Archived The hell is bias training or whatever they call it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this unique to my store? If so I am deleting the hell out of this thread but there is this new training going around and we all gotta spend an hour with the bosses training. Seems odd. Anyone want to clarify for my dumbass?

It's just teaching you not to be bias with guests and that every side has a different version. They want you to ask open ended questions when handling with a guest and to look at their perspective at all times. If your an extremely bias person its gonna be extremely hard to learn from the training

Ours was maybe like 15 minutes and a video/commercial thing it was a bit silly of like, we're taking this serious, but you got to get back out on the floor because it's super crazy today.

You probably only have to do it once and for an hour.
I have to do it every year and the training is all day.

The ETL that attended Bias Training at the same time I did, obviously learned nothing. The next day he biased against my FDC driver after the driver left. I would beat the shit out of the ETL. What a waste of space in that training room. ETL revealed how biased he is that he is biased towards own team.

We had it about 4-6 months ago at the dc just about being biased with co-workers and new hires

I'm 99% certain that my store handled this training by having all the TLs do it with the STL and telling the TLs to make sure all the information was relayed to their teams.

I had to take unconscious bias training at my new job and the name is quite apt because it was all I could do to not fall unconscious while watching the 20+ videos you have to sit through. Apparently there's a lot of dough in this corporate hall monitor racket and a zillion little third-party startups have popped up to foist this on everybody. This particular company is hilariously called "Paradigm", which is one of the most if not the most irritating corporate buzzwords in use so of course they had to go and literally name their startup that. The gratingly chipper bimbo CEO who narrated most of the videos was probably a replicant. Fortunately I was able to wipe most of the paradigm from my memory by binge-watching Mad Men again 👌

NOT speaking English has become a SERIOUS problem in our store. Looking at the grid for GM today: 11 tm on the hardline salesfloor - 4 of them speak English - the other 7 are excused from answering the phone, back-up cashiering and need to go get one one the 4 that are not on the phone or back-up cashiering to help each guest they encounter. The 7 don’t even say ‘hi’ to guests. What happened to core roles to do the job ?

I doodled most of the time. I doodled a few maps. I doodled my name. Then my name with the last of a few cute guys' last names. Felt like I was in middle school again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back