Archived TL Base Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone in HR can answer my question, because my own HR couldn’t give me an answer.

I’m Sr. Team Lead Consumables at my store and have been so for a little over a year. When Targets basepay went up from $11 to $12 my basepay didn’t, I continued making $17.75

So, if my basepay doesn’t continue to go up as entry level team members do I’ll eventually be barely making more then TMs when they are brought on. Even if hypothetically I make $2 in merit raises by then, which I feel is being too optimistic, I’ll barely be making more then $4 more then team members ($19.75)? That doesn’t seem fair given my responsibilities ...

So is my base pay going to go up too? Or no?

The difference for pay scales should go up accordingly with the minimum.

Right now the minimums are:

TM: 12
TL: 16
SrTL: 17.75

As minimum goes up all pay grades will go up the same amount. When they redesigned the paygrades last year that kept this in mind and adjusted accordingly. So basically when cashiers are at 15, SRTL minimum should be 20.75 but that’s if that position even exists.

Does SrTL base pay take into account the +$1 for key carrier, or is that in addition to the base pay?

Damn. I always thought it was $1 on top of the base.

Isn’t it $1 on top of base for non senior TLs who are key carriers?

Maybe someone in HR can answer my question, because my own HR couldn’t give me an answer.

I’m Sr. Team Lead Consumables at my store and have been so for a little over a year. When Targets basepay went up from $11 to $12 my basepay didn’t, I continued making $17.75

So, if my basepay doesn’t continue to go up as entry level team members do I’ll eventually be barely making more then TMs when they are brought on. Even if hypothetically I make $2 in merit raises by then, which I feel is being too optimistic, I’ll barely be making more then $4 more then team members ($19.75)? That doesn’t seem fair given my responsibilities ...

So is my base pay going to go up too? Or no?
I don’t know how you only make 17$ as a tl. I have team members at my store that makes that. I’m a senior tl and make way above that. Your raise should go until you max out which will be somewhere around 30$ h

This is what I’d always thought.

Having said that, I’m sure ‘modernization’ will fuck up this little perk for us soon.
I spoke with my DTL even if the position goes away the pay doesn’t . Because it’s not a demotion is a change in terminology

TLs get $4 (12+4). TLs with a key get $5 (12+4+1). SrTLs get 5.75.

I don’t know where you get that info because in that case I should have stayed at 17-18$ which I don’t and every year my increas 6% which bumps me up 1$ every year

I don’t know how you only make 17$ as a tl. I have team members at my store that makes that. I’m a senior tl and make way above that. Your raise should go until you max out which will be somewhere around 30$ h
I make 16.00 as a TL, which is the bare minimum. Low cost of living here. Been with Target for 8 years, but the minimum increases have wiped out every raise. I've been pretty much at the minimum since I started, despite getting the second highest review score every year (except this past year when I got the top score).

I spoke with my DTL even if the position goes away the pay doesn’t . Because it’s not a demotion is a change in terminology
True, but if the position is gone before the minimum for TMs goes up to 15, then the extra money from being a senior will disappear anyway.
I don’t know where you get that info because in that case I should have stayed at 17-18$ which I don’t and every year my increas 6% which bumps me up 1$ every year
I got that info from both my experience and from multiple people on this site, including in this very thread.

I make 16.00 as a TL, which is the bare minimum. Low cost of living here. Been with Target for 8 years, but the minimum increases have wiped out every raise. I've been pretty much at the minimum since I started, despite getting the second highest review score every year (except this past year when I got the top score).

True, but if the position is gone before the minimum for TMs goes up to 15, then the extra money from being a senior will disappear anyway.

I got that info from both my experience and from multiple people on this site, including in this very thread.
Like I said I have team members who makes 18.60$ an hour . And I’ve only been with target for 4 years and make well above that plus the 1 $ for the key

When did TLs start getting 4$ more than TMs. It use to always be 3$.
Probably has to do with the amount of TLs target has cut over the years, elimination of ETL positions, and higher minimum wage+expectations.

Corporate did at least something right.

Probably has to do with the amount of TLs target has cut over the years, elimination of ETL positions, and higher minimum wage+expectations.

Corporate did at least something right.

We have 16 tl 9 etls and the stl
That’s without counting the Plano tl and price change since they are going away January 1st

Sr. TLs only make $17/hr? Damn... that's rough. I figured you all earned at least $39,000 a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back