Archived Thoughts on Integrated Guest Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBanana

Sr GSTL
My ancient store is going under remodel next month and our front end is going to be one of the first things that changes (backrooms go first). Our current GS area is going to become a Starbucks (YES!) and we're getting IGS.

From what I understand, IGS will be three express lanes, guest services, and flexible fulfillment pick-up. We already use guest services for quick checkouts when we get slightly backed up at the front, but I'm interested to see how the new IGS/Starbucks remodel has been treating others? Is it constantly backing up? Is it more organized? Mountains of things to defect sitting around?

I'm torn between being excited (about the Starbucks, mostly) and a sense of impending doom.

We're about 3 months removed from our remodel. Ours hasn't been as bad as we thought it would be. Guests will be overly confused and ornery about it at first (none of ours could read the HUGE overhead sign that was put up, or the 3 signs that said 'the service desk has moved to express 1,2,3' as they walked in the door"), but overall it's been good. The only major problem has been the lanes we lost in the process. We went from 18 to 13, and the front end is sorely missing those 5 lanes with the craziness of the holidays.

My store has it, and it seems to operate smoothly. But I don't work in Guest Services anymore so I can't say for sure :)

As a GSA I'm sure its nice since its right in sight of the stacked checkout lanes, so you can bounce between GS + Lanes easier :)

I find that a PFresh remodel (during and the store operations after) is literally the worst thing that can happen to a Target.

IGS is also not terrible, but it's not great either. It just is.

How's the flow? At my store when you walk in, GS is on the left and express is on the right. Do guests go around one spot to IGS, or do they try to swim upstream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back