Archived This happen in all stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity did all stores that have a Sr. TL HR require them to lose their keys with the OP model change? I wanted to know if this was just an excuse so all seniors didn't ask to lose keys and the HR wasn't getting special treatment.

I ask because I think it is highly unfair that there is no compensation for keeping my keys now. I don't get the "hazard pay" or "key pay" anymore it's just built into my hourly wage now. I don't want the responsibility of closing any longer or any other responsibilities that come with holding keys.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this or how to approach the subject?
Yes this is true but also at the SD discretion

Its the same thought process behind regular tms being DBOs. They are condensing pay grades and increasing responsibilities. It is my understanding that any tls being hired this point forward should be key carriers or will eventually get them after 90 days.

Its the same thought process behind regular tms being DBOs. They are condensing pay grades and increasing responsibilities. It is my understanding that any tls being hired this point forward should be key carriers or will eventually get them after 90 days.
Ka ching!

Keys can only be taken away in 3 situations:

*Termination
*Demotion/Transfer
*At the discretion of the SD in conduct situations. Anytime a conduct CCA is issued the SD at that time can take keys away.

Unfortunately, all prior SRTL's are still required to have keys and cannot ask to give keys back and keep your same rate of position/pay. SD's can schedule any safe/secure trained current key holding TL's to close no matter the current TL's position to covers vacations or gaps in coverage. TL's require open availability (unless prior approved) .Can't think of a way to get you off the "potential closer" list unless the SD approves it. Doubtful as it doesn't help the business need as each store has a minimum safe/secure key holding leader count.

Good luck!

Just out of curiosity did all stores that have a Sr. TL HR require them to lose their keys with the OP model change? I wanted to know if this was just an excuse so all seniors didn't ask to lose keys and the HR wasn't getting special treatment.

I ask because I think it is highly unfair that there is no compensation for keeping my keys now. I don't get the "hazard pay" or "key pay" anymore it's just built into my hourly wage now. I don't want the responsibility of closing any longer or any other responsibilities that come with holding keys.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this or how to approach the subject?
Op model spells out that HR and AP are not eligible to be key carriers anymore unless you are at ETL level. Only exception is for small formats

Keys can only be taken away in 3 situations:

*Termination
*Demotion/Transfer
*At the discretion of the SD in conduct situations. Anytime a conduct CCA is issued the SD at that time can take keys away.

Unfortunately, all prior SRTL's are still required to have keys and cannot ask to give keys back and keep your same rate of position/pay. SD's can schedule any safe/secure trained current key holding TL's to close no matter the current TL's position to covers vacations or gaps in coverage. TL's require open availability (unless prior approved) .Can't think of a way to get you off the "potential closer" list unless the SD approves it. Doubtful as it doesn't help the business need as each store has a minimum safe/secure key holding leader count.

Good luck!

I get all of that, but I can't "demote" because there is no title or pay difference for TL with keys. Also my point is not all leaders have keys so that also is not fair. I would gladly give money back to not have keys as if it were the days of a pay difference. I don't want to get out of my open availability or anything.

I don't want to be relied on to close on weekends or be required to be on a weekend rotation. I will gladly work weekends just not on the every other rotation. For example I would work 2 weekends in a row then be off for 2. This way not to screw over the other leaders on my weekend and their rotation if they had to cover for me.

I DON’T want keys. NEVER did. Turned down numerous SRTL offers (that WOULD HAVE come with a substantial pay raise) over and over cause I didn’t want keys. Fast forward :
I am being FORCED to accept keys with NOT a PENNY incentive! Stupid me I guess. If I had taken them last year I would be making 160.00 more per week (turned down increase of 4./hr) and be in the exact same position as I am now (except without the additional $8,320./year income)!
And they have the nerve to ask me why I don’t want keys now. Ummmm, cause last year I didn’t want them for 8K, why would I want them for zero K?)

I DON’T want keys. NEVER did. Turned down numerous SRTL offers (that WOULD HAVE come with a substantial pay raise) over and over cause I didn’t want keys. Fast forward :
I am being FORCED to accept keys with NOT a PENNY incentive! Stupid me I guess. If I had taken them last year I would be making 160.00 more per week (turned down increase of 4./hr) and be in the exact same position as I am now (except without the additional $8,320./year income)!
And they have the nerve to ask me why I don’t want keys now. Ummmm, cause last year I didn’t want them for 8K, why would I want them for zero K?)
It's absolutely ridiculous that being a key holder doesn't come with at least a modest pay bump. Is this company wide? Opening and closing the store is definitely a big increase in responsibility - it should come with some kind of financial benefit.

The new modernization model eliminated GSA’s and SRTL. ALL TL should be key carriers now at their TL base pay of PG45.
Which is 4.00 more than TM (for the added tasks, leadership role, responsibility and carrying keys)

TL with experience are in the same situation as tm with experience. Just like the tm that has been learning things for 5 years got bumped to 13.00 and the brand new first day tm got hired at 13.00. The TL that KNOWS everything is at 17.00 EXACTLY the SAME as the brand new never stepped foot in Target before new hire TL.
In fact, (no proof that this is accurate), I was told that to get some TL in the door they were offered MORE than I am making after 12 pay raises !

Last edited:
The new modernization model eliminated GSA’s and SRTL. ALL TL should be key carriers now at their TL base pay of PG45.
Hmm, I think we have at least two Leads who don't have keys, a GMTL who used to be Backroom and an SETL. But we aren't fully Modernized yet, still in transition. Today they finally announced that LOD no longer exists, lol.

Of course it depends on HOW MANY TL a store has too. If a store has a LOT of TL it’s not necessary that they ALL have keys. But the ones that DO and the ones that DON’T have NO pay difference.

Those of us that don't have keys can be forced to take them with no pay raise either. Not looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back