The Kitchen DBO Thread where we drown in water bottles and swim in plastic wrap

There may be like 2 or 3 of us poor kitchen DBOs here. This is our place to suffer together.

To get us started: You know all that god awful plastic dinnerware for BTS you've been keeping in cases hoping to sweep back the moment you can? Guess what? It's staying. All of it. Even the serving bowls, platters, and mugs. Everything is moving to an endcap in the upcoming transition. I set it today. It has 9 shelves. To make it fit you only have space to fit 1 tall tumbler, not double stacking. They'll only go 5 deep, but you get 2 facings for them. So, only 10 of each will go out. (At least that's what it looks like. DIdn't have time to fill that monstrosity today. I get to do that first thing in the morning before a goup visit, also known as the only reason I was messing with that today.)

Anyway, that plastic shit that guests make a mess of everywhere is staying. Yay, for looking like a Dollar General!

Last edited:
There may be like 2 or 3 of us poor kitchen DBOs here. This is our place to suffer together.

To get us started: You know all that god awful plastic dinnerware for BTS you've been keeping in cases hoping to sweep back the moment you can? Guess what? It's staying. All of it. Even the serving bowls, platters, and mugs. Everything is moving to an endcap in the upcoming transition. I set it today. It has 9 shelves. To make it fit you only have space to fit 1 tall tumbler, not double stacking. They'll only go 5 deep, but you get 2 facings for them. So, only 10 of each will go out. (At least that's what it looks like. DIdn't have time to fill that monstrosity today. I get to do that first thing in the morning before a goup visit, also known as the only reason I was messing with that today.)

Anyway, that plastic shit that guests make a mess of everywhere is staying. Yay, for looking like a Dollar General!
We have been flexing it into our Bullseye's Playground at every opportunity for over a month. (can't keep that place full!) They'll be mighty surprised when there isn't anything to fill 9 shelves because it's been selling like it's Dollar General!

We have been flexing it into our Bullseye's Playground at every opportunity for over a month. (can't keep that place full!) They'll be mighty surprised when there isn't anything to fill 9 shelves because it's been selling like it's Dollar General!

Fuck that's brilliant. I wish my store had thought of that. Guess what I'm going to suggest tomorrow?

I’ve observed my fellow tms in kitchen this past week or two flex lots of stuff onto a cart and towers in the main aisle, but I know that doesn’t happen a lot😂

I’ve observed my fellow tms in kitchen this past week or two flex lots of stuff onto a cart and towers in the main aisle, but I know that doesn’t happen a lot😂

There's a lot of stuff in kitchen that is NCF right now. Coincidentally, most of it has very low SFQs and it's coming in areas where Target doesn't have issues keeping it in stock. DCs have been dumping it on stores the past couple of weeks. I'm completely out of sensible areas to flex it into.You can only fit so many crockpots on an endcap and all of the pots and pan aisles are packed to the gills. Corporate needs to bite the bullet and get this stuff on clearance ASAPto make room for the return of Kitchen Aid cookware.

Apparently, HQ thinks that one of my endcaps is taller than it really is. This has been a known problem at the store for a long time and no one has done anything about it. Previous DBOs have resorted to just not putting out the items that go above where they will fit. :)rolleyes: Yes. I inherited a very red area.) I can swap endcaps around and make it work for this transition, but is this something that could be MySupported to get fixed for the future? Or is there some other way to go about fixing this permanently?

Apparently, HQ thinks that one of my endcaps is taller than it really is. This has been a known problem at the store for a long time and no one has done anything about it. Previous DBOs have resorted to just not putting out the items that go above where they will fit. :)rolleyes: Yes. I inherited a very red area.) I can swap endcaps around and make it work for this transition, but is this something that could be MySupported to get fixed for the future? Or is there some other way to go about fixing this permanently?

We had two endcaps/display in bedding that they had reversed.
One required one of those big magnetic signs and the other just a tall slide on sign.
It took us a year and a half fighting with MySupport to get fixed.
We sent them pictures, wrote long essays, even explaining to the DM when he dinged us for having it wrong, for it to get fixed and it just went on and on.
Then on day we got the right signs.
Good luck.

We had two endcaps/display in bedding that they had reversed.
One required one of those big magnetic signs and the other just a tall slide on sign.
It took us a year and a half fighting with MySupport to get fixed.
We sent them pictures, wrote long essays, even explaining to the DM when he dinged us for having it wrong, for it to get fixed and it just went on and on.
Then on day we got the right signs.
Good luck.

