Archived think i need to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(
so long story short i cant get them to actually cooperate with my available hours ive talked to multiple people
and even wrote down when i can work as asked yet no change. and theyre FUNNY if they think just scheduling me will get me to come in.
sooo anyways how do i go about quitting?? because like i cant make my next two shifts... im callig tomorrow to call out, should i bring it up to the LOD?

did you change your availability on the computer yet? Or did you just write it down somewhere?

yup auto denied twice. ive been trying go get it fixed for weeks, i gave them pleeeenty of time. i told them it got autodenied and i cant work so he had me write down wjen i cant claiming hed work around it but ya nope

Do what I did tell your ETL and tell them this needs to be done now and go with them to the computer it took me months to get them to cut it out even with it approved on the computer. They finally got the idea when I went to them everytime it was wrong and told them I won't be here and it's approved in the computer so y'all gotta find someone else. They're obviously not seeing/ignoring it if it's auto denying so make sure someone sits there and approved it.

i cant even mKe any of the shift so i cant tak to them? plus i can never find anyone in my store. i was just wondering how i go about quitting cos im kinda done here lol...
like can i call?

If you are sure that you just want to quit and you are not going to give a notice. I would just call them or go in and tell them that you are going to quit ( since they wouldn't resolve the issue). You wont be "marked" as rehire able but if you are sure you wont to quit then that doesn't matter .

If you are sure that you just want to quit and you are not going to give a notice. I would just call them or go in and tell them that you are going to quit ( since they wouldn't resolve the issue). You wont be "marked" as rehire able but if you are sure you wont to quit then that doesn't matter .
ok so can i call and ask for the LOD? and say im not coming in anymore?

ok so can i call and ask for the LOD? and say im not coming in anymore?
Yeah you can. You don't have to explain to them why...its your right to quit. Just tell them that you wont be coming in anymore and you quit. If they ask why you can tell them its over your availability .At least by calling they will have some time to fill your shift etc...versus youjust not showing up. Of course on the other hand you tried telling them you couldn't work anyways...so they should had already figured out coverage anyways. Good luck with things!

Last edited:
Yes ask for LOD and " I have put in multiple availability requests all of which were auto denied, meaning leadership never looked at them so this is a surprise to you but I can no longer work at your store. Have a nice day. I will not be back, ever." Click..

ok thanks. i feel kinda bad doing this though lol. and my store os closed today i need to do it tomorrow and im actually scheduled tomorrow but since i have school ill have to call just under 2 hours before my shift is this ok?

Beachypeachy, your concern for doing things the correct way is admirable and is probably a good indication that you are a good worker. However, by not honoring your availability, the Store's Team Leadership has demonstrated they have no respect for you or the work you do.

Since you are quitting, when you call in is irrelevant. Letting them know two hours before, when you are due to start your shift, or never will basically get you on the do not rehire list.

Personally, I would just do a call out two hours before your shift. If they ask why, tell them you will be in later in the day to explain. As soon as you can after your classes go in and see the highest ranking ETL on duty (preferably it would be the STL or HR-TL) and tell them exactly what Bosch wrote above earlier. Then hand them your name tag and TM discount card. This will give them one last chance to make things right with you. If they just accept it and don't try to fix it right then and there, say goodbye, turn around, walk out of the store, and never look back or regret you did it.

Yea, auto denied basically means your ETL is forgetting to look at mytime requests. It's them being lazy.

If I was you, I'd talk to the STL directly and let them know that you are quitting (increasing turnover) specifically because your ETL cannot handle managing their teams schedule needs. Which is a clear cut responsibility of your ETL.

You know at least a week (most times more) in advance of when they make the schedule. As soon as it comes out and you see there is an issue, you need to bring it up in person to HR and your ETL. It's not just Target, it will be at other places that have more than 5 employees that work there that there will be some conflict with your availability, it's your responsibility to point out there error and get it fixed. It's not difficult to do, and Target also has a time swap sheet for others to pick up the hours you can't work, and trust me you there are people who want the house. You have had plenty of opportunities to get things fixed, and have not.

Quitting and blaming others is taking the easy and lazy way out with excuses. You are empowered to get things fixed and communicate. I can't stress this enough, ANY work place can and will mess up your availability. It isn't just Target. Waiting almost two weeks and the day before your shift to tell them there is an issue is your fault. (Yes I know you wrote down the hours, yet the schedule is still done in advance to get it fixed) Learn your mistakes now, so it will make further employment with any other company that much easier. I am assuming this is one of your very first jobs. There is a learning curve. If you like working there, call out the day you need to and go in on your off time and talk to them and put the other shift you can't work on the swap sheet. If you don't like working there, move on and know the responsibility and rights you have to fix things at your new employment.

Good chance it can just be fixed by the ETL you gave the written down days you can work and be no issue by just talking to them. Yet you want to just quit. At least it'll free up hours for those who want it at least.

