Archived The survival of Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don’t expect to see Target thriving any longer than a decade from here on out because of you know who. And that who is Amazon Go. Do you really think that people want to deal with the bullshit of having to rely on cashiers, stumbling with wallets and cash, and dealing with everything that revolves around the experience of shopping in the contemporary age— minus the atmosphere of Target that people seem to like? Amazon Go practically allows you to walk in and out with their items, literally. And it being in a prototype sorta phase only confirms my suspicion that it’ll expand even greater in terms of product selection and suchlike. Yet, knowing how stingy Target is, they seem to carry on as if nothing’s afoot, solely because their mentality is encapsulated by their highly recognized, well-established image that you’d expect to never go out of style or business. Well, Targets going to be gone soon if they keep at it with their bull-fuck. Why do you think only 2 to 3 out of 20-something registers are only opened, even during busy days? Because somebody’s penis is small. And soon, those measly three to whatever-something registers will decline to practically nothing when the Lord Farquaad of entrepreneurship dismantles the big red dot of fuckery and pawns bullseye the dog to China for meat and money, to be cooked and sautéed with broccoli and soy sauce. Where will you be then? A garbage man or a stripper? Who knows, but what I do know is that the grocery league is changing, and so isn’t target.

Attachments

• 35B0B71F-A4A8-423D-B4AC-70A0FEED77CD.jpeg
    35B0B71F-A4A8-423D-B4AC-70A0FEED77CD.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 22
Lol. Amazon Go is only a category killer if the category in question is making a profit. Gigantic theft magnet that won’t work in 95% of American cities where “the law” is mostly an anachronism. More like Amazon Shrink, am I right folks

Target certainly won’t be around forever but to think that Amazon “Go (Out The Door Without Paying)” is the beginning of the end for us...lmaoing my ass off fam. Watch them phase this out in under 5 years. I’m betting less than 2. Guarantee you it was thought up by Lord Bezos one slow afternoon after he got bored of recounting his $10,000 bundles for the 20th time on the upper deck of his 100 ft. yacht, and his minions were too scared to pipe up and say “Uh, excuse me my lord but this wouldn’t work, imagine the shrink.”

Amazon “Go (Before The 5 Hour Police Response Time Runs Out)” is a stillborn, moronic idea. Amazon corp may be a giant oligopoly with its tentacles in too many places, but that doesn’t mean every stupid ass idea they come up with is ~*THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE*~

Lol. Amazon Go is only a category killer if the category in question is making a profit. Gigantic theft magnet that won’t work in 95% of American cities where “the law” is mostly an anachronism. More like Amazon Shrink, am I right folks

Target certainly won’t be around forever but to think that Amazon “Go (Out The Door Without Paying)” is the beginning of the end for us...lmaoing my ass off fam. Watch them phase this out in under 5 years. I’m betting less than 2. Guarantee you it was thought up by Lord Bezos one slow afternoon after he got bored of recounting his $10,000 bundles for the 20th time on the upper deck of his 100 ft. yacht, and his minions were too scared to pipe up and say “Uh, excuse me my lord but this wouldn’t work, imagine the shrink.”

Amazon “Go (Before The 5 Hour Police Response Time Runs Out)” is a stillborn, moronic idea. Amazon corp may be a giant oligopoly with its tentacles in too many places, but that doesn’t mean every stupid ass idea they come up with is ~*THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE*~

Bullseye the dog is smelling delicious~
7FA15719-A72B-4385-9DE2-2A4BDAD66B2C.jpeg

You don't understand...iT'SSSSSS AMMMMAZOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!1!!!!

I wonder how Amazon Go handles reshop ??

Last edited:
As few here have said, Target the brand is doing well. HQ needs cleansing and slimming. Their priorities are completely wrong. Rather than attempting all of the remodels and 30 new stores on top of “modernization” the focus should have been remodeling DC and streamlining logistics

Instead they focused on guest service over logistics. Fixing something that wasn’t broken in the first place. Spot was already at the top of the board for service.

Regardless of how dominant Amazon is. Target will be around much longer because people love an experience. People want to be out and shopping. That’s something amazon just can’t deliver. What’s more probable is amazon buying target before target disappearing in ten years. IMO

Regardless of how dominant Amazon is. Target will be around much longer because people love an experience. People want to be out and shopping. That’s something amazon just can’t deliver. What’s more probable is amazon buying target before target disappearing in ten years. IMO
Unless our lords figure out empty shelves = no guests, ten years is a pipe dream.

I think I read somewhere that if a customer picks something up, then puts it down somewhere else on the sales floor, their account is charged a small restocking fee.

As it should be... sounds like they’ll be taking strides to make customers not be inconsiderate assholes.

I know that sounds harsh but if you went into someone else’s home and moved their shit around how do you think that would go down? Not well.

I understand that it’s not an exact parallel here but damn if you’re dropping shit all over the store you don’t want then not only are you extremely inconsiderate but you have MAJOR impulse control issues.

It’s like those people that say “that’s what you get paid for” and it’s part of it, that’s true, but holy hell you don’t have to mindlessly make my job more difficult you blazing asshole.

It’s like those people that say “that’s what you get paid for” and it’s part of it, that’s true, but holy hell you don’t have to mindlessly make my job more difficult you blazing asshole.
I remember my first stroll thru Ikea when they opened in town & having lunch in the cafe.
There were signs posted about keeping prices down by not wasting employees' time cleaning up after diners' tables.
If people knew that they could save a few bucks by not trashing where they shop that could make a difference but you have to balance that against the asshats who simply don't care.

Unless our lords figure out empty shelves = no guests, ten years is a pipe dream.

Yeah exactly. This is the same over-extension of resources Greg did when expanding into Canada, tying up assets in new stores and supply chains while the base of the business (existing stores) suffered funding the projects. This is exactly what Brian is doing, but around remodels and new brands. He funded a temporary sales lift for a year or two, rising on the coattails of the inflated Trump economy, to look good to stock holders. Meanwhile the entire operation is still a house of cards waiting to collapse.

When guests complain that it's dirty or picked over. Who do you think made it that way? Did I drop the Starbucks straw on the floor? Nope. And guess what else? I'm busy shopping for sfs so I'm not picking it up. You don't like it, go shop at Toys R Us. Oh wait. Then go to Kmart. Shit. One last try. Go to Sears. Fuck.

What? Never heard of WalMart?

THAT'S where they go.
drinkbeer.gif

There's a Cartwheel offer for that!

Only if it pays extra for ME. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back