Logistics The Flow/Inbound thread: Until We Yeet Again edition 🤙

This was so us today
Nobody used the bailer they just left u-boats of trash and 2 flow guys had to spend 3hrs making bails and cleaning because apparently even with a empty bailer nobody can throw there trash away and crush it

Who throws their own trash away? I know I don't.... Just kidding! It also pisses me off when the bailer is full but people still put cardboard in it and the backroom team member is not existent or busy to make a bail so I end up making it myself.

So here's what i am seeing for those that haven't started. We are 'conditioned' to move fast but the unload should be slow and accurate. Your team is going to want to just throw the boxes on to the vehicle just like they did for pallets. (Even when training STLs they did the same thing) what you should be doing is a detailed sort. For example for put all the soft soap together on the vehicle or all the air fresheners together. Trust me when I tell you have the time!! You want to be able to get in and out of an aisle when it's time to push. Most will find this process painful due to the slowness. When multiple pipos come off the we may stop to push something quick or 'zone' our vehicles. Until more vehicles arrive you won't have enough. This causes a great deal of stress but unless its a live unload you have all day! I must say I love have combos are broken out!! Repack are alway and will remain gross!

So here's what i am seeing for those that haven't started. We are 'conditioned' to move fast but the unload should be slow and accurate. Your team is going to want to just throw the boxes on to the vehicle just like they did for pallets. (Even when training STLs they did the same thing) what you should be doing is a detailed sort. For example for put all the soft soap together on the vehicle or all the air fresheners together. Trust me when I tell you have the time!! You want to be able to get in and out of an aisle when it's time to push. Most will find this process painful due to the slowness. When multiple pipos come off the we may stop to push something quick or 'zone' our vehicles. Until more vehicles arrive you won't have enough. This causes a great deal of stress but unless its a live unload you have all day! I must say I love have combos are broken out!! Repack are alway and will remain gross!
This is what were going though right now
Were still use to having to move as fast as possible for everything we do from truck to push so the unload crew still trys to move as fast as they can and managment encourages it so after 4hrs of this the team is tired and feeling like they suck at there job because they took so long.
It dosen't help that managment has not gotten use to the new way yet and still wonders why everything is not done by 1pm

So true! At times its difficult to gauge where we are at. Unload has been up to 3 hours. Sorters are scheduled to 10 only leaves hour to push. 45 after break. We currently have someone who works a 9-5 shift which is helpful, if we had a couple more ppl that started at 7 and 8 i think we would be all set. The speed comes during push not during unload.

So true! At times its difficult to gauge where we are at. Unload has been up to 3 hours. Sorters are scheduled to 10 only leaves hour to push. 45 after break. We currently have someone who works a 9-5 shift which is helpful, if we had a couple more ppl that started at 7 and 8 i think we would be all set. The speed comes during push not during unload.
Right now a 1800 takes 3hrs with 6 people
Do you know if during doubles if they will let us start at 2am and do they make the other 2 shifts work truck or just extend all of unload and they just unload the truck for 8hrs when the stores open.
Just because you're the only person i have heard so far that has taken 2 trucks during new roll out

Right now a 1800 takes 3hrs with 6 people
Do you know if during doubles if they will let us start at 2am and do they make the other 2 shifts work truck or just extend all of unload and they just unload the truck for 8hrs when the stores open.
Just because you're the only person i have heard so far that has taken 2 trucks during new roll out
I was told doubles would begin at 4. We did not know we were getting a double so I came in at regular time. My very very small team unload the 1st truck. We used every hardline TM to help push. Took 4 HOURS (due to absences). When first truck was unloaded we pushed because pfresh truck was due to arrive. After meal we used reg team and TLs to sort second truck. Pushed through out the day (did not pull auto/CAFs) Asked TM to come in at 4 the next morning to help with what was left. The vehicle situation was rough. We haven't received the new ones yet. It did get ugly but we got through it. We also had attendance issues up front so sales floor was backing up as well. So everyone worked their tails off.
I sincerely believe if we had had the proper vehicles that it would have been much better. Easier to switch out when full.

Back