Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
So basically I just randomly stumbled across this last night on Youtube -- there are 4 episodes, warning #1, warning #2, and warning #3. What are everyone's thoughts? I mean obviously the guy is a total idiot for not following the rules after being told, but we also don't enforce a lot of those rules at my store..

We are definitely allowed to have our phones on the sales floor, I've sold tons of extra product because I needed to google something for a guest and the 'Browser' app on the Zebra doesn't work. Obviously, you have to wear a name tag with your name, but there have been a few days where I have forgotten mine and they just tell me to go grab a new team member one for the day. The dress code issue is pretty dumb, it DOES say solid red, so he doesn't really have an argument there. Do you guys feel like this was a fair firing or was it out of line? And no -- I'm not defending the idiot at all, his amount of disrespect is completely mindblowing. But I feel like this store is SUPER strict -- or my store is super not strict? Which is it?

Also.. golden rule. We call them guests at target, not customers, dude.

Warning #1:

Warning #2:

Warning #3:

Termination:

He was lucky he didn't get fired the first time for using the gift cards.
After that he was skating on thin ice, anything he did was going to be written up.
They performanced him out.
Was his firing fair?
Maybe not, but it was totally legal.

He was lucky he didn't get fired the first time for using the gift cards.
After that he was skating on thin ice, anything he did was going to be written up.
They performanced him out.
Was his firing fair?
Maybe not, but it was totally legal.
I know, I was shocked by that too! We’ve had tons of TMs fired right away for taking just one gift card!

When a TM takes & uses a giftcard, AP watches to see if it was a one-time thing.
Any more than that sets a pattern & they're termed after the third time.
My store doesn't coach for theft because the TM won't stop because someone saw them; they'll just be more subtle.

"How come nobody talked to me before?"

Bitch, you've been coached 3 times and video taped it.

A lot of this really doesn't apply to my store, particularly dress code and phones. We have to wear red as our dominant color, but we can have stripes, plaid, or logos. We also get away with some really purplish shades of red. We're encouraged to wear the t-shirts Target hands out or sells on the Bullseye shop. And I do use my phone on the sales floor to help guests, because I can't reliably get a zebra or browbeat it into working.

That said, he should get termed based on his conduct in the third coaching alone. As soon as he tried to walk away, it was obvious they just can't have him around. He doesn't listen. Has to be told the same damn thing over and over and over, then claims nobody ever told him. Ain't nobody at Target got time for that shit. He seems like just about the most frustrating person to deal with.

Last edited:
Here is the gist of the videos:

After getting away with just a warning for pocketing guests' gift cards (1st video), he was talked to again twice (2 more chances) and asked to correct 3 simple things:
1. Wear a solid red shirt with no logos on it.
2. Put on a name tag with his real name on it.
3. Not have his cellphone out while working.

Instead of accepting feedback and changing his behavior, this moron proceeds to argue over these minor things and continue doing what he wanted (2nd and 3rd video). Then, he acts like he was a clueless victim when he got termed for not being brand (4th video) even though he was warned about "consequences" during the 3rd video. Smh.

Last edited:
$300 on shirts?

15JUkiy.gif

That boy ain't right.

These videos look like cancer. Can someone give me a summary?

We are definitely allowed to have our phones on the sales floor

Target does have a policy that says that TMs can voluntarily use their phones to assist guests (but any charges incurred will not be paid for by Target). I don't recall that there is any rule that says that leaders can't restrict us from using our phones on the floor though. In this guy's case, the leader in the 2nd video wanted him away from his phone in order to focus on helping guests at Self-Checkout and improve their work center's terrible scores.

Obviously, you have to wear a name tag with your name, but there have been a few days where I have forgotten mine and they just tell me to go grab a new team member one for the day.

Using a temporary New Team Member badge for a day is fine. The guy in the video wanted to be like Amy from Superstore and thought it would be funny to put on names that weren't his but he ended up annoying his leaders.

The dress code issue is pretty dumb, it DOES say solid red, so he doesn't really have an argument there.

Yeah, the guy can wear his $300 logo tees all he wants if it is his day off but not to work. The reason we avoid graphics and logos is because certain ones can be considered offensive to other people. Also, we don't want to be promoting non-Target affiliated brands on-the-clock.

Do you guys feel like this was a fair firing or was it out of line? And no -- I'm not defending the idiot at all, his amount of disrespect is completely mindblowing. But I feel like this store is SUPER strict -- or my store is super not strict? Which is it?

I felt like they should have fired him during the 1st video and saved themselves the hassle that occurred in the next 3 videos. I mean, the lady from the 1st video said that they noticed him keeping guests' gift cards on several occasions already so it wasn't a one-time thing. :rolleyes:

I don't think this store is SUPER strict, at least based on what I saw on the 4 videos. I thought that they were pretty lenient on the gift card violation so in that aspect, their store is actually less strict.

Also.. golden rule. We call them guests at target, not customers, dude.

lol Right!

Can someone give me a summary?

See my post above (#10). ;)

Last edited:
Most of the people who get fired don't take responsibility for their actions. Nothing to see here.

Dude literally stole from the store... and they didnt fire him?
The fuck

It's not that simple. We have team members who stole 5 dollar promo gift cards from guest only get put on a final. Due to the severity of the offense.

Last edited:
It's not that simple. We have team members who stole 5 dollar promo gift cards from guest get put on a final. Due to the severity of the offense.

And he was a TM in his first 120 days.... where was his final. Dude got a coaching for stealing from guests/target

Dude literally stole from the store... and they didnt fire him?
The fuck

Right?! I looked at the Corrective Action Guidelines and it says that, "Theft or attempted theft of guest(s), fellow team member(s), or company property, information, or services, whether retail or non-retail, and regardless of amount involved," is an automatic termination.

Last edited:
I didn't watch all of them, but either the guy is hoping his shit'll go viral or something and he'll be the next asshole-on-youtube-strikes-it-rich or he really just is a shining example of the entitled, mediocre white guy who has never had to work for a damn thing in his life and thinks the world owes him something all the same.

GTFO.

Hooly shit.. this is a store I've been to lol. The last video where he's shocked no one has apparently spoken to him about anything.. dying.

Target does have a policy that says that TMs can voluntarily use their phones to assist guests (but any charges incurred will not be paid for by Target). I don't recall that there is any rule that says that leaders can't restrict us from using our phones on the floor though. In this guy's case, the leader in the 2nd video wanted him away from his phone in order to focus on helping guests at Self-Checkout and improve their work center's terrible scores.

I could see using a phone in hardlines. You don't need a phone at SCO

Don't understand how anyone uses their phone at SCO without another guest, a TM, or even your GSTL yelling at you...

I get asked guests if I get paid to just stand there and watch SCO(while not being on my phone or doing anything because there are no red lights), and this guy can sit on his phone at SCO and not get bothered lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back