The Lemonis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't "wow" you in something I truly am not good at. You can only compare me to what other people can do because it's a good gauge on what can realistically be done on the task at hand. I didn't scam anyone. I started talking about my hobby in this forum in 2015, and I delivered my idea, and here it is:

Not being able to fight back or have my voice truly heard made me feel bitter, as anyone would when they felt unjustifiably condemned.

They talk about "integrity" while we hear stories of silicon valley scandals happening during the early years of their startup.

So much focus on my personal life - and I'm trying my best to stir the conversation to what I thought was the reason for the spotlight - an invitation to present a business idea. I couldn't understand why everything else was given so much weight.

Humble TL

Timers Please!
The bugs in ceiling often are an indication of bugs in the cellar. As for eradicating them, different cultures have different approaches. The Chinese actually consider them a delicacy and thus a gift from a high power.

Ringwraith917

Zone Police
What? This thread seems literally out of the blue with defensiveness. Have I missed the thread/s in which you were being attacked / accused of scamming?

Militantagnostic

Former associate of the Targetti Crime Syndicate
Has it really been that long, @donutcry used to come on here and put her rants and ramblings on here about her family problems and talked about making this app she posted the video on.

A critique: The presentation was a bit boring, the same slow music throughout is a real yawn-inducer. The presentation visuals were ok but it was hard to read what was on the screen cast of the phone. I see what your going for in the app, adding social media into a financial app could have potential, I like to use the chat function in the Robinhood app sometimes but a full fledged social media component where I can see other people's financial standings seems a bit of an overshare. The visuals and menus in the app itself could be streamlined and made less cluttered, and maybe lighten up the background at bit. The market for financial apps seems like it would be tough to breakout in. In conclusion, put a better picture of yourself at the end of any future presentations!

NKG

Trouble is a friend of mine....
@donutcry are you being held hostage? Blink once for yes in your videos.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
@donutcry
I hope you realize that the snarky response you absolutely will get by posting here are not personal attacks.
Do not internalize them and make them part of the issues you already have.
The Break Room can be a pretty supportive place but it has its fair share of miscreants and if you are going to take anything said here personally ... well, just don't.

I don't know enough about the finer points of investing to critique your app but as @Militantagnostic pointed out the presentation could use improvement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
miscreant - (of a person) behaving badly or in a way that breaks a law or rule.

I am portrayed as a criminal, and maybe that is the surprise in this dark phase. I have many other complex emotions, past trauma, a cauldron of negative associations, romantic desires. I can be very naive, gullible, easily misled and suggestible.

My business idea isn't good enough, and I have tried evolving my skills. Learned UX development, Android programming, Machine Learning and tried AI topics. I couldn't level up beyond the basics. I can't create nor grasp the complexities of current technologies such as AI and algorithmic trading.

It scares me to even think about the future, that's probably why I have chosen to believe that I would be saved or rescued.

Pale

Half sweet, Half savory, Completely sexy.
miscreant - (of a person) behaving badly or in a way that breaks a law or rule.

I am portrayed as a criminal, and maybe that is the surprise in this dark phase. I have many other complex emotions, past trauma, a cauldron of negative associations, romantic desires. I can be very naive, gullible, easily misled and suggestible.
He was calling me and a specific group of people Miscreants, not you. Chill.

I feel like a miscreant. Judged as a miscreant. I am against powerful people, and no one wants to hear my emotional journey.

I stabbed many people, they say, a murderer - but it was hard not to feel betrayed by people whom you thought will allow you to speak up before passing judgment.

We are all guilty of doing bad things to one another. I went through a lot of trauma, a lot of triggers, a lot of memories that kept replaying back. There was no intention to hurt anyone, but that's what is being spread around. My problem is that I overthink, I ruminate, I over-analyzed. I wasn't trying to hurt that person. I reason by analogy, maybe I tried to normalize myself , maybe I make sense by comparison.

It started out as an excel file in which I collected 16 year data of over 4,000 stocks which took all day to complete. Then, I created a sheet in which you can apply filters. Break it down by categories: country, sector, market cap. Now, the controversy began with how I applied statistics to create my visualization. It looked very outrageous. For example, it can show that on average, most stocks can perform 40% from January close to whatever price it peaks for that year. Some of the results can be ignored because of the quality of data or that I don't know how to effectively deal with data errors.

Snake-oil salesman they say. In my head, my reasonings for the visualization is rational. I know, I wasn't well-versed on linear regressions and formal statistics. I just developed my own intuition based on experience. I am concerned more on how much it can peak or bottom out, and revealing which sector have the most chance to profit from the ups and downs. Fibonacci retracement or mean reversion kind of theory. It's definitely not sophisticated, but by no means did I thought i was scamming anyone with my idea. I developed this reasoning because that what made sense when I was trading.

I even scrapped wikipedia for all events from BC to Current Year. That was my attempt for Natural Language Processing or a sentiment analysis. You can search for an earthquake, and plot it with financial performance. Yup, it is a primitive method, but I made it work.

I also collected data from FINVIZ in which I was only able to get current financials, but finviz has info on headquarter and other fixed variables.

Basically, I wanted to merge all kinds of data that will help me explain "performances" - data revealing a story to me, that will help me make sense of what's going on in the financial market.

Attachments

Last edited:
When I converted this to an app, I wanted a repository of all kinds of data including economic indicators from e.g. FRED.
I envisioned people sharing theories using data visualization, or if they want to share their personal metrics like when they tend to "enter" or "exit" a trade. "Man, I gotta stop buying at open" or "I gotta stop buying the news!". Some people may point out shifts even before the experts can see it. Others might have some unique insights. People will have some common denominator they can discuss. They say that machine learning and AI can discover all kinds of patterns, including analysis of earning conference to determine the tone of speakers which can reveal what's not being written on paper. So, this app can also grow to include algorithmic analyses on public conferences - tone and body language of speakers.

It includes journaling - and basically, the biggest advantage is to be able to chronicle the journey of your trades, so you are understanding the psychology behind your decisions. You might find out that you actually rely most on word of mouth, or your networks to make decisions. That may come as a surprise because you thought of yourself as a researcher, or a data scientist - but it turns out that ultimately your decision boils down to emotions or what other people say.

NKG

Trouble is a friend of mine....
@donutcry don have you ever worked for Target or are you just here to convert us?

Status
Not open for further replies.