Archived Tina Schiel is coming to my store Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were at our store for a total of 10 minutes, and never came in the back room. I hope it was worth blowing a months worth of payroll.

She made three laps around the store, while her assistants? minions? flying monkeys? IDK. Spread out and looked at the individual sections.

I think it would be even MORE beneficial for the Corporate "think tank" to do this....anyone heard of the "new and improved pharmacy plan"? It's going to send GS scores down the drain and is already killing morale in my pharmacy as well as a few other local ones.

Do elaborate.

She made three laps around the store, while her assistants? minions? flying monkeys? IDK. Spread out and looked at the individual sections.

Thats how these visits go. They have even less of an idea of what goes in in stores than DTLs.

People at her level just come in, shake a few hands, want to know about team engagement, and point out things we should look into. She sees enough stores that she isn't at all concerned about us..Truly...When she was in charge of us in G396 yrs back she visited a few times. I pointed out to her one time just what WE are doing at our store to drive sales in the area, thats it, anymore than that and you lose her ..I did comment to her that the slacks she was wearing looked like she bought them at the GAP..She laughed because she said she did..All Corporate folk are tools, we all know that:pardon:

Not a question, but a "food for thought" comment: Many tm's believe that their leadership has little understanding of the job that they do. It could be beneficial for leadership training to include stints (more than 1-4 hours) actually doing the job that the tm's do to increase their understanding of the things that both hinder and improve their productivity. This training time should be sans any leadership responsibility so as to get the full job experience. (Our ETL-log actually did this for 2 days with our instocks team. He was very surprised at all of the interruptions during scanning time and how much the work of the plano, pricing, salesfloor, backroom and flow team affect the productivity of the team. He was better able to lead us and his other teams toward executing best practices because of his experience.) Feeling that your supervisor understands your job fully leads to better morale.

I wish the ETLs would do this at my store. They say they know what my job is like, but they really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back