Archived Theres a HRTM position open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i usually just scroll through to see what positions are open at my store, and there's a HR position open. Electronics is just getting ridiculous, and i've wanted to do cross train elsewhere. How do i go and ask for this?

The most obvious answer is probably the right one. This may be your first test in getting the position. Making the schedule takes a lot of problem solving ability. Time to see if you can pass the test!

Apply for it.

Then tell a leader in the building that you trust and will back you.

We have some HR TM's here that can assist you further.

Can you multitask?
Answering questions while assembling interview packets & doing MyTime schedule edits are just a few of the skills you need to develop.
Learning how to answer the good, the bad & the downright ugly employment-related questions; tamping down gossip & protecting TMs' personal info; knowing where to find answers to the unexpected; remaining neutral & diplomatic when TMs show their worst side, just to name a few.

So i usually just scroll through to see what positions are open at my store, and there's a HR position open. Electronics is just getting ridiculous, and i've wanted to do cross train elsewhere. How do i go and ask for this?

I was an external hire to HR but Lur transferred over from the front end so he will be the best reference.

The big things that helped in my interview were building repoire with the ETL HR. You will essentially be their assistant, sometimes a wonderful thing and other times a painful thing. The other duties are things you can learn as you go. Key will be showing you can stay organized, problem solve and work independently since quite a few of your shifts ETL HR wont be there.

Also if you arent a people person you will have to be. Lots of phone calls. Calling people on LOA, calling applicants, calling people to fill a shift even though 90 percent of people will reject your offer.

Last edited:
Apply for it and let your leaders know especially your HR ETL. I love the position. Like someone mentioned it comes with a lot of responsibilites and tasks. You have to be trustworthy and keep confidential information safe. You have to be great at problem solving, dealing with upset team members and team leaders.
Good luck and keep us updated.

If i'm interested in the position, how do i apply for it? Do i just ask the ETL-HR if i can apply for the position? The ETL knows that i want to move up and become ETL one day and has enjoyed me ever since i moved from MarketSource to Target.
Seems like an interesting job, and something very much unique. I love problem solving and keeping occupied.

Thank you guys for the support!

Ok will do tomorrow when i get into work. I probably won't see the eHR until atleast Monday, because he's only morning time and i start late the next few shifts. Should i go in the morning and ask? It's right next to my gym, so theres no issue.

Ok will do tomorrow when i get into work. I probably won't see the eHR until atleast Monday, because he's only morning time and i start late the next few shifts. Should i go in the morning and ask? It's right next to my gym, so theres no issue.

The sooner the better :)

I agree with HRZone, the sooner the better. I can imagine there will be several people interested and if they make an external posting, there will be quite a few externals applying. At my store they prefer internal applicants, someone who is neutral, friendly and approachable with excellent attendance.

Alright, going to go in after my workout and ask! Hopefully it isn't his day off, ?75 I know if I go in before I start he for sure won't be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back