Archived The Kodak Test for Photo Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target was going to test Kodak Personal running the Photo Lab in 10 Stores.
Has anyone had this test done in there store?

From what I read, Target was going to contract out Kodak Personal to run the lab
during it's hours of operation.
Kodak's only job was to help guests and process orders (no covering breaks, lunches, or cart
attendant duties).
Target team members were only responsible for ordering supplies and doing the inventory...

Kodak has been reducing their work force now that they've yanked the chemical processors from all the stores (Target, CVS, etc). It'll probably be outsourced like with the Target Mobile reps coming from "Radio Shack" but really being a contractor company.

I don't see this ending well for anyone if it goes through.

Oh yeh, I'd LOVE to see Kodak people get hit with the crap photo TMs have had to deal with: rude/screaming/stupid guests, equipment failures, supply failures.
First day they'd run screaming into the night.

Oh yeh, I'd LOVE to see Kodak people get hit with the crap photo TMs have had to deal with: rude/screaming/stupid guests, equipment failures, supply failures.
or just those old people who want to print photos and expect someone to hold their hand through it. install this app.. "oh i don't do that.. the people at the cell phone store do that for me"

I hope they don't put Kodak people in my store.

photo lab is basically the desk of gstl

My store has Kodak employees. I didn't realize it was uncommon until I joined this site. I love it, I would HATE having to run Guest Service on top of helping guests in photo. I don't know how it would even be possible, because some guests take up 20+ minutes of time sometimes.

A few stores in my district have Kodak TMs. At every location they operate service desk at low volume stores during gap coverage or back up... The lines are very blurred. Last i was told the deal was carry forwarded two years. While a Kodak TM can refuse to work service desk or the target side, the ones who do don't seem to last long. They are asked to help target TMs if possible.

The test hasn't seemed completely negative, for a pilot program that was supposed to be during Christmas only... The program has survived sometime now. They now offer full printing options and passport photos.

or just those old people who want to print photos and expect someone to hold their hand through it. install this app.. "oh i don't do that.. the people at the cell phone store do that for me"
Ain't just 'old people' who do that; we always got the doofus who didn't know where to insert their memory card.
I always loved telling them where they could stick it.

Same here lol. We don't have photo TM. I am a GSTM and I have to deal with photo. I wish we would get rid of photo. There is always an issue with at least one of the kiosks, calling Kodak to get it fixed takes forever. As soon as one of the kiosks works again, the next one breaks down.

My store has Kodak employees. I didn't realize it was uncommon until I joined this site. I love it, I would HATE having to run Guest Service on top of helping guests in photo. I don't know how it would even be possible, because some guests take up 20+ minutes of time sometimes.
Oh it's wonderful dealing with ornery Photo Lab guests who insist only you help them while you're five guests deep at GS, you're slamming the back up to Guest Services/Photo Finishing button, calling for backup, and then getting a call over the walkie 30 minutes after everything's blown over asking if you need help.

Honestly please institute Kodak employees to deal with their crap.

Oh it's wonderful dealing with ornery Photo Lab guests who insist only you help them while you're five guests deep at GS, you're slamming the back up to Guest Services/Photo Finishing button, calling for backup, and then getting a call over the walkie 30 minutes after everything's blown over asking if you need help.

Honestly please institute Kodak employees to deal with their crap.

YES! I hope they never get rid of the Kodak employees.

Ain't just 'old people' who do that; we always got the doofus who didn't know where to insert their memory card.
I always loved telling them where they could stick it.

i know how to take the machine apart. one person just didn't want to admit that he lost his memory card. it fell somewhere or someone stole it. he didn't accept he screwed up at any point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back