Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So right last minute before we had a visit the LOD had me touch up grocery a bit and when I got to the section with the fruit cups I found a box that was almost COVERED in mold. It was fuzzy but slimy enough for some of the mold to be smeared all over the fucking shelf too. This would also be good for one of the gross threads.
I can deal with other things. Shit. I'm even desensitized to vomit because people like to puke in my store sometimes and it always seems to happen when I'M there. But I fucking cannot deal with mold at all. Fucking disgusting disgusting AGH
I'm honestly shocked at how dirty market is. Last time I zoned it, my fingers were covered in dirt by the time I was done.

While I was backing up on the checklanes yesterday I had a guest be so much of a straight out asshole to me(throwing his stuff up at the register out of his electric cart to boot) that I just up and noped out of there and went back to what I was doing. Felt good.

So right last minute before we had a visit the LOD had me touch up grocery a bit and when I got to the section with the fruit cups I found a box that was almost COVERED in mold. It was fuzzy but slimy enough for some of the mold to be smeared all over the fucking shelf too. This would also be good for one of the gross threads.
I can deal with other things. Shit. I'm even desensitized to vomit because people like to puke in my store sometimes and it always seems to happen when I'M there. But I fucking cannot deal with mold at all. Fucking disgusting disgusting AGH

but cutting hours will make it easier to clean right?

Just gonna fucking dump today because I'm gonna choke someone if I don't, and this thread is great.

So for the past maybe a year or so, flow has been sluggin'. Our leader for when I first started nearly two years ago shifted into backroom the moment our previous BRTL left, and from there we had a GSA who was shoved into the role. She was miserable, but a fairly docile person and therefore pleasant. Unfortunately she ended up getting injured by an overly stacked palette, and now she's on paid leave until she improves. Our current flow leader is our former signing guy, and H O L Y F U C K. He just does not give a single fuck. He yells at people flat out, dicks around and jokes with the people he's friends with, etc. Our trucks take an hour and a half, maybe two hours to unload; mind you these are 2K-2.3K roughly now, but still.

Meanwhile, I am stuck in softlines unload with a bunch of housewives who just simply do not give a fuck. Two older ladies in their late forties who just waddle and gossip, and one girl a few years my senior who goes along with them but at a slightly faster pace. Our SFTL scolded them on Monday. The poor woman is fed up. Flow has been dicking around to the point where afternoon and evening salesfloor have had to take on the leftover workload. She told them flat out that this is it, they need to pick up the pace or they will be written up for "speed is life" or loafing. No talking, no phones, etc. It's either that or they can go work for Walmart and Kmart. Thank Mr. Skeletal for this beautiful human being.

Fast forward to today, and these fuckers are now back to gossiping and bitching about it, mocking the woman. I'm just hoping to god the cameras have audio, and that leaders are watching. Our current flow leader almost never comes by to check on us unless accompanied by the LOG-ETL, but frankly I hope to god they hit the chopping block soon because I am so fucking sick of seeing wonderful teammates suffer because of sluggishness and picking up after these childish, whiny breeders.

I got into an argument with a guest because we couldn't find a price for the item she wanted and we tried to use the my device and our phones. It was taking awhile and didn't help that a team member was watching a lunch for a GSA when there were others who would've done a better job than him. He finally called a softlines team member up and the guest was like "I would like to go home tonight, so you guys need to hurry up and find a price." I looked her right in the eye and said "Do you want the item or not?" She didn't like that I confronted her and we just stood there in silence until the team member came back up with the price. After all that I give her the receipt and she walks away without the item we spent "such a long time" looking for a price for. I would've guessed it didn't take more than 6 minutes. LOL

I got into an argument with a guest because we couldn't find a price for the item she wanted and we tried to use the my device and our phones. It was taking awhile and didn't help that a team member was watching a lunch for a GSA when there were others who would've done a better job than him. He finally called a softlines team member up and the guest was like "I would like to go home tonight, so you guys need to hurry up and find a price." I looked her right in the eye and said "Do you want the item or not?" She didn't like that I confronted her and we just stood there in silence until the team member came back up with the price. After all that I give her the receipt and she walks away without the item we spent "such a long time" looking for a price for. I would've guessed it didn't take more than 6 minutes. LOL

That is when you make up an outrageous but not stupid crazy price. Take it or leave it? You wanna be a bitch you are going to pay for it.

