Tired of people being able to call out with no repercussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing I have never called out in my 10 months of working here.
5 yrs here.
There was a week back when I was a BR TM that I had a really bad cold and left early a few times... but I did get my work done beforehand... in the coolers/freezer.

Imagine being a brand new employee somewhere, and in less than a year, you get so full of piss and vinegar, you claim to know the exact number of callouts a coworker has for a month's worth of time.

Like damn dude, fucking chill. I don't know what job would be better for you, but anything with other people is probably a bad idea.

Imagine being a brand new employee somewhere, and in less than a year, you get so full of piss and vinegar, you claim to know the exact number of callouts a coworker has for a month's worth of time.

Like damn dude, fucking chill. I don't know what job would be better for you, but anything with other people is probably a bad idea.

Funny that you say that because I actually applied for Electronics but they said "no you get cashier/cart attendant instead; but don't worry because in 3 months you can move haha". Except that never happened... and I've been stuck in this shit position for 10 months now. And yes I have asked to move

Funny that you say that because I actually applied for Electronics but they said "no you get cashier/cart attendant instead; but don't worry because in 3 months you can move haha". Except that never happened... and I've been stuck in this shit position for 10 months now. And yes I have asked to move

3 months, as in, after your probation. Well yeah, I wouldn't move you either if you were a nightmare to work with. Nothing but cart attendant shifts for you.

Try being told hardlines does electronics sometimes then basically being electronics without the pay grade difference there was in the past but then being booted out when they got their act together and hired a “real” electronics team yet for 4 years being denied any better position while having to train all the newbies for electronics. They’ll say whatever they want to get bodies in the door, you aren’t special for that, honey.

3 months, as in, after your probation. Well yeah, I wouldn't move you either if you were a nightmare to work with. Nothing but cart attendant shifts for you.

Are you ok buddy? I think you might need to take a break from the internet for a little while. You have commented way too many times on this post and clearly have an unhealthy investment with how I act as a person even though you have never met me. Take your ugly ass attitude and profile picture somewhere else thank you

Are you ok buddy? I think you might need to take a break from the internet for a little while. You have commented way too many times on this post and clearly have an unhealthy investment with how I act as a person even though you have never met me. Take your ugly ass attitude and profile picture somewhere else thank you

I never understood this argument. Like how can you try to use my participation against me....while you also actively participate at the same rate? Boy, grow up and be a professional. I guarantee you, your work life will only benefit from it.

I never understood this argument. Like how can you try to use my participation against me....while you also actively participate at the same rate? Boy, grow up and be a professional. I guarantee you, your work life will only benefit from it.

This is my own post... lmao. It's also funny you say "I never understood this argument", meaning people have said the same thing in the past to you. I think you really need to take a break from the internet for a while... maybe go outside, pick up a new hobby apart from shit posting on a target forum page

Try being told hardlines does electronics sometimes then basically being electronics without the pay grade difference
Exactly why I fucking left, down to the T. I was doing so many shifts in electronics it got to the point where I had maybe 2 hardlines shifts a week and everything else was electronics. And the bullshit excuse they gave me when I called them out on it was "We just don't think your ready yet.". The day I had my interview with costco was when they told me that "I was ready" for electronics, even though I had majority electronics shifts for 3 months prior.

This is my own post... lmao. It's also funny you say "I never understood this argument", meaning people have said the same thing in the past to you. I think you really need to take a break from the internet for a while... maybe go outside, pick up a new hobby apart from shit posting on a target forum page

Coming from the guy; whose panties are in a wad over people calling out. Yes it sucks. Yes you have to pick up people's slack. Boohoo...Welcome to real world where other people suck.

Coming from the guy; whose panties are in a wad over people calling out. Yes it sucks. Yes you have to pick up people's slack. Boohoo...Welcome to real world where other people suck.

Yes, all I wanted to know from this post was if other stores have a similar issue where LODS don't care about callouts or if people actually get punished for being a shitty employee at other stores. No shit you have the pick up other peoples slack.

Yes, all I wanted to know from this post was if other stores have a similar issue where LODS don't care about callouts or if people actually get punished for being a shitty employee at other stores. No shit you have the pick up other peoples slack.

So much hostility from the people of the internet whom you said we needed hobbies. Sounds like someone needs to watch some Bob Ross and think of happy trees

So much hostility from the people of the internet whom you said we needed hobbies. Sounds like someone needs to watch some Bob Ross and think of happy trees

How is any of what I just said hostile? If anyone has their panties in a wad it's you.

They probably DO have a problem with it, but attendance is a performance issue so they're not gonna tell you what steps they're taking. It isn't your business to know how other TMs are being disciplined.

Most stores will eventually do something about attendance. If nothing has visibly happened then there’s likely more to it than you are personally entitled to know. Welcome to retail life. It’s not normal to be tallying how many shifts other people miss even if it affects you and then ranting about it online. Seems like you’re a little too invested in this person’s business, IMO. Also please don’t try to debate professionally because your comebacks are half logical fallacies.

Most stores will eventually do something about attendance. If nothing has visibly happened then there’s likely more to it than you are personally entitled to know. Welcome to retail life. It’s not normal to be tallying how many shifts other people miss even if it affects you and then ranting about it online. Seems like you’re a little too invested in this person’s business, IMO. Also please don’t try to debate professionally because your comebacks are half logical fallacies.

I wasn't tallying how many shifts she has called out. I just know that every time I am scheduled the same day as her, she has called out to her shift. Which happens about twice a week. And this has been going on for months.

honestly you just gotta go with the flow, none of us get paid enough to be that worried about what other people are doing. Maybe when you see the person you can ask them if they’re doing alright and if they need help with anything

Knowing she’s called out at least 10 times (per your original post) still qualifies as tallying the shifts she has called out, in my book, because you bothered to keep count at some point. Again, not really normal behavior. Also probably a waste of your energy if she’s calling out that much. Channel the frustration into something else. If you’re that upset about it, and about not getting your preferred work center, then start applying elsewhere.

Reactions: NPC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back