TL living with AP-ETL

What needs to be done? It is to my knowledge that, that is an issue in my store with two individuals.

You can report it but it depends on if it bothers the appropriate parties.

ETL-AP and Flow TL were living together on the DL. NOBODY in the store knew. Until someone did. I can only assume a call was made to the Hotline because both of them were termed the same day. So, most likely, if they haven't disclosed their relationship to HR, they will both be termed.

Is it hurting anybody?
Are they damaging anyone's life?
Is it effecting your life?
Has it changed how they do their job?

Keep in mind that if you report it, their lives will be damaged.
If their living together isn't effecting you or how they do their job. WTF would you report them?

This highly depends on the context.

Are they roommates, or are they romantically involved?

Is the situation causing any issues?

In strict terms it's inappropriate and if it's causing problems then by all means report them, but if there isn't something causing issues for you, why does it matter? If it bothers you that much, report it, but be prepared to possibly uproot someone's life by either having them fired or forcibly transferred.

Yes it is a conflict of interest. But how is it affecting you and others at your store. Is this your direct TL? Is the AP-ETL investigating you? Is their relationship causing your job performance to faulter?

It's grossly imappropriate and is probably going to really affect morale in the store when it comes out.

I'd go to THEM and tell them the secret is getting out, but if they approach HR then one of them can transfer and it should be fine. Go from a place of concern for them (because they WILL get fired if HR finds out, especially if one of them is in AP.)

If the two who are living together play it right, they should be fine, but it's important that THEY are the ones to tell HR. "We've started dating and one of us needs to be transferred. Katie hears there's an opening at the store across town. Could we do that?"

There are lots of couples that meet and start dating at Target, just be upfront with you boss.

One person in 50 (MAY) know what Schadenfreude means. Paraphrased: aggression, rivalry and justice. Happens in all demographics. Sickening.

The Germans have such great words for concepts that Americans don't.
Another one of my favorites is Drachenfutter which means "A gift a man gives to his wife to apologize when he's done something stupid (typically staying out way too late)"

Back