That is when you make up an outrageous but not stupid crazy price. Take it or leave it? You wanna be a bitch you are going to pay for it.
I even asked her if she remembered what the price was and she had no idea. She asked her kids to go order from starbucks and they said are you going to give us money? Ugh rich people with accents from Europe.

Long story short, a guy came into my Self Checkouts with Mucinex and misled me with his DOB and the machine denied him so we restarted the transaction process and instead of softly pressing the touch screen with his fingers to navigate... he used his Mucinex, and he wasn't polite about it. I'll just copy and past the whole post I wrote out on the day it actually happened.

Had a guy in his 50's today at the self-checkout get Cold Medicine and socks. It of course asked for his DOB and which he told me to enter an "obscene" number and told me to put in "01/07/01" and I kind of chuckled thinking "Wow he wants to try putting in his year as 2001." and of course it denied it. He asked me why and I tried to re-enter his DOB for the Mucinex and of course it won't let me re-scan it so I told him "Sorry it thinks you were born in 2001 so you're gonna have to do it in a separate transaction" and of course he got pissed. I just said "Sorry I just put in what you told me" and after he paid for his other two items he picked up his Mucinex and proceeded to bang the screen of the Self-Checkout Register in order to navigate through the menu. Yup, he tried to bang his Mucinex to click "Start" and then we scanned it and of course it asks for his DOB so he bangs the Mucinex on "Help" and I was right there and scanned it and then he decided to tell me his obscene year was actually 1901 and not 2001 and got super snarky at me. He repeated to bang the self-checkout register screen as I navigated it for him and I eventually ended up saying "okay dude banging the damn screen won't help at all" and I pretty much navigated the rest of the way to it accepting his card. Literally I ended up jutting my finger in between his Mucinex and the screen to click it for him, his banging literally did not do anything for him at all lol.

Maybe I'm a retard but most people say "01" as "2001" and not "1901." and you don't gotta wreck my damn register lol god damn. It doesn't let us just put in "01" so I put in 2001 and he didn't say anything. Even stopped to make sure it looked right to him. He never told anyone and walked right out but I went and explained to my manager I just told a guest to stop banging "the damn screen" with his mucinex and all he said was "I would of told him the same thing but not the way you did."

just another day w/ me at the Self Checkouts.

I literally feel like I'm working at walmart doing my store's self checkouts. Guests that check out at a checklane have proven to be much more civil 90% of the time in the event of anything bad or wrong happening.

I went and explained to my manager I just told a guest to stop banging "the damn screen" with his mucinex and all he said was "I would of told him the same thing but not the way you did."
I like the way your manager thinks.

There's a bakery recall, time to go check the fre-
Qw1vHy7l.jpg

Fucking dammit. Nothing is backstocked. I found most of what I was looking for sitting on the floor and unlocated in wacos. Bread in a "Pork Donations" waco. A case of shamrock cookies that expired in July. Looked until my fingers started to hurt, even with gloves on. Took a break and went back in. I'm still missing half a dozen danishes and I don't know if they're sitting somewhere in there, or the onhands are fucked or what.

There's a bakery recall, time to go check the fre-

Fucking dammit. Nothing is backstocked. I found most of what I was looking for sitting on the floor and unlocated in wacos. Bread in a "Pork Donations" waco. A case of shamrock cookies that expired in July. Looked until my fingers started to hurt, even with gloves on. Took a break and went back in. I'm still missing half a dozen danishes and I don't know if they're sitting somewhere in there, or the onhands are fucked or what.

