Archived The Future Is.. Equal, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all: that's tacky as hell.

Secondly: inb4 a bunch of dudes come in here crying about how feminism is misandry.

Not feminism, just this sign. I'm all for equal opportunity everything. But men and women are different. One is not better than the other in general, only in specific situations and when comparing the average ability of each group.

Is this supposed to be in support of #metoo? It's a giant "fail." I'm female and still find it offensive.

Lol saw that and it reminded me of that one Rick and Morty episode where they visit the planet Gazorpazorp that has an all-female ruling class/matriarchal society, and the standard greeting is "I'm here if you need to talk"

Who benefits from this “gender rivalry”? Cause thats what it is right?
Does a coherent family structure benefit?
Do you get a good work/life balance when you pit genders against each other?
Does it lead to a productive society? NO! It benefits the “shot callers” the people whose profits depend on enslaving the masses, and breeding a competition that only leads to a playing field that sooner or later tilts one way or the other.
We are all created equal and merit should be the only scale through which we are measured, not gender.

A little off topic ....

There is a DVD out called "Nelli the Princess Knight." So I told my coworker, she gets to be a princess and a knight. So I keep adding on.

Nelli the Princess, Ophthalmologist, Gynecologist, Art Critic, American Idol Winner, Knight.

Meanwhile, her brother is sitting in the corner eating crayons because his nutritionist sister didn't tell him not to.

Do any sons ever get told they are princes?

I used to torment my sister with misogynist jokes when we were growing up, because lol. She's very artistically inclined and has always had her bedroom as an art studio, so naturally I had to say shit like "Artist? More like sandwich artist" :^)

Reactions: NPC
View attachment 5232
I think someone is missing the point of the equal rights for all movement...
Shit like this sets us back decades.
Pisses me off to go thru the Women's Lib era, fighting to be taken seriously, breaking into male-dominated professions, wanting the chance to do what men have always been allowed/able to do, working twice as hard to get half the respect.
Then we get these pink & purple princess warriors trying to act all bad-ass substituting props for hard work.

Shit like this sets us back decades.
Pisses me off to go thru the Women's Lib era, fighting to be taken seriously, breaking into male-dominated professions, wanting the chance to do what men have always been allowed/able to do, working twice as hard to get half the respect.
Then we get these pink & purple princess warriors trying to act all bad-ass substituting props for hard work.
Yeah, especially when most of us are still fighting to be taken seriously in or even be considered for jobs like law enforcement. Give me stories about the real badass women we have to thank for the advances that have been made before us.

Woman's lib got compromised big time by capitalism. Sad story, really. It had its origins as a movement of women who wanted relief from the misery caused by the stark wealth disparity and inequality of the Gilded Age, which disproportionately affected women and made it nearly impossible for them to climb out of poverty or otherwise improve their quality of life. Suffrage and political engagement were goals meant to counteract this and help curb the excesses of capitalism. Now a century later we have the m'ladies of the Third Wave unironically claiming that stacking corporate America with women is the surest path to their empowerment. "Why aren't there more women CEOs?" Gross. Anyone who aspires to ruling over a soulless megacorp for 400% of the average salary has something seriously wrong with their noggin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back