Archived Tips on how to set shoes via Visual Adjacency

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we started from strips to visual adjacency and its been a bit stuff for some of our team members to figure out. Any tips on how to set by VA easier? For me, I like to draw a line for every 4-6 shoes (depending on shoe box size) into sections and that seems to help.

Here are some questions:

1. Do you have one aisle standard and the opposite aisle reverse? I think it'd be best to make all shoes standard.

2. What do you do with shoes that don't have card board boxes? We have some Target ones, but they are too small.

3. Where do you put shoes that are discontinued/not located?

BTW. We still use the old grey shelves.

Last edited:
I think you are overthinking separating the shoes into sections. What I've been doing (and I've found super easy) is to first set up the fact tags and 3x5s in the order the VA shows. Then, when you're packing out, you can adjust each one depending on the size of the box you just pushed. You'll find some shelf sections can have fewer than 4 or even more than 6 shoes in each.

We do have some aisles standard and some reverse. What's important is that the lead-in shoe is always first. After that, it doesn't really matter which way you're in, as long as you follow the book, because there is no more schematic to worry about.

We make all boxes for shoes without one. If you don't have enough boxes, call your offsite and get them to send more over. The infant ones are only good for a few shoes, but you're going to want to have a lot of 2000's. These are perfect for infants, kids, and womens shoes.

With this new September set, I had a lot of girls NOP but not as much clearance, so I made 1/3 of the designated clearance sections in the girls aisles clearance and the other 2 NOP.

We flex in all discontinued shoes as well. I know the adjacency wants the shoe boxes to make and "L" and a backwards "P", but we do ours in a straight line down. Honestly, as long as each shoe has a display, that's all I care about, lol. So many shoes that our adjacency says we won't have, but we still get them anyway.

Watch out for shoes without boxes. This week I found Cat and Jack girls shoes that are tied in girls. They had been all piled up on the top shelf. Really people. It took me 2 seconds to realize they should be in girls.

I think you are overthinking separating the shoes into sections. What I've been doing (and I've found super easy) is to first set up the fact tags and 3x5s in the order the VA shows. Then, when you're packing out, you can adjust each one depending on the size of the box you just pushed. You'll find some shelf sections can have fewer than 4 or even more than 6 shoes in each.

We do have some aisles standard and some reverse. What's important is that the lead-in shoe is always first. After that, it doesn't really matter which way you're in, as long as you follow the book, because there is no more schematic to worry about.

We make all boxes for shoes without one. If you don't have enough boxes, call your offsite and get them to send more over. The infant ones are only good for a few shoes, but you're going to want to have a lot of 2000's. These are perfect for infants, kids, and womens shoes.

With this new September set, I had a lot of girls NOP but not as much clearance, so I made 1/3 of the designated clearance sections in the girls aisles clearance and the other 2 NOP.

Thanks! This is good advice. Actually we just got our 3x5 sign holders this week, so didn't realize I could have done that. About the fact tags--I have never seen them before.. does it actually have pictures of the shoe or just text? That would help a lot.

Thanks! This is good advice. Actually we just got our 3x5 sign holders this week, so didn't realize I could have done that. About the fact tags--I have never seen them before.. does it actually have pictures of the shoe or just text? That would help a lot.

The fact tags have the different brand logos, but no shoe pictures. They aren't shoe specific.

Sorry, just got home from a rough close. Like POG997 said, the fact tags are the cardstock pieces that go behind the 3x5s. They are not shoe specific, however they have a specific brand logo and gender printed on them, making it easier to distinguish between shoes in the sign holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back