:eek:

My favorite time of year! Inventory day! You may ask why SD would be excited about inventory, well we're not. On any regular day, my desk may see a dozen cans that are out of date or smashed, a dozen more hardlines or softlines items that are damaged. That's OK, happy to help out my team.
Inventory, on the other hand, means aaaaaaaaall the shit that's been hiding behind shelves, all the out of dates that are hiding because flow is overworked and understaffed so they aren't able to rotate stock properly, all comes to SD to be defected out so it doesn't hurt the numbers.
In the space of an afternoon I was sent three carts of just salad dressing that was all expired.
I went through two entire rolls of license plate stickers tossing the expired salad dressing alone.
Why the fuck can't people just follow FIFO? Oh, wait. Overworked and understaffed because we don't have the hours. Fuck you Brian.

Today the FDC driver refused to take our empty pallets (a first, to my knowledge) because he had to pick up things at other stores or however he phrased his excuse (I wasn't there for the actual exchange).
This happened on the same day we get a Redwire about how everybody needs to send back their pallets because the FDC is running out.

Damn right I submitted a feedback form today, those 20+ pallets we now have are taking up space I could have used.

To be fair, 20 pallets takes up the same amount of space as 10 pallets when stacked on the top level.

True, but I was really looking forward to having some extra space for my own pallets of stuff. We got swamped with domestics transition again yesterday and between that and flow's trash I was pretty much out of room put stuff together for a sweep.

Nothing like starting the day with a sore throat because some piece of shit broke two spray bottles of bleach cleaner and left them to sit in a box on the floor in receiving.
Jesus christ. Some of the stuff you deal with in receiving is probably the exact reason why the reciever at my store is almost always in a bad mood

Jesus christ. Some of the stuff you deal with in receiving is probably the exact reason why the reciever at my store is almost always in a bad mood

That is exactly why our receiver is a stone bitch.. Hell I am a bitch and but get even more of a bitch when I see the crap she has to deal with.. People who have zero tolerance or idiocy just get fucking mean when its forced on you everyday.

No crazy shit. (except my spellchecker keeps capitalizing the word Shit - see). Quoting Susan Ivanaova "no boom today, boom tomorrow".

Last edited:
So yeah I got a sales planner that wanted items on peg hooks AND in a shipper at the same time even though there was no way that would work, I found out that some bumblehead was not locating any of the shippers and signing headers so it took me and the STL 20 minutes just to find the god damn windshield wiper shipper.
Also a guest slipped on one of those slime toys that was hiding at the bottom of my cart and had leaked all over the floor.
Today fucking sucked

I agree, today was shitty. First night closing as a Cart Attendant and it's windy... like 45mph gusts windy and a constant 15-18mph breeze. I got so behind, I barely kept up. I checked bathrooms on and off but for sure skipped an hour or two just trying to keep up with carts. My managers didn't seem to be much help in at least motivating me. "Hey we need more carts on Softlines." "Hey, Cart Attendant we need more carts on grocery" just 10-15 minutes later. for a good hour I was back and forth. Around 6pm I FINALLY went on my first 15 after 4 hours of CA. I was supposed to go on it 30 minutes earlier but guests were devouring up whatever carts I managed to get in and I needed adequate carts to go on break.

I got 4 rows on Grocery and two rows on softlines side and softlines side was barely touched but I came back to only 7 carts on Grocery side. Around 7pm though as the sun was setting, the wind died and traffic went down. I got a good amount of carts in to take my meal finally around 7:15. Carts were looking real good and I had one last 15 to take so I got all the carts in on Softlines side and went on break with plans to go out to Grocery and try to get all those carts.

Turns out I'm an idiot for not giving myself time to get the Stroller carts.. God those things are the absolute worst. Had maybe 8 to haul in; two at a time. I paid the price due to Mother Nature today and maybe I'll leave CA to the ones who actually can deal with being a CA. I was off at 9:30 on schedule but didn't leave until 9:55. I actually got most of the remaining carts in by 9:30 but I spent a majority of my time hauling in those god damn baby carts and venting to myself about customers who decided to bring their carts out full of... nothing. That seriously pissed me off. There were straggled carts everywhere, and I'm sure the moment I walk into work again tomorrow to Cashier I'm gonna be talked to for leaving all those theres.. woopsie. Don't care really actually it was only like 4 carts with in one stall and a few on the Pharmacy Parking Lot.

After tomorrow I would of never ran to an ETL or GSTL so fast asking to not be scheduled for carts ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back