Archived The rug aisle

Status
Not open for further replies.

busyzoningtoys

Finally almost getting paid enough.
Anyone else have a sometimes dangerous, always pain-in-the-ass rug aisle? Any tips or pointers? Any tricks with fixtures or alternative fixtures to keep it neat and safe and under control?

Anyone else have a sometimes dangerous, always pain-in-the-ass rug aisle? Any tips or pointers? Any tricks with fixtures or alternative fixtures to keep it neat and safe and under control?

My one tip is to not overstock. In the last set, I changed every capacity.

Of course, it's only dangerous to stupid ass customers who can't understand that .... giant rug heavy, fall and hurt i.

My one tip is to not overstock. In the last set, I changed every capacity.
Something my predecessor tried was on the largest rugs, one of those softlines bars that the farther back rug goes behind, then a rug in front of it. Keeps them from falling over, but what a fucking event it becomes to remove those back rugs; I seriously wonder how the hell flow team pushes them. I was thinking of reducing the capacity to 1 on the largest rugs, then using several of the softlines bars to prevent more than one rug from being pushed there.

instead of one bar with dividers across the middle, use two on 6ft, three on the 8ft / 10 ft rugs
I never thought of this... do you still use the flimsy metal headers on top? I find a lot of the safety issue is these becoming dislodged or crooked and turning into face-level swinging shrapnel. I looked on SAP for rug fixtures and there’s two headers with the same target part number but different SAP numbers and a vastly different price; $30ish for 2 on one set and $170ish for 2 on the other. Of course, there’s no picture or description on SAP. The current ones are shitty off white metal with a white cardboard cover on the front; I thought I’d seen at another target black metal with a fake wood grain cover but I couldn’t find anything on SAP.

Last edited:
To me, the most dangerous part of the store is furniture. All those team lift boxes, standing on end, on shelves already shoulder height. Incidents waiting to happen IMO.
Furniture is another major issue that I was going to save for it’s own thread. Most of the issue is flow team overpushing and lazily. For that my plan is to double the metal arms, constantly limit quantities, and have early dayside ETLs monitor who’s pushing so I can have documented discussions as soon as it’s improperly pushed.

I just have to be proactive and do a safety check of that aisle for booby trapped rugs after flow "pushes" it. There will always be a giant ass P62 rug teetering on the edge of the basedeck just waiting for a gentle breeze from a passing fly to send it crashing down on some sap like a log. one of them actually did fall over in our backroom the other day and it crushed a repack full of baby food.

another thing they like to do is push the $199 rugs to $49.99 spots, while the correct spot is empty. huurrr

We have only specific team members push rugs, but it means we have rugs in back for half a week before they get to push them.

We have only specific team members push rugs, but it means we have rugs in back for half a week before they get to push them.
While I like this idea, I have a feeling it would end up being me having to push them, plus I don’t want them backstocked more than they have to be.

I never thought of this... do you still use the flimsy metal headers on top? I find a lot of the safety issue is these becoming dislodged or crooked and turning into face-level swinging shrapnel. I looked on SAP for rug fixtures and there’s two headers with the same target part number but different SAP numbers and a vastly different price; $30ish for 2 on one set and $170ish for 2 on the other. Of course, there’s no picture or description on SAP. The current ones are shitty off white metal with a white cardboard cover on the front; I thought I’d seen at another target black metal with a fake wood grain cover but I couldn’t find anything on SAP.[/QUOTE]

I’ll snap some pics for you when i get back to work on Friday

We would probably have a deadly rug aisle...if anyone on our truck team even bothered to push the rugs :mad: they always just shove them off the line and never come back to grab them to push with the rest of their freight.

So I bundle them up and throw a pull clip on them. The vehicle normally floats around for a few days before disappearing- no clue if they’re pushed or backstocked, but it’s my little passive aggressive quirk.

I never thought of this... do you still use the flimsy metal headers on top? I find a lot of the safety issue is these becoming dislodged or crooked and turning into face-level swinging shrapnel. I looked on SAP for rug fixtures and there’s two headers with the same target part number but different SAP numbers and a vastly different price; $30ish for 2 on one set and $170ish for 2 on the other. Of course, there’s no picture or description on SAP. The current ones are shitty off white metal with a white cardboard cover on the front; I thought I’d seen at another target black metal with a fake wood grain cover but I couldn’t find anything on SAP.

I’ll snap some pics for you when i get back to work on Friday[/QUOTE]

lol no

If we're talking about dangerous aisles, let's talk about the folding chairs that hang and almost fall on people because the shelves below them are set too high.

If we're talking about dangerous aisles, let's talk about the folding chairs that hang and almost fall on people because the shelves below them are set too high.
Surprisingly, the folding chairs/tables/stools section of my furniture valley is safe and relatively problem-free. It’s the room essentials desks and bookshelves across from it that are a shit show lol

Surprisingly, the folding chairs/tables/stools section of my furniture valley is safe and relatively problem-free. It’s the room essentials desks and bookshelves across from it that are a shit show lol
I pointed it out when one fell and hit me in the face while I was helping a guest, and was told if I dropped the shelf down so it wouldn't happen again, I'd have to redo the whole back wall so the shelves were even. Oh well, guess one will just fall on a guest and they'll sue us.

Rugs all over the place, flexed, hanging out sideways ... ugh. The bars don't help too much. We're preparing to pop on 7x11's that read "Please ask a team member for assistance" and hang up a call button. Flow usually pushes the rugs complete with the outer plastic *nods head*.

The next area is in plastics / small furniture. Usually, the crackheads pull out the stools and large plastic bins and make a lovely seating arrangement out of them so they may pop their feet up, browse on the free Spot wifi and enjoy their high, tourniquet still hanging from their arm.

The next area is in plastics / small furniture. Usually, the crackheads...
At my store it’s the crackheads who overpush the plastics before we open, resulting in 100 of a single DPCI filling up my back wall of plastics. Then they complain when I have the closers leave them with 5 flatbeds of plastics backstock. I’m not making dayside waste their time backstocking your overpush.

Some of these rugs we sell are so big that you practically need a rug pull and a forklift for them. They are so wide, they won't fit in or under our racks. Why are we selling 12 foot wide rugs? Can't rug warehouses like Home Depot and Lowes do that? Cripes.

I hate the rug aisle the most annoyingest aisle in the whole block besides the back walls or the coffee makers..theres really no tips for it you just have to put back eveything besides if they open up an enitre rug no one buys opened up stuff such a waste for salvage items but yea all you can do is putting the stuff back lol

If we're talking about dangerous aisles, let's talk about the folding chairs that hang and almost fall on people because the shelves below them are set too high.[/QUOTE
What ever section for bedding and that whole section i cant stand that area of the store lol i agree there too high i dont find it safe putting them like that...omg zoning home improvment is hell like idk what it is about that section its the worst one in the entire store....I love cleaning supplies and pets and toys and like where trash bags are and stuff like that and the stationary aisle too...i love folding towels but something about the back walls in every department excpet for cleaning supplies is always unorganized lol or just to big too look at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back