You know at least a week (most times more) in advance of when they make the schedule. As soon as it comes out and you see there is an issue, you need to bring it up in person to HR and your ETL. It's not just Target, it will be at other places that have more than 5 employees that work there that there will be some conflict with your availability, it's your responsibility to point out there error and get it fixed. It's not difficult to do, and Target also has a time swap sheet for others to pick up the hours you can't work, and trust me you there are people who want the house. You have had plenty of opportunities to get things fixed, and have not.

Quitting and blaming others is taking the easy and lazy way out with excuses. You are empowered to get things fixed and communicate. I can't stress this enough, ANY work place can and will mess up your availability. It isn't just Target. Waiting almost two weeks and the day before your shift to tell them there is an issue is your fault. (Yes I know you wrote down the hours, yet the schedule is still done in advance to get it fixed) Learn your mistakes now, so it will make further employment with any other company that much easier. I am assuming this is one of your very first jobs. There is a learning curve. If you like working there, call out the day you need to and go in on your off time and talk to them and put the other shift you can't work on the swap sheet. If you don't like working there, move on and know the responsibility and rights you have to fix things at your new employment.

Good chance it can just be fixed by the ETL you gave the written down days you can work and be no issue by just talking to them. Yet you want to just quit. At least it'll free up hours for those who want it at least.
I think that if you read the OPs post they have tried several times to fix the issue at hand. They submitted it via computer AND talked to them in person so I am pretty sure that qualifies as trying to get things fixed. I also ( IMO) don't think the OP was blaming anyone . They simply stated they had tried to get the problem fixed and it wasn't so the option they were left with and or chose to pursue was to quit. The OP tried to resolve the issue and it wasn't fixed if quitting is an option for them and works for them...then its their choice. The OP or any tm shouldn't have to hold their breath every single week ...hoping and praying that Spot abides by their availability. Lest, we forget that's what Mytime was suppose to do...ONLY schedule youbased on your availability...we see how well that worked . Yes, accidents happen with the schedule...if its a one time thing then sure you can overlook that but if its every week or once or twice a month that's another story . The OP shouldn't have to find someone to cover their shift...they shouldn't had been scheduled to begin with !

Last edited:

First job? Just like the ETL who was derelict in their job of not bothering to read their e-mails or listen when an employee follows up on the failed official channel. OP is showing a maturity that the so called leadership can't pull off.

Not having it this morning. :)

I did read it. I also read their other posts. They used one option, and that was going to the same person who "was" messing up and putting in a computer that auto denied it. If it doesn't change or becomes fixed, it is on you to get it fixed by either going to the source, or above the source. It's that simple. If you don't get paid you don't just say " oh it auto denied my pay, let me talk to the person who messed it up." you will get it fixed through all options, and not just sit on it and "hold their breath" and keep talking to the same person.

They (ETL) do have a boss, and target has a HR department for a reason. The fact remains they were scheduled almost 2 weeks prior and this is the only action they took. Hold their breath? It's not hard to look at it and say " Oh its outside my hours, I need to get this fixed right away". If it isn't fixed, then move to the next person who will. Blame the ETL all you want, and it falls on them also, but both could have fixed this before the day the shifts start. This is why people get burnt out and pissed at people calling out. You can put the shifts on the shift sheets, or get it fixed. Neither was done and it's the fault of of both.Yet now someone is going to call out and possibly quit over something so mundane as either the ETL or system fucking up. Other people will now have to pick up their hours on short notice, or run the risk of not being able to fill and overwork people because of the fault of two people.

Both people have rights and responsibilities. Neither have used them correctly. The fact the op says they couldn't even find anyone in the store "over weeks" tells me how serious and the effort put in to get this fixed. I'd bet your next pay check this is how it played out. Op tries to put in a change, gets auto denied. Two days later they do it again, same thing. They then wait a few days and find the ETL and mentions it, gives ETL the had written note on what days they can work. They lose it, or the system is fucked and nothing is changed and OP is scheduled as normal or they just talked to the ELT right when the schedule is made or after. OP looks at it a few days later and sees scheduled wrong hours, and is mad and worried. Now it's on the breakroom asking how to quit. At my store HR makes the schedule and if you haven't changed your availability online, then whatever you told your ETL (it should, but I wouldn't chance it with some dude slaving 50+hrs a week) doesn't count.

It's just so silly and fixable, and no reason to quit. Why should that even be an option unless you dislike working at target (or anywhere) over something so simple. If it's not for you, then asking the internet for opinions on how to quit isn't the way to go. Just do it, move on and learn from mistakes target/previous employer/yourself have done, and grow from the experience as a worker and make more money and enjoy it!

