Archived TL Bench Interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

complianceisbad

n00b GSTL
Hello! I have My first TL bench interview this week coming up and I was just wondering what are some good ways to pass it? I know for a fact that I'm a hard worker. I'm just having trouble coming up with answers to these questions. I'm not very good with interviewing because I get anxious and end up stumbling all over my words. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You'll want some stories that demonstrate your leadership and that you can put into STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Take a deep breath and answer as best you can. You can always go to your ETL or another TL you respect and they can help prep you. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
thank you! My ETL HR attempted to prep me but we kept getting interrupted haha. Such is the life of an ETL HR.

I did my first interview a few weeks before Halloween wearing a big unicorn hat and I passed so I'm sure you'll be fine. ;)

STAR interviews:
The answer to your question(s) are pretty simple. During your interview be honest and yourself. They will ask you 4-5 situational questions (total of 3 rounds I believe) just to see what type of leader you are. Remember to paint them a picture because what they are looking for in each question that you answer is to be outlined in the following way:

Situation - how does your answer relate to the question
Example: tell me about a time you had to make a tough decison
You - During college ect..... <--- you are painting them a picture so tehy can visually see your answer.
Task - what did you have to accomplish/what what was the issue or problem
Action - how did you solve this issue/what steps were taken.
Result - what was the final outcome.

Overall be upbeat. During the interview don't EVER put yourself down. Even with the famous questions "what is one think your previous supervisor would change or say that you need to work on." Turn the question about to something like: "One thing my past supervisor would stay that I can improve is sometimes I tend want to help out too much. If I see someone struggling I always try and offer assistance." Remember to turn a weakness into a strength (sorry I just got off work so if a lot does not make sense please don't blame me lol).
Thanks coolnite

Last edited:
lean on etl's. the ones who prep you are your friends and treat them like it. if you're nervous talking to them you're going to flunk with someone you don't know. your direct one will usually do your first one, but i never did it cause my store wasn't organized.

every stl/dtl has their approach. my stl didn't do interviews, he just waited till i wowed him as a tm to approve me. my dtl knew i prepped but i came off non nervous/non scripted. my friend in a different state had no interviews at all. sometimes you get grilled both times.

always look for high scope answers. i always go to this example cause its the easiest to show it. a mom and kid ask you were birthday candles are. they dont' want you to know where the candles are. they want you to strike up a conversation, talk to the kid about his birthday party, build the basket. talk how you want to create that experience that brings mom back and also that kid loves getting toys/presents from target. your creating a loyal future generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back