Pricing and Presentation Ticketing order in style

Why does the new pricing say ticket all the clearance racks first? For years and years it was always do tables with locations first then all the mixed up racks last. The best practice claims it’s just to get a bunch of clearance done in one block but it still seems weird after so many years of being told the opposite. I just got pricing back after 4-5 years.

Why does the new pricing say ticket all the clearance racks first? For years and years it was always do tables with locations first then all the mixed up racks last. The best practice claims it’s just to get a bunch of clearance done in one block but it still seems weird after so many years of being told the opposite. I just got pricing back after 4-5 years.
You should always do the clearance racks FIRST to get all the salvage off the clearance racks. And move the 30 to 50 and 50 to 70 racks. Then as you find clearance on other racks you can move it directly to a clearance rack.

This has always been best practice.

You should always do the clearance racks FIRST to get all the salvage off the clearance racks. And move the 30 to 50 and 50 to 70 racks. Then as you find clearance on other racks you can move it directly to a clearance rack.

This has always been best practice.
Interesting. The 7-8 years I did pricing before that was not the process. That’s going to be hard to unlearn.

Like Ash said, always clearance racks first to create room for new first markdowns that need to move back. Only difference is now we don't have to separate the percentages (just sizes, and tops vs. bottoms vs. dresses), it's all mixed because the signs give a range now, 30-70% off.

Also keep in mind per best practice, only full programs/sections on clearance can stay in place on the floorpad and be signed where they are. If only 2/3 of a table goes clearance, you have to move all that to the clearance racks. This is super frustrating when the following week the rest of the table also goes clearance. 🙄

Back