f-f-fucking b-b-b-bread!

Anyone here can provide me some info how to sort the repacks without using carts? We’re not allowed to use shopping carts anymore for breakdown. Not sure how’s that going to work when we use 18 carts for HBA, 18 carts for combos, and 20+ carts I’m softlines

We put our repacks on u-boats or a flat then that tm has to work them out. Yes we find random shit- thanks DC.

200 hours for a truck? On our new schedule that is posted our inbound team is scheduled slightly over 300 hours for the entire week, and we're getting 6 trucks. It's gonna be a total shit show unless the ETL just adds a ton of hours like he usually does, but the STL is cracking down on that so meh.

200 hours for a truck? On our new schedule that is posted our inbound team is scheduled slightly over 300 hours for the entire week, and we're getting 6 trucks. It's gonna be a total shit show unless the ETL just adds a ton of hours like he usually does, but the STL is cracking down on that so meh.

I think they meant 200 for the week, with 7 trucks.

Has anyone else's store had problems with trucks showing up late? It's been a once or twice weekly occurrence since December. We thought it was because of Christmas being nuts but it keeps happening. A few times it's slated to show up so late that they decide to unload it the next day so they've asked us to go home upon arriving for our shifts and come back. A couple days ago, the truck wasn't going to arrive until five hours after unload - when all the truck TMs were supposed to leave for the day. It came down from district that truck TMs were supposed to leave and come back the next day, and if we didn't want to/couldn't come back the next day, we were supposed to just lose our hours. I told my truck TL how ridiculous it was and he agreed but said he'd get yelled at if anyone stayed and worked their full shifts. The compromise was me staying for just 3 hours. :/

Try 32 hours per truck. 1 thrower, 2 on the front of the line (with 1 being the TL), 2 on the back of the line and 2 for A&A unpack. All scheduled 4 hours except the TL gets 8. I would love 50 hours per truck.

Try 32 hours per truck. 1 thrower, 2 on the front of the line (with 1 being the TL), 2 on the back of the line and 2 for A&A unpack. All scheduled 4 hours except the TL gets 8. I would love 50 hours per truck.
Shit just 32? And i complained That I only got 550h for the next schedule .

Back