To OP, you will run into 3 different types of people on this board. Those who think Target owes them 15+ an hour for folding clothing, and stick it to the man burn it down because evil corporation. Those who are pro management only, and say Spot can't be wrong, and then there are those who hold neither view point and give the best advice they can rightfully or wrongfully.

God I am bored and don't want to do homework.

I did read it. I also read their other posts. They used one option, and that was going to the same person who "was" messing up and putting in a computer that auto denied it. If it doesn't change or becomes fixed, it is on you to get it fixed by either going to the source, or above the source. It's that simple. If you don't get paid you don't just say " oh it auto denied my pay, let me talk to the person who messed it up." you will get it fixed through all options, and not just sit on it and "hold their breath" and keep talking to the same person.

They (ETL) do have a boss, and target has a HR department for a reason. The fact remains they were scheduled almost 2 weeks prior and this is the only action they took. Hold their breath? It's not hard to look at it and say " Oh its outside my hours, I need to get this fixed right away". If it isn't fixed, then move to the next person who will. Blame the ETL all you want, and it falls on them also, but both could have fixed this before the day the shifts start. This is why people get burnt out and pissed at people calling out. You can put the shifts on the shift sheets, or get it fixed. Neither was done and it's the fault of of both.Yet now someone is going to call out and possibly quit over something so mundane as either the ETL or system fucking up. Other people will now have to pick up their hours on short notice, or run the risk of not being able to fill and overwork people because of the fault of two people.

Both people have rights and responsibilities. Neither have used them correctly. The fact the op says they couldn't even find anyone in the store "over weeks" tells me how serious and the effort put in to get this fixed. I'd bet your next pay check this is how it played out. Op tries to put in a change, gets auto denied. Two days later they do it again, same thing. They then wait a few days and find the ETL and mentions it, gives ETL the had written note on what days they can work. They lose it, or the system is fucked and nothing is changed and OP is scheduled as normal or they just talked to the ELT right when the schedule is made or after. OP looks at it a few days later and sees scheduled wrong hours, and is mad and worried. Now it's on the breakroom asking how to quit. At my store HR makes the schedule and if you haven't changed your availability online, then whatever you told your ETL (it should, but I wouldn't chance it with some dude slaving 50+hrs a week) doesn't count.

It's just so silly and fixable, and no reason to quit. Why should that even be an option unless you dislike working at target (or anywhere) over something so simple. If it's not for you, then asking the internet for opinions on how to quit isn't the way to go. Just do it, move on and learn from mistakes target/previous employer/yourself have done, and grow from the experience as a worker and make more money and enjoy it!

To OP, you will run into 3 different types of people on this board. Those who think Target owes them 15+ an hour for folding clothing, and stick it to the man burn it down because evil corporation. Those who are pro management only, and say Spot can't be wrong, and then there are those who hold neither view point and give the best advice they can rightfully or wrongfully.

God I am bored and don't want to do homework.

Or those who think they must be given a full 40 hr work week

I can see what you mean but at the same time it took me months repeating myself just to get them to stop scheduling me over my availability and because she has mentioned over and over to them and put it in the computer twice it's not her fault at all at this point.

For not finding someone for weeks it isn't that crazy of a scenario. When I had issues everyone who was there told me to talk to my ETL but she worked shifts I didn't, I even tried coming in on a day off and wasn't able to find her. So some stores want you to go to a certain person and if it was kind of like my scenario you won't find them before the schedule is the current schedule. I stuck notes on her desk too and it finally got taken care of but sometimes it's not that easy just finding someone and doing it.

Just keep in mind that if you quit without giving 2 weeks notice, you will be marked as NOT rehire-able. Not a big deal if you have another job lined up or you have a long work history that demonstrates you are a reliable worker. However, if you don't have either of these scenarios to back you up, it may be difficult to get another job. A prospective employer will take a negative view of someone whose former employer doesn't want them back. They may see you as too big of a risk.

If you have to call in, call in; but quitting without giving notice can dog you in the future.

Would she be non-rehirable at her store or all targets? I've heard if you quit w/o notice no target will hire you. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Would she be non-rehirable at her store or all targets? I've heard if you quit w/o notice no target will hire you. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

All Targets, unless you have connections with an Executive from another store who is willing to change your status.

The Op needs to sit down with their gstl again & discuss their availabity. Please include a copy of the changes from ehr. There could be a chance that their requests are going to another etl email.
SWAPPING SHIFTS??

yeah thats what i was trying to avoid the whole non rehirable. honestly i am a good worker for target and all the people like me and i just dont want it to go down that way, but i cant work any of my shifts for the next two weeks, so i dont know what to do.
also... i myself know i tried to get it fixed and its at the point where theres nothing else i can do. i talked to many people and was told it would get taken care of, only to check the schedule and see it didnt, went back and talked to someone again, said itll get taken care of, and guess what? it didnt get taken care of. i honestly dont care what u think because i know what i did. i gave them plenty of notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back