Archived This is 8 months late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always been meaning to type one of these. I left Target last year. My last day was New Years Eve.

I don't regret Target at all. It provided me with income to get my first car, an apartment, and it really forced me to discover another career path. I tried to make a career in retail work, I wanted to be one of those rare people climbing from TM to ETL. Unfortunately that never happened, never even made it to TL even after bringing it up a bunch. Shame too, I was the backroom trainer, digital advisor, TM of the month, ETLs would occasionally mail me thank you cards, and for a while if I wanted hours, all I had to do was ask and I'd get them. I was pretty much the person people would come to for all things backroom. I drank that red Kool Aid hard.

A series of changes in management at my store early last year and the decline in hours started to force my hand to get out of Target.

I went and got my CDL, and became a truck driver. I still have my bachelor's degree, hope to use it eventually.

I do sometimes miss my time at spot, mostly the being home everyday part and not working 7 days a week but I'm glad I made the decision that I did.

Always good to hear people find success here or elsewhere. Blessings to you

Congrats on the new path!

I went and got my CDL, and became a truck driver.
How easy or hard was it to get there? I've been considering doing that recently since I love driving and don't have many commitments at home.

Congrats on the new path!

How easy or hard was it to get there? I've been considering doing that recently since I love driving and don't have many commitments at home.

If you have a good driving, criminal, health record, don't do drugs, and your employment history isn't awful you can get into a truck driving school or company sponsored program easily. I went to a community college for my CDL and was able to get it paid for by the government since I was making so little at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back