TL Development

RandomTeamMember

The Request Has Been Cleared
Hey y’all. I’m currently looking into hopefully working my way up to a TL. (Obviously due to Covid-19 my progression has slowed down a bit) Been working at Target for more than 2 years as a Beauty TM. I never thought I would ever be interested in doing anything like that kind of role and the more I’ve worked at Target the more I’ve had a desire to grow as a leader and move towards that. For those of you who are TL’s, how do you like your job as a leader? What does a TL role entail? Is it even worth it? Not what you expected? I’m just very curious.

I would say it depends on what routes you want to take for your career, because ultimately its your future success you want to promote. I would say this... if you want to be in retail management or some form of it, then becoming a TL is a great path to take (I personally loved my time at that level). However, would you be better off pursuing almost any other career/skill set now to avoid a career in retail for the future? I'd probably say yes. For example, you could spend 3-5 years being a TL with the hopes you get to be an ETL one day (which is already pretty slim) assuming that Target still pays people that much/year to manage their stores. Or you could spend 3-5 years learning almost any other skill with a better outlook (heck, even someone who gets some basic billing/receivable experience can leverage into pretty good careers nowadays).

Hey y’all. I’m currently looking into hopefully working my way up to a TL. (Obviously due to Covid-19 my progression has slowed down a bit) Been working at Target for more than 2 years as a Beauty TM. I never thought I would ever be interested in doing anything like that kind of role and the more I’ve worked at Target the more I’ve had a desire to grow as a leader and move towards that. For those of you who are TL’s, how do you like your job as a leader? What does a TL role entail? Is it even worth it? Not what you expected? I’m just very curious.

Beauty TL is all sales. All your planning will be how to keep sales up. As for its worth- that's up to you. The work you put in is a reflection of how your team runs

Back