Archived The "I Quit" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not a good thing. In case, you don't like the new job. I would suggest to ask for at least a week or two notice at spot.

That is not a good thing. In case, you don't like the new job. I would suggest to ask for at least a week or two notice at spot.

I don't know what his work history is like, but with mine I can say with confidence any job is better than Target, regardless of what level you are at. The work atmosphere can best be described as "happiness and cyanide".

I got it!!! :D

Only thing is they needed me to start Monday so I couldn't give Target 2 weeks notice. So I'm not rehirable. Ahh, shoot.

Psh, "Ahh, shoot" indeed. ;) Congratulations! I hope you enjoy this job; it sounds like you were the best person for it!

I didn't take this decision lightly. But I looked at6 the pros and cons for taking the new job.
+ $2 bucks an hour more
+ 30-35 hours a week
+ Set schedule
+ freind has worked there for years and likes the employer
-No 2 week notice for Target
- More night hours.

I'm pretty sure I made the right decision.

I don't know what his work history is like, but with mine I can say with confidence any job is better than Target, regardless of what level you are at. The work atmosphere can best be described as "happiness and cyanide".

My thoughts exactly. When I turned in my resignation the STL at my store tried to convince me to leave by patranoizing me. FAIL! :facepalm:

Psh, "Ahh, shoot" indeed. ;) Congratulations! I hope you enjoy this job; it sounds like you were the best person for it!

Thanks! I super excited that I got this job!

Sorry to revive an old thread but today I ended my employment with Target as well. As such I won't be around here much, if at all. (Putting this portion of my life behind me)

The pros and cons of leaving Target for me were:

+job with 50,000+ per year salary for 40 hours a week
+8-5 Monday through Friday (I can live like a normal human being)
+respect
+being valued as an employee instead of being treated like a problem

- I already miss some of the people I work with, but luckily we are friends outside of work.

On that note, Target needs to clean up its act or it won't make it another decade or two. I'm not sure how it is in your guys areas but customers are leaving in droves in mine. They are hitting up dollar general, aldis, giant eagle, and small chains now.

Yup, free from spot as of 8/28! Apparantly there is a mass exodus from target these days!

Congrats, Global! You're going on to bigger & better things. :thumbsup:
I hope you can keep us posted as you settle into your new life.

Yup, free from spot as of 8/28! Apparantly there is a mass exodus from target these days!

my store lost 3 tms tonight. lost at least 5 last week. lost probably a dozen since April at least. They have hired maybe 4 people? And that's not even counting flow team. I noticed that all of a sudden nearly all TMs were getting 40 hours and they were having trouble staffing the floor at all because there simply wasn't anyone available. A lot of it is college, but some of it is the work atmosphere.

oh well not my problem anymore lol.

Just a small piece of advice: I do not suggest anyone "quit" unless you have another job already lined up. Qutting makes you ineligible to recieve unemployment benefits.

Its better to be terminated.

Good luck folks. May the world treat you kinder then did Spot.

Well as an update for me: I just started a new job in a sales position. Yeah its commission based sales but this place is really good to its employees and the pay/opportunity to make sales is INCREDIBLY good!

My last day working for Spot will be Thursday, I'm so happy I could go dance in the streets lol

Just a small piece of advice: I do not suggest anyone "quit" unless you have another job already lined up. Qutting makes you ineligible to recieve unemployment benefits.

Or at least have some savings. Termination looks awful in future applications, I don't recommend getting termed!

No true, Target policy is that no one can find out your termination reason code nor your rehire status, meaning, they can find out your dates of employment, but nothing about why your employment ended is ever able to be discovered. It's confidential and not provided to any 3rd party person who might call to find out.

Or at least have some savings. Termination looks awful in future applications, I don't recommend getting termed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back