Archived Thinking about transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Target I work for is.... well its going downhill right now. I honestly wanted to leave months ago but wanted to tough it out and hopefully change my mind. From the outside looking in, you'd think this Target is amazing. Everything seemed so nice and organized. But, the store isn't that great. They have terrible management for one. Hours are already cut so it’s not worth working with bad management AND bad hours. It also doesn't help the store when a lot of people are either putting in their 2 weeks or actively looking for another job. I also just want to transfer for my own personal reasons. I enjoy working at a store with a P Fresh and just overall bigger Target. I have a friend who use to work at my Target and recently got transferred to the Target I’m trying to transfer to because he was seasonal. I have heard nothing but good things and would love to work there. Everything should check out as far as my near perfect attendance and no disciplinary actions, etc. etc. I have transferred before, but it was mainly because I moved and had no choice. Both these Targets are about the same distance so that’s not really a legit reason. Do I need to give a legit reason to transfer? I do know my current Target would do whatever it takes to keep me here.

Last edited:
How long have you been with Target? What department or area are you specialized at?
I've been with Target for a little over 3 years. I'm specialized in the front end and Fullfilment and Backroom.

Ck out the other store at different times. Also, you may need your stl blessing.
Yeah, I'm sure he isn't going to want to move me, but it is what it is.

Are you sure this isn't a "the grass is greener" thing? As you say, from the outside looking in, your current store looks great. No work place is perfect, and you might be trading one set of bad circumstances for another.

Unless the stores are super close together, just say you're moving again and the other store will be closer. It's not like your HR is gonna come help you pack lol.

Yeah, I'm sure he isn't going to want to move me, but it is what it is.
He doesn't have to approve your transfer either.
There are plenty of threads on here about TMs left in transfer limbo because their current store wouldn't let them go.

There are plenty of threads on here about TMs left in transfer limbo because their current store wouldn't let them go.
Take me for example . Still waiting . Because apparently the bussines still needs me.

Are you sure this isn't a "the grass is greener" thing? As you say, from the outside looking in, your current store looks great. No work place is perfect, and you might be trading one set of bad circumstances for another.
Yeah I get what you're saying. You never want to transfer and it's worse than before lol. When I first came here, everything seemed great. But at the same time, it seemed too good to be true. I had a few team members tell me to "stay away from_____" but I just figured it was BS. I didn't start to see the bad management until probably a month in. I was honestly ready to leave back in November, but I figured maybe it would get better. Out of all the Targets I've worked, I'd say this one is the worse.
Unless the stores are super close together, just say you're moving again and the other store will be closer. It's not like your HR is gonna come help you pack lol.
They are about 20 minutes away. That was honestly what I was going to tell them. Like you said, it's not like HR is going to help me pack anyway lol
Yeah I completely understand. I have transferred before(twice actually) because I was moving and because I was sent to help another store for about month and half so I know the chances of them not approving the transfer. I never gotten denied, I just had the treatment of them "prolonging the transfer" hoping I'd change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back