I've gone thru similar hoops to fix this type of issue. Repeatedly. Only to have them fuck it up again a few sets later. So I've given up and just "make it work" where I can. 🙄

All those areas PLUS TECH?... that's fucking cruel
It is cruel. Its really weird considering I am tied as tech, but I work every other department instead tech. Like I do Starbucks, Guest Service, Tech, Fulfillment, Beauty, Kitchen, Stationary, and Inbound. My daily routines are never the same. I feel discouraged when I see Tech is understaffed and 141s are high because we are behind on push by like 3 trucks.

It is cruel. Its really weird considering I am tied as tech, but I work every other department instead tech. Like I do Starbucks, Guest Service, Tech, Fulfillment, Beauty, Kitchen, Stationary, and Inbound. My daily routines are never the same. I feel discouraged when I see Tech is understaffed and 141s are high because we are behind on push by like 3 trucks.

Recently at my store Tech has been getting moved to another nearby areas. But, tech has been pretty slow. If they don't get assigned to do something else, they'll just stand at the boat for hours. Not cool though if there is actual tech work to do.

As for kitchen DBO shit, what's up with this transition? They want me to switch regular coffee makers out of their current aisle facing the Kuerigs and put them in the blender/food processer aisle, which then go facing the Kuerigs? Why? Nah. Not going to do it. Let's not be stupid here, corporate.

I thought it was fun to build an illegal in-aisle display of backstock instapots on a pallet, partly because I didn’t care to drag all 420 of them up the stepladder in BR and also because a dedicated display helped to draw aggro away from the crowded back aisle and also also because it was a couple days before a district visit…basically the display just sort of built itself as I stood there watching those instapots get snatched up by passing Karens even before I had it signed. Then on Day of The Visit I saw that the blasphemous pallet had been hurriedly pulled from the salesfloor and hidden from sight…I think I heard something like “selling shit isn’t brand” but alas, there was little they could do as many sales had already saled before they could stop it

If they didn't want you to sell it then why bother shipping it to your store?

Perhaps, it was a Black Friday doorbuster that they shipped a bunch of in advance? But, most likely the issue was that dropping a pallet of instapots in aisle isn't brand. I get pissy if someone puts out 1 extra of anything in my aisles. A pallet-load? For fuck's sake, just get the stacker and put that shit up in the steel.

Things have changed. When I left multiple pallets of car seats were circling NIT in the aisles whenever far too many car seats than space arrived.

Things have changed. When I left multiple pallets of car seats were circling NIT in the aisles whenever far too many car seats than space arrived.

Oh that still happens at my store. But it coincides with the carseat trade-in event & corresponding coupon and they are planogrammed to be there, not just flexed pallets.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I really need the DC to stop sending my cookie cutters and Christmas milk bottles. They sell fast, but I don't need well over a hundred on hand of them all. I have nowhere to backstock it what with all the random NOP crap corporate refuses to clearance out filling up my backroom.

I'm excited about this three day sale though. I really hope it helps empty out my backroom.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I really need the DC to stop sending my cookie cutters and Christmas milk bottles. They sell fast, but I don't need well over a hundred on hand of them all. I have nowhere to backstock it what with all the random NOP crap corporate refuses to clearance out filling up my backroom.

I'm excited about this three day sale though. I really hope it helps empty out my backroom.
Holy shit the NOP. I'm "going against brand" and using two amp gifting vehicles for this flex POG shit. Also I said screw it and just backstocked the cookie cutters in their case with the top cut off. I'm not about to detrash hundreds of these things at once when I can do it a few at a time in the one-for-ones.

Holy shit the NOP. I'm "going against brand" and using two amp gifting vehicles for this flex POG shit. Also I said screw it and just backstocked the cookie cutters in their case with the top cut off. I'm not about to detrash hundreds of these things at once when I can do it a few at a time in the one-for-ones.

I wish I could do that with cookie cutters. Alas, we got a huge shipment of them in on my day off. Some dumbass seasonal assigned to kitchen for the day, spent his entire shit detrashing them and putting them all in one giantic Sterlite box. (I'm not kidding. He did nothing else for the entire shift.) It took me forever to sort them out. At this point, they're on a metro with in wacos that I'm running to the floor when they look light. I've been trying to make room in my aisle to backstock, but that's not working out very well right now with all the NOP. and my complete lack of time to work on projects.

Back